Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #1
CodieG95

Drives: 2014 Camaro Ls Manual
Window tint

Is the stock window tint covered under any warranty? My tint just started peeling on both sides at the top, right around where it rubs against the weatherstripping.
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Our cars didn't come with window tint added from the factory. Any warranty that you have on tint, would have to be done by the place that tinted the windows usually. Check with the dealer that you got the car from, and see who they use.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:03 PM   #3
R3VoLuTioN

Drives: 2011 1SS RS Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Our cars didn't come with window tint added from the factory. Any warranty that you have on tint, would have to be done by the place that tinted the windows usually.
The windows themselves do have a small amount of tinting properties from the factory. That is the properties of the glass not a film. It will say in the corner of the window on the glass the percentage amount.

The film is definitely aftermarket and not a GM warranty item.
R3VoLuTioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:21 PM   #4
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VoLuTioN View Post
The windows themselves do have a small amount of tinting properties from the factory. That is the properties of the glass not a film. It will say in the corner of the window on the glass the percentage amount.

The film is definitely aftermarket and not a GM warranty item.
I know that, been that way for years. I was referring to the OP's cheap window film that was added. If it was added by a dealer, they usually gets the cheapest film available. Nothing worse than cheap, bubbling tint.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:03 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
That is not stock tint. Take it back to the dealer.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:06 PM   #6
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Well that does not look good at all.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:31 PM   #7
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodieG95 View Post
Is the stock window tint covered under any warranty? My tint just started peeling on both sides at the top, right around where it rubs against the weatherstripping.
WTF that ain't stock . Nice hack job .
Old 06-24-2016, 06:41 PM   #8
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Nope that not stock tint, but since you are going to want to replace it, get some ceramic tint. It is the better tint for south Georgia.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.

Last edited by spyderbuddy; 06-24-2016 at 08:04 PM.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:40 PM   #9
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Nope that is definitely stock tint, but since you are going to want to replace it, get some ceramic tint. It is the better tint for south Georgia.
So you know that is factory tint ..... How ? My windows are factory tinted and they don't have a film like that on them .
Old 06-24-2016, 07:53 PM   #10
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
So you know that is factory tint ..... How ? My windows are factory tinted and they don't have a film like that on them .
WTH Dude everyone that owns a Camaro can tell that tint did not come from the factory. You can even tell it was cut.

Factory tint, commonly referred to as "Privacy Glass" is an electrical process called "deep dipping" that involves dying the inside of automotive glass with a dark pigment. Factory tint is standard on the rear half of most new trucks and SUV's. With a common visual light transmission (VLT) of 15%-26%, factory window tint is installed to provide passengers and personal items privacy from outsiders, hence the name privacy glass. Since most states have a VLT legal limit of around 35% for the front driver windows and windshield, factory tint is only applied to the rear half of vehicles windows to avoid breaking the law.

So I do now how to tell that is not factory. So why jump down my throat.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:58 PM   #11
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Nope that not is definitely stock tint, but since you are going to want to replace it, get some ceramic tint. It is the better tint for south Georgia.
Take it easy..I think you made a typo......

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #12
68rssscamaro

I agree with others-get that old sh** off and replace with some better stuff. Unless you just bought the car maybe dealer will cover it-which I doubt.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #13
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
Take it easy..I think you made a typo......
Yep, Fixed the Typo.Sorry Guys My bad.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:03 PM   #14
68rssscamaro

LOL..been there done that...