Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-04-2015, 06:33 PM   #15
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
Is this a common problem with supercharges? Or is it because it was spinning to fast? How long should the bearings last before they need to be replaced? And when they need replacing does it have to be sent back to whipple? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm looking to purchase this supercharge.
to be honest, have not heard anyone actually having a bearing issue on a camaro..i assume it happens..did read up on some other forums with other vehicles having bearing issue, all different kind os supercharger..i was just looking for video , so I could try and compare mine..i would always suggest sending back to manufacturer so you will get warranty and know its 100% correct..imo
Old 04-04-2015, 06:41 PM   #16
mikepage0007

car went under knife today, boy , did I not realize how difficult this was going to be , due to the direct port fuel and nos injection...found no issues during tear down, all manifold and supercharger bolts where snugged tight, don,t see anything to make me believe it was some sort of air leak...whipple does spin freely, but seems to make more noise then I would think it should , just spinning it by hand..but don,t have another one to compare it to...also the noise was bad after warm up, when engine metal expanded..should ship out to whipple next week, will keep post updated
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #17
mikepage0007

jut a update, heard back from mike a whipple.." It was the jack shaft bearing. Next step it would have started grinding before it had catastrophic failure. I will get it going and call you when it is done ".. surprised it had a issue , but mike is quik to get on it only after having it 2 days..but sure will e nce to get it back
Old 04-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #18
2mas

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2010
Those guys at Whipple are really great when it comes to support! Talking from my own experience. Hopefully starting mine up today...
/Thomas
2mas is offline   Reply With Quote