Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Pedders / Eibach / H&R ?????

This is one for the experts, and I am definitely not. Of the big three that seem to get the most attention around here, is any one better than the other?

The obvious questions will be "what are you trying to achieve?" "What is your budget?"

I'd like to stay around 2k; lower the car 1.5'' or so and be able to take on ramps and exit ramps at a high rate of speed (within legal limits of course) without feeling like I am going to slide off the road. Ride comfort is also important as well.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
i would go eibach. but i don't know much about H&R or pedders. now i know its american but maybe look into tein see if they will do a set up. also what are you looking for just springs or the coil over set. you will get better performance out of coil overs and also adjust to what you want. also the car should be tested for which height works best, never go to low or to high.

Another option which i am also new to is vogtland. they are made to lower the car a bit not the show car low and up the handling performance for daily driving streets and road conditions. some company's make them and they are good on the track and act diff on the road. this is all just my opinion there are more people who probably know better
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Pfadt Race Engineering

We've got 1.5" Drop Springs along with our Sport Sway Bar package that would put you well within your price goals and it will provide outstanding balance and control.

Click on Image for more information.

The sway bars will be in next week and we've already sold most of our first batch. The drop springs will be finished around the 2nd week of September and they are extremely high quality units that will provide great ride characteristics as well as performance. What you will find is the steering will be much more responsive and the car will be predictable.

For pricing information please go HERE. IPS can get you pricing on the Drop Springs as well! Please feel free to call or email us anytime!

Kind regards,
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Pedders has done some work for/with GM on the camaro.... May be worth looking into
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
This is one for the experts, and I am definitely not. Of the big three that seem to get the most attention around here, is any one better than the other?

The obvious questions will be "what are you trying to achieve?" "What is your budget?"

I'd like to stay around 2k; lower the car 1.5'' or so and be able to take on ramps and exit ramps at a high rate of speed (within legal limits of course) without feeling like I am going to slide off the road. Ride comfort is also important as well.

Thanks guys!
Pedders has a lot to offer you. We have our own Camaro to document improvements and to advise on settings. We have a strong dealer base and technical support to assist you. We also have manuals for the DIY guys available to you.

Pedders offers multiple setups for you, depending on your goals. Here are several opportunites. The systems get better as you go down:
1. Camaro Drop Spring Kit 1 By Pedders
Merlin Store P/N is CAMAROKIT1
This kit is for the enthusiast that is looking for that aggressive look over performance and may need a slightly higher rear stance due to oversized wheels and tires. This kit offers a 20-25mm drop in ride height. With higher coil ratinings and a lower vehicle stance, performance iimprovements is a real plus

į
Part # Pedders Compnent Price
220032 "Camaro 2009 Front drop Coils & Ride Height with 20"" Wheels at 667mm
" $89.62
" $89.62
220035 Camaro Zeta Rear Coil Ride Height with 20" Wheels 675mm $89.62
220035 Camaro Zeta Rear Coil Ride Height with 20" Wheels 675mm $89.62
Pedders Drop Coils Only Parts Total $358.48
Menu System Discount $38.49

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $319.99

2. Camaro Performance Drop Spring Kit 2
7/8/09 Merlin Store P/N is CAMAROKIT2
This kit is for the enthusiast that is looking for that aggressive look with with a more performance oriented handling experience. The fronts are a 20mm drop and the rears are a 40mm drop. This look is a European look, and will seriously reduce the significant amount of understeer the new Camaro offers.

" $89.62
" $89.62
220033 Camaro 2009 Rear Drop Coils & Ride Height with 20" Wheels at 660mm $89.62
220033 Camaro 2009 Rear Drop Coils & Ride Height with 20" Wheels at 660mm $89.62

3. This system is by far superior than the above kits
5/27/09 Pedders eXtreme Xa Street Performance Kit
MERLIN STORE P/N CAMAROXASTREET
This is a value package with a kick! The new state of the art Pedders eXtreme Xa coil overs are revolutioning the auto suspension community! The Pedders Mono tube 30 way adjustability will give you the ultimate in desired ride, woth the flexibility that you will desire. Maciumum comfort when you want, to killer control when you have to show the world you are on top of your game. this package will include the critical bushings of Street 1 as well. For further control, you can upgrade to Track II with little duplcation in labor!

P/N DESCRIPTION Price
160086 Camaro eXtreme Xa Multi Adjustable Coilover Kit By Pedders with 8kg/mm Front and 10kg/mm Rear Coil Rates $1,799.99
EP1167 Zeta Rear Differential Bush Kit $108.36
TBA Zeta II Rear Extreme Sub-Frame Connector Kit $238.99
PDUSA5420 ZETA REAR CAMBER & TOE ADJUSTERS. EXTENDS ADJ. RANGE. WILL BE ABLE TO GET OVER -2 DEGREES CAMBER $179.00
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius Rod Bushing $198.59

Pedders eXtreme Xa Street II Performance Kit PARTS TOTAL $2,524.93
Menu System Discount $545.94

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $1,978.99

We will very shortly have a bunch of systems between the 3 and over the Xa Street.

If you have any questions, just ask

thanks

Mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Thanks guys...I certainly appreciate the info!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #7
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Thanks guys...I certainly appreciate the info!
DocHoliday,

Please feel free to call or email us anytime!

Kind regards,
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Jordan makes good stuff, as does Pedders.

I've run Pedders on my GTO for over 45k and it's been flawless the entire time, no noises, no failures, and i drive the hell out of it, every day. Snow included.

If your looking to have it done at a certified shop we have one of our best dealers in LA, which is a bit of a trip, but worth it.

Check our Haddad Motorsports in Inglewood.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #9
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post

2. Camaro Performance Drop Spring Kit 2
7/8/09 Merlin Store P/N is CAMAROKIT2
This kit is for the enthusiast that is looking for that aggressive look with with a more performance oriented handling experience. The fronts are a 20mm drop and the rears are a 40mm drop. This look is a European look, and will seriously reduce the significant amount of understeer the new Camaro offers.

" $89.62
" $89.62

We will very shortly have a bunch of systems between the 3 and over the Xa Street.

If you have any questions, just ask

thanks

Mike
dms

Any pics of that set up? Also, will you guys have anything with a 1.3-1.4 inch drop? I really like the look of the H&R drop, but I think Id rather go with you guys because of this

Quote:
Pedders has a lot to offer you. We have our own Camaro to document improvements and to advise on settings. We have a strong dealer base and technical support to assist you. We also have manuals for the DIY guys available to you.

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:41 AM   #10
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Any pics of that set up? Also, will you guys have anything with a 1.3-1.4 inch drop? I really like the look of the H&R drop, but I think Id rather go with you guys because of this
We are indicating what the drop range will be. We are doing this for accuracy. We are seeing some very large variations in heights from 1 identical Camaro to another. So we will drop as much as 1 inch in the front and as much as 1.8 inches in the rear; it really depends on where your vehicle is at. After we record 100+ Camaro heights, we will come up with a average drop.

thanks

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
monkeywrenching

Drives: 1LT/RS
DMS,
How is the ride quality with the spring kits only as compared to stock? I am looking to lower the height and improve the handling but stll retain the long trip driveability
monkeywrenching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #12
Jeanius

Quote:
We are indicating what the drop range will be. We are doing this for accuracy. We are seeing some very large variations in heights from 1 identical Camaro to another. So we will drop as much as 1 inch in the front and as much as 1.8 inches in the rear; it really depends on where your vehicle is at. After we record 100+ Camaro heights, we will come up with a average drop.

thanks

mike
dms
let me make sure I understand here

You guys are seeing different ride heights in Stock VS Stock same model Camaros

and

It's not set in stone that the 2nd package will drop 20mm front and 40mm back, or did you mean to indicate that the drop of both wil be between 20-40mm (I don't see a range on your original post)

My car will not necessarily drop the 20-40, it depends on what height Its currently riding Stock
Correct? Sorry I don't really understand your response to my questions

Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
he's saying that he sees variations in the stock suspensions that make listing an accurate drop hard to list, so depending on the car that we measure on there may be more or less of a drop. We are very critical on details like this, and want to provide the best info that we can. Variations in production cars will make it a bit more difficult.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
Jeanius

Thanks Rob,

Mike, any pics of a Camaro with either/both spring set ups on?