Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #155
tabshire95
Texas Raised

Drives: 2012 RS Grey 2LT Camaro
Well you probably saved me several hours of hair pulling hahaha thanks bud!
tabshire95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #156
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabshire95 View Post
Well you probably saved me several hours of hair pulling hahaha thanks bud!
Kewl!
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #157
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
The datalog PIDs in this write up are different than the one you emailed me. I was basing my information off of this, which is the reason for the wrong selected pids. Are they different based on different setups?

Just a few are changed out.
You want specifically kph rather than mph logged then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
JANNETTY RACING CUSTOM TUNE INSTRUCTIONS

When you Purchase an SCT X3 Hand Held Tuner from me you get 1, 93 OR, 1, 91 Octane Tune For Free for your simple bolt on mods, exclusions apply for cams, superchargers and nitrous.

PLEASE SPECIFY OCTANE WHEN REQUESTING CUSTOM TUNE, DEFAULT IS 93 OCT.

Additional Tunes with minor changes are available for 50.00 each, i.e. Second tune for a different Octane.

Your new SCT X3 will come to you Blank, You will need to connect the device to your car and Upload Stock tune file, here is how, plug the device in to your OBDII port, select Program Vehicle, Using the left arrow scroll left to UPLOAD STOCK, it will prompt you to turn on the key, do so, and hit select.

Your tuner came with a disc with Free Software called SCT Device Updater software, install this in your home or laptop computer Before you connect the device to your computer.

Then After you install and OPEN SCT Device updater software, you can connect your X3 to your computer, Drivers should install automatically, then Get Stock File, Click Browse, Find your Desktop and Click Save.

Go to your Desktop, there will be 3 files, Select the one with Your VinNumber.sul and email it to me tedj@jannettyracing.com along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, List of performance modifications, and Octane you want to run your car on, i.e 93 or 91.

PLEASE RE: READ LAST STEP, I CANNOT TUNE YOUR CAR WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION.

Then I will send you back a custom tune file for your mods.

Save the file to your desktop, it will be, YOUR NAME JRE TUNE.cef

Again open SCT Device Updater, Then, connect your X3 tuner, select Load Custom Tune File, Browse to your tune file, exit when finished.

Connect to your car, Select Program Vehicle, scroll left to Custom Tunes, Select JRE tune and follow the on screen prompts.

I have developed Dyno Proven tunes for all of the Product I sell, So Unless I instruct you to do so Datalogging will NOT be necessary.

If I instruct you to Datalog your car, The best way I found is to use a laptop on the seat, First Open the LiveLink Software then connect the X3 to your laptop, then connect the X3 to the OBDII Port of the car, With the Car RUNNING, Hit the connect button, a list of PIDs will come up, you will have to scroll through them selecting the Items below.

Even thought they may not be named exactly as I listed them, I want you to select the following, but try not to select anything Not listed or doubles of any of the items listed.

You may have to test several PIDs to see which ones work best or work at all on your car.

Once you find a list that works well Save Livelink Configuration file for future use.

Engine RPM - RPM
ECT engine coolant temp – ecteng clt tmp
TPS throttle position or pedal position – acc pdl pos 1s
IAT intake air temp or Air intake temp – intk Airtmp
MAF Mass Air flow Hz – Maffre 125
TIMING spark cylinder 1 – ign Tim Adv4#1cyl
KNOCK RETARD – knk ret
Short Term Fuel Trim bank 1 – stf tri b1
Short Term Fuel Trim bank 2 – stf tri b2
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 1 – ltf tri b1
Long Term Fuel Trim bank 2 – ltf tri b2

Pleas ONLY Select the PIDs Listed, Extra PIDs Slow Down Datalogging and give me useless information.

Names can vary from computer to computer but you get the Idea.

Go find a open road somewhere, 1/2 mile or so long would be great, from a stop drive the car 1/4 throttle up through the gears normally shifting at about 4500 RPM.

Then repeat at about 1/2 throttle to 5500 RPM Speeding is not recommended or necessary 1st and 2nd gear are fine if you do not have the room.

Stop, and Save Datalog As, to your desktop.

Email me the log file along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, and list of performance modifications.

PLEASE RE: READ THIS STEP, I CAN NOT REFINE YOUR TUNE WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION.

If you have other questions about SCT this is the entire FAQ section http://www.sctflash.com/support/inde...goryid=3&nav=0

REMEMBER WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR PARTS FROM ME CUSTOM TUNES FOR THOSE PARTS ARE FREE.

Ted.
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #158
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by K32 Camaro View Post
The datalog PIDs in this write up are different than the one you emailed me. I was basing my information off of this, which is the reason for the wrong selected pids. Are they different based on different setups?

Just a few are changed out.
You want specifically kph rather than mph logged then?
Somehow you dug up an Old Thread, Please Refer to Tune instructions Revision 6
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #159
lostnewyorker

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS
Janetty tune awesome my car is a alive its runs like a dream thank you!!!
lostnewyorker is offline   Reply With Quote