Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #15
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I have the Pfadt trailing arms. I've very happy with how they have helped my suspension. I have a lot of Pfadt parts in my car. They make great products.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #16
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I have the Pfadt trailing arms. I've very happy with how they have helped my suspension. I have a lot of Pfadt parts in my car. They make great products.
You have a lot of parts, period.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #17
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You have a lot of parts, period.
Chase I already ordered, received and installed my Pfadt trailing arms today. Thanks for the quick order shipment.

Boy those stock bushings are a bear to remove. I ended up making my own tool for removing them (piece of 2" pipe, washers and an 8" bolt).

You should have your website recommend the Pfadt bushing removal tool when people order those trailing arms
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #18
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
On subframe bushins how are the PFadt subframe bushings for street driveability or would BMRs polyurethane be better.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #19
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
On subframe bushins how are the PFadt subframe bushings for street driveability or would BMRs polyurethane be better.
I don't have my car back from the shop yet. I'll have it next week. It looks like this today.

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #20
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
To eliminate any and all wheel hop I have done the following: Pedders XA Drag pak II (complete bushing and coilovers) BMR subframe connector, Pfadt trailing arms. With 640+ to the wheels and no wheel hop, just lots of smoke the wheel hop problem is solved.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #21
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
Chase I already ordered, received and installed my Pfadt trailing arms today. Thanks for the quick order shipment.
No problem. Thanks or your order.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #22
cwalms

Drives: 2SS Red Jewel Tint
Send a message via Skype™ to cwalms
Ordered mine Wednesday. Hope to have them in by Monday and installed soon after.
cwalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #23
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
I have no intentions of hijacking this thread, I just want to clarify some things since we were mentioned in the thread a few times as well. The OE trailing arms are very flimsy and have low durometer rubber bushings. Any upgrade will be better than nothing. Some companies claim that all you need is bushings but as Pfadt's and BMR have known from the beginning, the trailing arm itself is prone to flex as well. Installing bushings in the factory trailing arms only fixes half the problem and costs almost as much as a set of bulletproof trailing arms with better bushings already pre-installed. Upgrading trailing arms will remove the majority of your wheel hop if not cure it completely.

That being said, how do you choose whose to buy? Certainly both are great products, we just chose alternate ways of building them. Ours are no holds barred, built as strong as you could make them with overlapping, double welded plates, gussetted rear box and rectangular tubing. Nobody will ever bend or break a pair of our Trailing Arms. Building them this way makes them a little heavier but it's nothing to be worried about, 1.5 lbs. per arm for a total of 3 lbs. heavier than the OE trailing arms...
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote