Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #57
Wileytrigger21

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT / RS, Blk 1SS/RS
People are too quick to jump to conclusions from reading one bad posting. Before you discount AAC take a look thru prior posts and notice how many members have AAC items installed and have had no problems. I personally have the dual color headlight and foglight halo's the interior footwell lighting and both mine and my wifes camaro's have the interior LED conversion. I had a slight problem with one bulb from one of the interior conversion. I contacted Justin and he promptly sent me out a new bulb.

I also shipped my Headlights and Fogs to AAC for them to install the Halos. The install guys were extremely busy so Justin personally assisted with the install to get my lights back to me promptly.

Thanks Justin!!!

AAC- Excellent customer service, quality products!!!
Wileytrigger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #58
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
IMO it comes down to what people expect from a company. Some people have a good experience and some have a bad. It's not like AAC totally refuses to correct what's wrong. It's depends on the situation. In my case I'm gonna keep on trying to figure out why my parking assist turn off when halos are on. It could be a defective part or simple problem I don't see. It would have been nice if their install instruction finished with how to power and wire them in. They could have given some tips or recommendations. I love the way they look. That's why I got them instead of LED tail lights.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #59
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislhardin View Post
"Well everyone on this forum can see how accurate your assumptions have been up until this point."

Now everyone can see how great your customer service attitude is... Why would anyone want to order from you?
From reading this thread and this thread ONLY, I see their customer service has gone far above and beyond what a LOT of other sales companies would ever do to help someone out. THAT is even before reading the LENGTHY post by them recounting everything they have done for you up to this point. Do you want to know my honest opinion? Probably not. But, I'll by happy to give you MY OPINION anyway. You need to read the thread again... You are getting really upset when a few phone calls could resolve the issue. I know...they are hard to get ahold of. Call them again...especially when I see Justin has left you his number like, what...6 times in this thread??
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
I am sorry you feel that way but if you read the entire thread and not just the OP you can see that we have done everything in our power to correct this situation. To be realistic we have been in this business for over a decade, we have an "A" rating with the BBB, we are a 2010 INC500 honoree, and an overall successful company with $MM annual revenue, why would we intentionally withhold this persons $50 refund?

It makes me feel better to see that someone is actually reading the thread and not just automatically grabbing their pitchfork and jumping on the bandwagon.

Post #1: Customer states he sent back a product for refund.

Post #18: I see the thread and offer to look up the status if the customer can provide tracking info on the package he sent back (he does not provide). I ask if he sent back the return form with the return (he did not). I offer to PERSONALLY ASSIST and take care of the issue AT THAT MOMENT if he gives me a call (he declines that assistance).

Post #19: From reading his posts I determine that the issues he is referring to are the result of his installer not using the included relay harness (not the fact that the ballasts are "crap") and offer to PERSONALLY troubleshoot with the person who installed the kit to get everything working properly (he declines that offer).

Post #30: Customer decides he want to install halogen bulbs but does not understand how to change them. I go out to the warehouse, pull a projector, come back to my office and take photos and post info of how to go about this process.

Post #34: I watch our office manager print a check for the refund and mail it to the customer.

Post #38: I explain the difference in H-Series bulbs so the customer can purchase the correct bulb locally.

Post #42: The manager that Chris has been dealing with sends out a second check.

So at this point we have no record of anything returned, the customer can not provide a tracking #, we still issue a FULL REFUND NO QUESTIONS ASKED. We solve the issue for the customer, offer to fix it and speak to his technician, he would rather not deal with it and claim that the parts are crap- that is his right. The customer claims the check was never received we put stop payment on the check (another $35 cost to us) and immediately issue another check NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

If anyone else sees ANYTHING else we can do in this situation please let me know!
Exactly. That is customer service. Like Chris said, let us know when you get the check in the mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislhardin View Post
Another thing you can mark my words is that this posting will be deleted eventually... nothing negative about AAC Style lives very long on these message boards...
When you read entire threads like these where the company has gone pretty far in it's efforts to make a single customer happy and the member continues to bash them, why do you think threads like these would stay? Hold on...the thread is still here...what happened...

Dude...call the phone number Justin provided and get yourself squared away instead of pm'ing him your phone number saying, "no. you call me."

And yes, there are warranty forms to fill out. I've done it too when returning a P13 bulb that malfunctioned. If you look on their site about returns (where the return address is), you will see the form info you need to submit.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but this, IN MY OPINION, is being made out to be a MUCH larger problem that it is...and I see a LOT of other people saying they won't buy because of a minor issue you had. They are trying and have been trying to correct an issue for you. That was obvious to me from the start of this thread when I read every post from AAC attempting to resolve the issue.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #60
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
As a person who has been on both sides of a product gone wrong I do understand to an extent.

Here is what worries me about this whole issue. I am right now looking to buy Afterburner tail lights, LED Mirrors, plus some engine lighting etc....

These items are not cheap at all, plus if something happens with these items you do not have a replacement since you have to send in your tail lights and mirrors.

Just makes you think before you fork out the dough. Just wished I had taken the warning about a set of wheels but thats another story
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:36 AM   #61
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, White w/Black Stripes
Would it be ok with you if I sent you a PM with a couple ways we can troubleshoot this and hopefully say you a whole lot of time?[/QUOTE]

Justin,

I would welcome any advice on making this process easier. Thanks in advance for your assistance. I hate being a squeeky wheel. I honestly didn't think anyone read these things. lol
GrtWht_2010_2SS_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #62
torranosaurus
Banned

Drives: 2010 orange 2SS
Putting in my two cents:
Ordered their upgraded bulbs for my LT, and the left one would only come on in the morning after sitting overnight when I jiggled the wires. Went back with my original bulbs instead of having to open my hood every morning to jiggle.
Then, ordered the CCFL halos, and after a few months the left one was dimmer. They told me the ballast was bad, so I ordered another one and did not get a refund due to not having the original invoice. I am not a hoarder, and once it is installed and working, I throw the papers out. After replacing the ballast, it was apparent that the ring was the culprit, which started smoking after I put in the new ballast! They could not "find" my order on file, so I was out of luck on that too. At least replace them with new ones since I have to remove the nose all over again!!!!
torranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hid oracle