Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #29
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver ice SS View Post
Thanks for the tip... Hopefully these won't squeal like my Hps pads are squealing. I'm gonna bed them in EXACTLY as the instructions say to, and hope for the best.
We're pullin' for ya man!!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #30
Silver ice SS

Drives: Silver ice Metallic 2SS/RS
If these pads squeal after me properly bedding them this time, I'll be going back to the stock pads, and that is where I'll stay!
Silver ice SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 AM   #31
Silver ice SS

Looks like I am gonna be pulling the plug on Hawk pads... Hawk is saying that people are experiencing problems like I am, more often now, with the ceramics and HPs pads. You should not have to apply sandpaper to any brake pads just so they won't SCREAM every time you apply the brakes at low speeds. Its pointless to roll the dice and install the ceramics, and end up with the same problem that I have now.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #32
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver ice SS View Post
Looks like I am gonna be pulling the plug on Hawk pads... Hawk is saying that people are experiencing problems like I am, more often now, with the ceramics and HPs pads. You should not have to apply sandpaper to any brake pads just so they won't SCREAM every time you apply the brakes at low speeds. Its pointless to roll the dice and install the ceramics, and end up with the same problem that I have now.
I can't believe you are still having probs! :(

Did you sand the rotors at all before installing the pads? It is almost always a rotor face issue... Is there ANY sort of lip on the outer edge of the rotor? If so, you need to resurface them completely. Otherwise a DA with a scrub pad on the rotor faces should do the trick...
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #33
Silver ice SS

There is a lip on the rotors edge, but I had them resurfaced in February, so I'm not sure if they ever got rid of it, or if a new one formed. The surface if the rotor is rather smooth though. I'm just gonna play it safe and go back to stock. If anyone has a full set of stock pads that are brand new or pretty close, PM me please.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #34
Rick2010
Chevrolet's & NY Yankees!

Drives: ALL CHEVROLET'S
BG Stop Squeal......
No more Issues. Period!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #35
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
I've taken a fine file and put a slight taper on the edge of the pad. I mean SLIGHT. And have never had a squealing problem.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote