Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Looking forward to seeing more
Old 06-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
I took some videos today but they were crappy because I was driving home from the dealer and left the new sunroof open (still getting used to that). I will take good ones tomorrow with and without the fuse so people can get an idea.

Questions:
Does the standard V6 exhaust have a fuse #8 and does it do anything?
-No, The NPP has flaps in the tips (you can actually see them) and the fuse closes them at certain RMP's. Pulling any fuse related to flaps that are in standard exhaust will have no effect, I can't see why GM would put a fuse in there for no reason if it wasn't NPP but it may be for something else. I no longer have Megan so I can't check sorry.
And I get what you're saying. However, it is clearly marked "exhaust flap" on the fuse box lid. If it were for something, I believe it would be indicated as such on the fuse box. But on my car, in the fuse box located in the truck, in space #8, it's for the exhaust flapper. But what I'm trying to find out is why I'd have the fuse, when I had just standard exhaust equipped.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #17
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
All the V6 model cars get the same wiring harness regardless of options. The options get added further along the assembly line. For example when I was fixing my girlfriends 2000 ford Taurus I found a fuse for a car phone. No car phone.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #18
seattlemichaud

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Black on Black
Well I finally got around to having my 7 year old shoot some video of me drivuing around. The quality isn't the best and the titles hang off the screen, but you get the idea. The first part is a cold start. The second is driving with the windows up and the third is down. Just in case the video doesn't embed properly.

3800 6/9/13
Delivered 07/04/13
seattlemichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
amedal

Drives: Camaro 2013 2LT RS Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemichaud View Post
Well I finally got around to having my 7 year old shoot some video of me drivuing around. The quality isn't the best and the titles hang off the screen, but you get the idea. The first part is a cold start. The second is driving with the windows up and the third is down. Just in case the video doesn't embed properly.

is this with or without the fuse pull?
amedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
seattlemichaud

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Black on Black
Without. I was planning on puling it this week, but I will have to wait on video. I already have to get my winshield replaced and the damn thing is two weeks old.
3800 6/9/13
Delivered 07/04/13
seattlemichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #21
amedal

Quote:
Without. I was planning on puling it this week, but I will have to wait on video. I already have to get my winshield replaced and the damn thing is two weeks old.
how do you like the exhaust?? i dont really like it. it is better at lower rpms than the stock exhaust. but i cant take the high pitched fart sound it makes at high rpms.
at least i know that with the fusepull it will sound better. i cant wait to go back to the US and do it on my Camaro.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #22
FLGator75
Don't Tread on me!

Drives: 2017 Yellow Camaro RS/V-6.
Send a message via ICQ to FLGator75 Send a message via AIM to FLGator75 Send a message via Yahoo to FLGator75
Angry

Quote:

Same here. Rock got mine last week.
FLGator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #23
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
The fuse pull is so much better that I just cant make myself put it back in and record it. I've just now gotten the car back from repair (again...) and ill do it asap because I <3 yall so much.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #24
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I wish 2010-2012 Camaros could get the NPP exhaust, I'd totally go for it.

And I can sympathize with you, GAHDOOSH - I had a Corvette 427 Collector Edition for one week through work and the first thing I did was find the NPP/Exhaust fuse and pull it out. Drove it around for the rest of the time with the fuse pulled - LOVED it. Was tempted to leave it out when I turned the car back in but didn't want to get in trouble so I popped it back in.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #25
dave eckhardt
dave eckhardt seabees

Drives: 2012 camaro 2 LT convertible
there was a thread posted on this forum around a month ago about adding a 12V relay to control the tone of the npp.I bought the relay off of amazon or ebay.it is a remote control relay.you remove fuse #8 and replace each side of the fuse with the red and white wires on relay.it can then be programmed into your home link buttons that controls garage door opener.one button for loud and one button for quiet.it works great.you can be loud,push the button and it will go back to quiet.if you are interested in this relay,search the forum.I can't remember the op but he lays it out for you.a GREAT toy for cars with Npp.
dave eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #26
dave eckhardt
dave eckhardt seabees

Drives: 2012 camaro 2 LT convertible
relay costs around $16.
dave eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #27
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave eckhardt View Post
there was a thread posted on this forum around a month ago about adding a 12V relay to control the tone of the npp.I bought the relay off of amazon or ebay.it is a remote control relay.you remove fuse #8 and replace each side of the fuse with the red and white wires on relay.it can then be programmed into your home link buttons that controls garage door opener.one button for loud and one button for quiet.it works great.you can be loud,push the button and it will go back to quiet.if you are interested in this relay,search the forum.I can't remember the op but he lays it out for you.a GREAT toy for cars with Npp.
NO SH!T! That's actually really genius! Ah damn - now I'm going to have to spend more money. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to research that. I hadn't thought of using it like a "cutout" - was assuming the only way to get it to work would be with a wiring harness and BCM that is programmed for it.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #28
amedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
The fuse pull is so much better that I just cant make myself put it back in and record it. I've just now gotten the car back from repair (again...) and ill do it asap because I <3 yall so much.
PLEASE DO IT

I can't wait to go back to the US and do it myself.

I was desperate everytime I stepped on my Camaro and made that high pitched fart noise.