Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #1
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Talking Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust

Wanted to give our impression of the system from Hooker.
My wife and I started the search last year for an upgrade to our 1LE. When researching headers along with cat back systems we realized there are quite a few options. Last year at Holley's LSFest we noticed they were using a 1LE as a test car. Upon further research they advised that the current test was for shorty headers and a full cat back system. We parked our car next to the Holley car to hear the difference in sound and compare fit and finish of the system. During the talks, the mention of long tube headers came up and we were told they would be developed and had plans to introduce during the summer of 2015.
At that point we now had another choice of whose product to use when we were ready. The decision was made early in June during the Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car competition in Bowling Green. Holley/Hooker hosted a welcome party for the competitors and we were able to tour the facility at that time. After the tour, and discussion with those involved, the choice was made. We decided to run the Hooker Blackheart "race" system from front to rear. Starting with 1 7/8" long tube headers, no cats, 3" diameter exhaust all the way out with integrated x pipe and quad 4" exhaust tips. Quality is top notch and very impressive.
Install was really easy, even for someone who had never done this and utilized hand tools only. Having the use of a lift was key, but this could be done without a lift as long as the car is high enough in the air to get the headers in from the bottom. Everything fit perfectly right into the factory hangers and as you can see the quad 4" tips fit the NPP valance perfect. No banging or rattling, the system fits above the factory cross brace without hitting and sounds killer. Hooker offers not only a complete setup, they also offer a catback and axle back versions of the system as well.
I've linked Youtube videos of stock vs Blackheart along with pics and links to the system. Any question, let us know.

https://holley.com/products/exhaust/.../70101301-RHKR

https://holley.com/products/exhaust/.../70501301-RHKR

https://youtu.be/Tw7vXEclHso
https://youtu.be/5FRPR2fJBbY
Attached Images

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So how is the drone?

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
jksynergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
So how is the drone?
With this setup, it has drone from 70-80. But a definition of how bad it is can only be determined by who is in the car at the time. It's loud, but remember, no cats, no resonators, only the mufflers at the rear. Plus my car has no back seat nor trunk interior. That makes a difference. As we've gone from a street car to a more track oriented car, to us, it's not an issue.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Old 07-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
jksynergy

Here's another video of the sound. Taken this weekend during our autocross. 1st and 2nd gear only.
https://youtu.be/9xFs1rZogZE

Old 03-25-2016, 02:43 PM   #5
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Is there a clearance issue with the long tubes and the ground if lowered?
Old 03-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #6
jksynergy

I have had no issues. Lowered in the front 1" rear about 3/4".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-25-2016, 05:15 PM   #7
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
What did you do about the O2 sensors
Old 03-26-2016, 07:34 AM   #8
jksynergy

The rear O2's are tuned out. Fronts work just fine.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:42 PM   #9
rev294

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I've been looking at this exhaust system for awhile now and I'm just curious if your still happy with it?
rev294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:30 AM   #10
jksynergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev294 View Post
I've been looking at this exhaust system for awhile now and I'm just curious if your still happy with it?

I am. It's been over 2 years since the install and I have no regrets about. Sounds just like day 1 and still looks great. No issues with any of the components at all.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:06 AM   #11
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev294 View Post
I have their 3 in straight back system. I have some idle clips on my instagram link.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #12
rev294

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Then most likely ill go with the full system instead of a cat back because you have to get long tubes hah.
rev294 is offline   Reply With Quote