Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #29
jnglo

Drives: Hummer H1, Camaro 2SS/RS
nice job starting this new thread. Yah, the white ones are as bright as Audi LED daytime running lights. I run mine day and night and always get looks. It doesnt seem bright when ur standing right next to the car, but if ur standing a good 20ft away, they are really bright
jnglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #30
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
like to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accents2b1 View Post
Did mine in Orange,Love it, easy install
After you pull the factory insert out what is behind it in the opening?Is it just a cavity or is their bracing in there? I Want to experiment with something in there, but do not want to destroy the original insert trying.Thanks
Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #31
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
neither, just some abs with slots cut in it to hold that mailslot in place.. you could easily cut it out if you had to for something..
Old 06-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #32
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Behind the mailslot is your hood latch, so I'm not sure why you would, but if you did cut out the mailslot you wouldn't have much room to do anything worthwhile...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #33
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
thanks & thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
neither, just some abs with slots cut in it to hold that mailslot in place.. you could easily cut it out if you had to for something..
Thanks to both of you for your response's.Saved me from butchering the slot up experimenting.Thought it best to ask someone whom had pulled the insert.Oh well I guess I will leave well enough alone.Until someone comes up with something cool to go in there.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #34
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy56 View Post
Thanks to both of you for your response's.Saved me from butchering the slot up experimenting.Thought it best to ask someone whom had pulled the insert.Oh well I guess I will leave well enough alone.Until someone comes up with something cool to go in there.
Umm...someone did...and you're posting in a thread about it :-)
Old 06-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #35
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Hurt Feelings

After all that work doing the videos and typing up all that info the thread just gets taken down...lol. Alot of repeat question in the near future i see.

As far as your orders: If you were not part of the Pre-Order (i.e. ordered in March / April) then "in the OT" we let every know that you will not likely see your light until June / July; due to the fact there were a TON of pre-orders and these are not machine assembled. they are assembled by hand therefore taking a little bit longer to make. In between traveling from time to time, and replacing some lights that may have been damaged by the USPS, or were faulty some delays have occurred. I know all of you that have contacted Dan with an issue can attest to the GREAT customer service he has given you. Just think some of you guys have only been waiting since March/ April; imagine what the first pre-order people went through lol. Soon once Dan has caught up to the demand the more popular (RED,White,Orange) will be readily available.

Yes, during high noon time certain colors will be harder to see than others. Like the white is so bright during day and deff. at night. My orange and amber are noticeable during the day but if the sun is beating right on it you have to really look but that is because the color blends more with the sun than a blue or white. I will say, while checking a returned light for Dan: i almost blinded myself...lol. Had the light (at night) on the hood and plugged it in and lost sight for about 20 seconds lol, damn amber is bright!

ssrheaven: Check the cable behind the light and make sure none of the spikes broke through the cable from too hard finger pressure applied when securing it or re-installing it, also check the the pins at the connection point in the box. It is not uncommon when the boot is reapplied some pins may bend. Hope that helps.

Glad you guys created a new thread, hope the original becomes available again, a lot of questions could be answered in there. Also glad you guys are enjoying your light.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #36
Black20102LTRS

Drives: 2010 2LTRS
I saw these on You Tube nice

Black20102LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #37
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
Yeah I started this new thread because the old one was taken down, because in order to post on there you now have to be a sponsor. If Dan would be a sponsor, then the sight would be back open, but I guess this will work as well. I ordered mine 1st part of April, but i don't think I was part of the pre-order and am still waiting on mine. I'm guessing that hopefully mine will be in that June/July group. This is the longest I have ever had to wait for a mod.
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceballone View Post
After all that work doing the videos and typing up all that info the thread just gets taken down...lol. Alot of repeat question in the near future i see.

As far as your orders: If you were not part of the Pre-Order (i.e. ordered in March / April) then "in the OT" we let every know that you will not likely see your light until June / July; due to the fact there were a TON of pre-orders and these are not machine assembled. they are assembled by hand therefore taking a little bit longer to make. In between traveling from time to time, and replacing some lights that may have been damaged by the USPS, or were faulty some delays have occurred. I know all of you that have contacted Dan with an issue can attest to the GREAT customer service he has given you. Just think some of you guys have only been waiting since March/ April; imagine what the first pre-order people went through lol. Soon once Dan has caught up to the demand the more popular (RED,White,Orange) will be readily available.

Yes, during high noon time certain colors will be harder to see than others. Like the white is so bright during day and deff. at night. My orange and amber are noticeable during the day but if the sun is beating right on it you have to really look but that is because the color blends more with the sun than a blue or white. I will say, while checking a returned light for Dan: i almost blinded myself...lol. Had the light (at night) on the hood and plugged it in and lost sight for about 20 seconds lol, damn amber is bright!

ssrheaven: Check the cable behind the light and make sure none of the spikes broke through the cable from too hard finger pressure applied when securing it or re-installing it, also check the the pins at the connection point in the box. It is not uncommon when the boot is reapplied some pins may bend. Hope that helps.

Glad you guys created a new thread, hope the original becomes available again, a lot of questions could be answered in there. Also glad you guys are enjoying your light.
thanks for the response emailed Dan with no luck on response had a car show last night was ashamed the lights didnt work.Will check asap.
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #39
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Anybody know how long their light took from the time that it hit royal mail till it hit your door?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:35 AM   #40
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Mine is installed and problems already. One LED stays on all the time. They say take it back out and reseal the bulb, well that doesn't work. Hopefully they will send me a new one. That's a lot of money to have it screw up right after you install it.
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:01 AM   #41
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Anybody know how long their light took from the time that it hit royal mail till it hit your door?
Mine took about a month but was it was due to the volcanic ash...it has been taking about 4-6 days normally.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #42
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I hope these eventually are able to be bought through a company like Jegs or Summit.