Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #113
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I thought the same thing. The ONLY color I would have got instead of black would have been Hugger Orange with white stripes. No Hugger orange so I got my Black SS.
And may I say what an awesome Black SS you have too...

I must admit I like the IOM it is fresh and new and it grows on me more each time I see it but, that was GM's intention when doing the 2010 Indy Pace Car.

For 2011 it is clear they are going nostalgic so Hugger Orange stripes w/hounds tooth seats for this limited production would be appropriate, if not expected.

IMO
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #114
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
What would we do if it were like a Nova or Chevelle and not an hp edition?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #115
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
That's because those dodge colors are new. They are not the same type of paint that was used in the 60's and 70's.
If you were to paint a new car with hugger orange from the 60's it would look terrible.
Clear coat or not, it just wouldn't look right.
Maybe if they made a similar orange to hugger.
I agree, then why did they not come closer to the Hugger Orange color instead of Tomato Orange looking departure with the IOM....

I think with today’s paint technology you would be surprised at just how cool the Hugger Orange would look, heck give it to House of Colors to develop and I bet that they could come up with a replacement for the Hugger Orange that would blow you away... OMG just dreaming here but, what about a Candy Apple Hugger Orange....
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #116
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post

Patience is a virtue!

The HP(Z28) would be announced latter that's all.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #117
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
My 2 cents is that its most likely gonna be another synergy varient, we havent heard really anything about it since its first announcement so im thinkin GM will want to add some spice to that...

...now my wishful thinking? Id love to see a Chevelle, something to battle the Dodge Charger which honestly is in a class of its own right now with everyone focusing on the pony cars. Only thing is it, as well as the charger, should have a 2-door option at least.
And other than that id especially love to see a super N/A Camaro like what Ford will be doing with the Boss 302, only thing is lets not get into naming it yet cause we all know how touchy that subject gets... LOL
Or a Firebird, dear god how sweet it would be if their big announcement was a Firebird and along with that they dropped another bomb shell "Pontiac is back" baahhh im gonna go cry into my pillow now...
xD
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #118
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 View Post
Number 3,

In all due respect,

....Seeing the concept Camaro and the Transformers movie over, and over, and over, and over again waiting for the REAL thing was the ultimate car tease ever in the history of....well ever in the history of anything! As the "F" and "C" companies were putting out some cases two retro based models, us Chevy fans could only drool in anticipation. Again in all due respect, I would classify that as "disappointment"

....and while those same other companies put out Convertibles, "HEMI", BOSS 302's and "500" additions and key activated track modes; again us Camaro fans could still do nothing but drool… and again in all due respect, I would classify that as "disappointment" as well...

....having to see a cobalt Blue, Sublime Lime or Plumb Crazy rides out there with no Hugger Orange w/hounds tooth Camaros would also qualify as "disappointment".

Now please do not take this as negative, as I still love GM vehicles over all other brands....but, I must admit GM has disappointed us loyal customers.

So if GM does not want to Disappoint us customers tell us what's happening and what is planed, heck it makes no difference to the "F" and "C" companies they have all shown their cards.

Just saying;
Well the Camaro is a story in it's own right. But as we are here enthusiastically discussing a simple rumor is it fair to say it was a disapointing story?

But I get your point. I can see where some might have been disappointed.

I just ask that you remember GM was in a world of hurt in 08 and 09. I think the Camaro was a chance to keep excitement up during those dark days for the General.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #119
cozbyrt

Drives: 2011 Buick Regal CXL turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Jump for joy!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #120
Variko

Drives: 2SS RS LS3 Black
I think might be the unveil of the Grand National. I bumped into 2 GM engineers at the Grand Floridian in WDW in Dec. They overheard me talking about my 2010 and a conversation ensued. I asked if there were any other cool new retro models coming out. They hinted about a Buick that was "hot in the 80's", that would be a zeta 2 frame car, that GM had sucessfully kept very quiet. That would be very sweet news.
Variko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #121
Z4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variko View Post
I think might be the unveil of the Grand National. I bumped into 2 GM engineers at the Grand Floridian in WDW in Dec. They overheard me talking about my 2010 and a conversation ensued. I asked if there were any other cool new retro models coming out. They hinted about a Buick that was "hot in the 80's", that would be a zeta 2 frame car, that GM had sucessfully kept very quiet. That would be very sweet news.

Oh crap don't say that I owned one and loved mine, if they made another I would have a tuff decision between that and the new camaro. I think my wife would notice both of them in the drive way if I bought one of each .
Old 02-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #122
Variko

Of course as I was talking to them as the bar tender kept refilling my drink, and handing me shots of Patron. So much that I wasnt able to do that math for the tip at the end of the night. So if GM knows which Engineers were at the Grand Floridian in December, I was drunk and they never hinted at anything, nor would I have remembered if they had.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #123
Variko

The Grand National was the only bad ass car of the 80's. How sweet would that be? Im still a Camaro guy, but Id love to see that car back with a nasty V6 turbo. My wife would even be willing to part with her 06 SER Altima for one of those. That would make me very happy.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #124
Z4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variko View Post
The Grand National was the only bad ass car of the 80's. How sweet would that be? Im still a Camaro guy, but Id love to see that car back with a nasty V6 turbo. My wife would even be willing to part with her 06 SER Altima for one of those. That would make me very happy.
A friend of mine owned a Grand National GNX edition talk about a sweet limited edition muscle car. Was to rich for my blood at the time, but he had deep pockets obviously. Took it to the track alot, then bought a twin turbo porsche (if it had wings on it, I bet it could go air born).
Old 02-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #125
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 View Post
Number 3,

In all due respect,

....Seeing the concept Camaro and the Transformers movie over, and over, and over, and over again waiting for the REAL thing was the ultimate car tease ever in the history of....well ever in the history of anything! As the "F" and "C" companies were putting out some cases two retro based models, us Chevy fans could only drool in anticipation. Again in all due respect, I would classify that as "disappointment"

....and while those same other companies put out Convertibles, "HEMI", BOSS 302's and "500" additions and key activated track modes; again us Camaro fans could still do nothing but drool… and again in all due respect, I would classify that as "disappointment" as well...

....having to see a cobalt Blue, Sublime Lime or Plumb Crazy rides out there with no Hugger Orange w/hounds tooth Camaros would also qualify as "disappointment".

Now please do not take this as negative, as I still love GM vehicles over all other brands....but, I must admit GM has disappointed us loyal customers.

So if GM does not want to Disappoint us customers tell us what's happening and what is planed, heck it makes no difference to the "F" and "C" companies they have all shown their cards.

Just saying;

Well -- I'm sorry that you feel the Camaro is a disappointment (maybe I'm not quite understanding everything you're saying.....)

We could have 'rushed' the car -- but that wouldn't be the right thing to do. Yes -- you saw the Camaro in Transformers....let me assure you that the whole idea of putting the Camaro in Transformers was hotly debated.

On one side - there's your argument: Show the car longgggg before it will hit the streets.

The other side was to say "No thanks -- use a Mustang or a BMW or a VW".......

Can you imagine? I'm glad we put the Camaro in the movie (as, I think, most enthusiasts agree) and I will also venture to say that it's one of the reasons the Camaro has been so successful. (every child sees a Camaro and sees "Bumblebee!"...)

Yes - Chrysler beat us to the punch - but when you look at the differences between a Challenger and Charger versus a Camaro and the Holden Zeta - you'll see that we essentially have a new car in the Camaro - everything from the cowl forward had to be clean-sheet......plus a whole lot of other stuff..........

-- keep in mind that we were still trying to support 8 Divisions back in 2006- whereas Chrysler had three. I'll put the current GM Portfolio up against Chrysler's current portfolio -- and I think you'll agree that we invested a LOT of money in the past 4-5 years -and that's why our products are winning in the marketplace......(count the number of new cars and trucks that Chrysler has introduced since January 9, 2006 and today - versus GM............see what I mean? And lest we forget: The Mustang is Ford's Corvette. The Challenger is Chrysler's Corvette. (for now) I will be more than happy to take them to Spring Mountain with their best - and introduce them to something called a Z06 - or a ZR1..........(and we ain't done yet!)

I have yet to see a Challenger convertible - so I have to assume that the Challenger owners are 'disappointed' as well. Yes, Mustang has a convertible....

I beg you to go drive a Mustang Convertible and then a Camaro convertible - there is simply no comparison.......(ask any of the Camaro Disciples that have driven both...or read the road tests from auto journalists)

Plumb crazy is an 'interesting' color - and I'm anxious to see how many of them get built and sold.........I'll bet you dinner that the numbers will be very low.......and while this is very subjective, the only ones I've seen are in shows or on dealers' lots.......I have yet to see one being driven..........

Houndstooth? Very retro - and available thru SLP.

Will we tell you everything that's planned? Absolutely not - simply because, as you point out - this is a very competitive business.....and we are not going to show our cards before we need to.

Please pay attention to the sites on Wednesday from Chicago. I don't think you'd be 'disappointed'......

I think Challenger and Mustang owners may be disappointed - esp. because the Camaro is outselling them - and January once again showed that there is a preference for Camaro.

Now - I don't mean to belittle your points or to take them lightly. To do that implies that we are invincible - and we are not.

Rest assured that the last thing we want to do is to disappoint our customers - that said:

We would much rather 'disappoint' you by taking longer to bring you the best products - rather than 'disappoint' you by producing and delivering an inferior product.

Lastly- as Number 3 points out - we also had to deal with Bankruptcy.......

I will say this for the 20 millionth time:

Have Faith.

I don't believe I've steered the Camaro Enthusiast community wrong yet - and I don't intend to..........

Let's chat Thursday!

Last edited by fbodfather; 02-05-2011 at 09:27 PM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #126
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Plumb crazy - I'm anxious to see how many of them get built and sold.........
To be honest.
If the Camaro weren't around, I would have a plum Crazy Challenger SRT8.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about that though.