Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #29
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasz28 View Post
As a former Chevrolet dealer I will tell all of you the truth. Whenever a car this anticipated is released, the gloves are off and nothing in writing or words mean a thing ! The dealer is out to make as much as he can, period ! Especially with dealers going out of business faster than an L88 on Nitrous ! Unless your dad owns the dealership, which mine did you will get didka, bubkas ! You will pay no less than 2k above the sticker if, if, if you are lucky ! This is a cut-throat business and your needs, wants and desires are not even on their list ! My advise would be to bring the owner of your local Chevrolet dealer a bottle of Chevis Regal and tell him his wife left him !

L88 Z 427
OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #30
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
As a former Chevrolet dealer I will tell all of you the truth. Whenever a car this anticipated is released, the gloves are off and nothing in writing or words mean a thing ! The dealer is out to make as much as he can, period ! Especially with dealers going out of business faster than an L88 on Nitrous ! Unless your dad owns the dealership, which mine did you will get didka, bubkas ! You will pay no less than 2k above the sticker if, if, if you are lucky ! This is a cut-throat business and your needs, wants and desires are not even on their list ! My advise would be to bring the owner of your local Chevrolet dealer a bottle of Chevis Regal and tell him his wife left him !

L88 Z 427
bro, i'm already getting it for MSRP (in writing) a LOT of people here are...this is about getting addition discounts, which IS possible
Old 01-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #31
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:

L88 Z 427
My guess is because of advise like this is why you're a former Chevy dealer.

If the dealer or salesman wrote anything down on the order form and signed it, by law they HAVE to honor it as it is treated the same as a legally binding contract. Not doing so not only breaks federal consumer laws (and several others as well), but is also grounds for a lawsuit by the consumer and immediate cancellation of their franchise contract with GM, and no the firing/quitting of the salesman is not grounds to cancel the "contract" the dealer had with the consumer as in a court of law at the time of signing it is assumed that such arrangements has been previously approved by the sales manger or GM.

As already mentioned by Chewy, there are a TON of dealers selling cars at MSRP. There are over 6,000 chevy dealers in the US. For every one dealer who marks up the car, there are 9 that will sell you the car at sticker or less. Regardless of the misconception, marking up a car does NOT help the dealer survive. For every one person who buys a marked up car, they lose 3-4 times the the marked up price from all the people who walked away and went somewhere else. This is what puts dealers out of business.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #32
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Back on track to the OP.

If you signed an order at MSRP, either pay it or cancel your order. The dealer is under no obligation to give you a GM Supplier or Employee deal. It's strictly voluntary on the dealer's part.

The guy who is a former dealer may have been one a long time ago as now if a dealer tried to tell you that even though you have a deal, IN WRITING, at MSRP that the dealer will now charge you 2K over, that's just ridiculous.

Just so most of you know, GM will not get involved in sales issues. They cannot tell a dealer how much to charge or to discount or get involved with deposit refunds, etc. GM isn't going to revoke a delaer's franchise (stated earlier) because of a sales issue over price. Maybe if they applied for rebates they weren't entitled to and didn't give them to the consumer. But not over selling price issues.

Is it good business? No. That doesn't mean a dealer isn't going to try it.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #33
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
My guess is because of advise like this is why you're a former Chevy dealer.

If the dealer or salesman wrote anything down on the order form and signed it, by law they HAVE to honor it as it is treated the same as a legally binding contract. Not doing so not only breaks federal consumer laws (and several others as well), but is also grounds for a lawsuit by the consumer and immediate cancellation of their franchise contract with GM, and no the firing/quitting of the salesman is not grounds to cancel the "contract" the dealer had with the consumer as in a court of law at the time of signing it is assumed that such arrangements has been previously approved by the sales manger or GM.

As already mentioned by Chewy, there are a TON of dealers selling cars at MSRP. There are over 6,000 chevy dealers in the US. For every one dealer who marks up the car, there are 9 that will sell you the car at sticker or less. Regardless of the misconception, marking up a car does NOT help the dealer survive. For every one person who buys a marked up car, they lose 3-4 times the the marked up price from all the people who walked away and went somewhere else. This is what puts dealers out of business.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:34 AM   #34
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
went back on what he said, and he doesn't know what priority means

So i stopped by my dealer today to get a copy of my order # and paperwork because i have failed to do so yet.

when i ordered (oct 13th) he assured me that i would receive any discounts i was eligible for (military) as long as GM offered it - though he stated he doubted they would.

today he said they are selling them at MSRP and thats ithe's a nice guy, and i'm not good @ being 'aggressive with sales people, but he's just not a good salesman...Should i try talking to the manager? i was under the impression i'd be getting mine a couple grand under list

along with that i'm priority 10 (first one to order in allotment of 6) others were 10,11, and 16 i believe. he said lot cars are like 40 or 50 usually. will the priority really affect my order much? i know most people are #1 on their orders.

input and advice is very appreciated. this whole thing kinda killed my buzz from the EVS contest
Wow, you'd really wouldn't be out anything if you told them to pound it, UNLESS your deposit isn't refundable. If you DON'T have a copy of the actual GM order, and you ordered Oct 13th and you didn't get letters - I personally would be blazing hot p/o'd!

But if you did get an order # - then go back and talk to the GM..... but I'm smelling TUNA here.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #35
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Wow, you'd really wouldn't be out anything if you told them to pound it, UNLESS your deposit isn't refundable. If you DON'T have a copy of the actual GM order, and you ordered Oct 13th and you didn't get letters - I personally would be blazing hot p/o'd!

But if you did get an order # - then go back and talk to the GM..... but I'm smelling TUNA here.
as far as i know they are the only place selling MSRP in town - so they're not THAT bad, but i'm going to work on getting my discount or tell them i'm dropshipping from elsewhere.

and I got a copy of my order but i don't think i got the letters because i changed squadrons in Nov, and my order had my old PO Box on it...any way to get them to send it again to my new PO Box?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:03 AM   #36
Leahs SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hi Chewy

Any updates? I just placed my order with Jerry Hamm, wondering how things are going wth your order.

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer
Leahs SS is offline   Reply With Quote