Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Question Stereo/ Metra dimensions?? Help

Hey guys, i've got a bit of a project set up for myself but I need a bit more info. Mainly just dimensions. I won't have access to my car for another month so i can't get these myself.

Can someone please measure either their stock radio, or preferably a metra kit and give me these measurements?

(Its mainly the max height/width of the metra kit, or the size of the whole in the place of the stereo.

Also, this isn't marked on the pic, but what is the standard size of the opening on the metra kit?

WHITE: ??.?? "
RED: ??.??"
BLUE: ??.??"
PURPLE: ??.??"

metra opening: ??/?? height/width
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

I know there are a ton of people with this kit. I just need one with a tape measure lol
Old 11-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

one last bump...
Old 11-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
just a thought. but you can always use somthing in the picture for scale, then pull the image up using say the vent as a referance then you should have a close to appox. measurment

go in your car find somthing in the pic that you have in your car, measure that and that becomes you ref piont. then use the images you posted and blow them up using the measurment of the object you have in your car... and bam you have a full size picture of the other persons car with the measurments you need. get it?

edit: i just read that you didnt get the car yet... i do not have a metra kit in my car... but if you go to the dealer and just get the measurment on the HVAC vent above in the 2nd pic you should be able to get the numbers... sorry
BigBlock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
just a thought. but you can always use somthing in the picture for scale, then pull the image up using say the vent as a referance then you should have a close to appox. measurment

go in your car find somthing in the pic that you have in your car, measure that and that becomes you ref piont. then use the images you posted and blow them up using the measurment of the object you have in your car... and bam you have a full size picture of the other persons car with the measurments you need. get it?

edit: i just read that you didnt get the car yet... i do not have a metra kit in my car... but if you go to the dealer and just get the measurment on the HVAC vent above in the secound pic you should be able to get the numbers... sorry
I've had the car over a year...but I'm deployed right now so i don't access to my or ANY camaro to get the measurements :(
Old 11-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
well i can give you some of them... but i dont have the metra like i said... but check back tomarrow ill see what i can do... and thankyou for fighting for us.
BigBlock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i got mine from crutchfield.com. contact them and ask your questions...they are excellent on all the tech stuff.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
GJG

Drives: 2SS
should receive mine in a day or 2....will help out also....

Thanksgiving takes on a special meaning with you guys over there.......

Thank You!!