Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
coreyk

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT Inferno Orange
New exhaust.. need help!

Ok so I wanted to get my 2011 1LT to sound a little beefier. I didn't want to go nuts with it and my neighbors have a habit of calling the cops if my car is too loud. So i decided I would toss on a couple QTP electronic cutouts.

I dropped in the cutouts right after the cats so I can dump it early. Well it is definitely loud that's for sure. BUT it is a little higher pitched then I wanted. Definitely not rice burner status but 100% muscle car status either. As soon as I get a chance I will post of video of it so you can hear the sound (it's dark out now, neighbors might cry lol)

So my question is what might help get this thing a little deeper sound? I want to try to keep the stock mufflers in, I don't want to change too much, I want to keep the cutouts in. I don't want to waste the cutouts. Would just changing the cats to some high flow cats do the trick? Or maybe some performance headers? Maybe a combo of both? (hopefully one or the other so I don't have to drop tons and tons of extra money into this)

If anyone has any experience with this any advice would be appreciated.

THANKS!
coreyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Do you care about your powertrain warranty? If not then I'd suggest some long tube headers and high flow cats.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
fz6r

Drives: Camaro
Axelback exhaust isn't too expensive, SLP Loudmouth sounds pretty good, looks pretty good and is worth the money IMO.
fz6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Sorry to say it, but you have the V6 and nothing will give it a deep sound. It will always have a high pitch and rasp to it.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
fz6r

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Sorry to say it, but you have the V6 and nothing will give it a deep sound. It will always have a high pitch and rasp to it.
^ completely true. With a good exhaust, our 6's can sound awesome (love mine,) but by no means does it sound like a muscle car. More like a throatier 370Z.
fz6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Solo Mach Cat Back with high flow cats ! Simple, it will never sound like a V8 because its not, but this will give you a great sounding V6 with a deep rumble and gurgle on a cut back.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Yup, its true, never gonna get a v8 rumble. I did a V6 the other day and we did headers with cat delete, resonator delete and SLP loud mouth and it still just sounded like a raspy 350z. And the headers and cat delete dont void warranty as long as all the factory sensors are reinstalled.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
coreyk

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT Inferno Orange
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I lost touch with this thread for a while.

Ok well I know it isn't going to sound like a V8 but I wanted something a little deeper. This is apparently a V6 with cutouts, doesn't say what else, but it sounds great in this video. Then again MAYBE it is just a bad camera creating a better sound. http://youtu.be/RVDrqwRoO5c

Mine sounds more like this http://youtu.be/fe5dDd7_kyc

Tags
1lt, cats, cutouts, exhaust, headers