Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #29
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
There is plenty of "meat" in the spindle to drill a grease hole if you guys are up to it. A 1/4"-28 grease fitting hole is not going to weaken the spindle and would be an easy half hour mod!
But is it needed? Or better yet, would you suggest doing that?
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #30
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
But is it needed? Or better yet, would you suggest doing that?
Suggesting it would be a little much. My suggestion is just to lube the grease channels inside the bushing when installing them and lube the external thrust surfaces of the bushings. If you use a silicone based "sticky" bushing grease, it will stay put and last a very long time. That being said, if you want an easy hour project to satisfy your peace-of-mind and have the tools, why not? My intentions for posting were simply to put to rest any question of weakening the spindle in the process.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #31
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
Suggesting it would be a little much. My suggestion is just to lube the grease channels inside the bushing when installing them and lube the external thrust surfaces of the bushings. If you use a silicone based "sticky" bushing grease, it will stay put and last a very long time. That being said, if you want an easy hour project to satisfy your peace-of-mind and have the tools, why not? My intentions for posting were simply to put to rest any question of weakening the spindle in the process.
I understand.....thanks for your speedy response. I think I'll just stick with my "pre-lubed" bushings for now....don't feel like taking things apart again!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote