Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #533
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
So has anybody found any options (other than the eBay guy) for coil brackets? I thought I had some lined up - but it does not appear to be working out, and I am getting tired of waiting..
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #534
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Indy, I think Vengeance was putting a kit together. Kilo-9 used a different style but didn't like that they needed two screws. Have you decided on mounting location yet?

Here is another option, just pricier: http://www.jcgrestorationandcustoms.com/parts/ Chris is a friend of my Dad. If you call him, mention "Al"

Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #535
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by The LSX Dr. View Post
I also added a 3rd electric fan in front of the condenser.
Too many fans and you constrict the air flow. I personally am curious why you put a fan in front of anything as the air will be constricted due to a fan in the way of rushing air.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #536
FurySS
Furious Shine

OK - thanks (I was actually hoping for less expensive than the eBay guy lol)! I think I am leaning towards the frame rails where I can just drill and use a self tapping screw. In the fenderwell is kind of neat, but I don't want to have to weld and that could be a pain if you need to get to them...

I actually just finished painting the engine bay last night the best I could with everything masked off, much better! I will post some pics today
Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #537
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
I have access to a machine shop and so if one of you can get all the dimensions of the coils and an idea of what you want (or just the dimensions and we can work on an idea) i may be able to make it. The only CNC equipment i have is a waterjet, but i do have a conventional mill and lathe

Let me know

P.S. i also have a powder coating gun and oven to finish the parts as well
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #538
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
I almost hate to follow up those awesome and beautiful radiator pics with this....

But...
I get a lot of questions on how I moved my ABS module. Especially from Nathan !! LOL

Please excuse the “Down and Dirty” way I did this.

And for the record…I replaced the kinked brake line in the second pic and cleaned up everything and it looks much nicer now…But I just haven’t found the time to remove the tire and inner fender to take new pics of how much better it looks now.

The wiring harness had to be extended 36” if I remember correctly ( sorry but its been over a year since I did this)

Never had a problem since I moved it..no ABS light on the dash..no strange braking…nothing at all..you would never know it was moved.

Now if I could just get motivated to move the fusebox into the trunk..LOL

Here are a couple of pics.

In the first pic you can see the factory bracket from the ABS that I welded in place, and you can also see the seam that i cut and rewelded to make room for the brake lines to pass through.

Second pic is how it looked once I loosely assembled it all....I later removed everything and painted and replaced some of the brake lines I kinked.

Attached Images

SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #539
FurySS
Furious Shine

I took advantage of WAY above normal 80 degree temps here in IN (and low humidity) to repaint the engine compartment. All done with spray cans from AutomotivetouchUp.com!

I scuffed it with gray scotchbrite wiped it down with lacquer thinner, shot 3 coats of base & 3 coats of clear. You might notice I also removed & repainted the shroud for the hood latch IOM as well (had to prime that first). Got down to the frame rails best I could without removing the engine lol! Considering I barely had 1 coat of paint with no clear from the factory, this is a HUGE improvement!
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #540
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #541
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Really nice job!
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #542
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Makes it hard on us regular guys.....great job guys.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #543
Moreno1

Wow Indy, very nice!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #544
blackonblacksls

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
The red can is my coolant expansion tank.

blackonblacksls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #545
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Lookin good Indy!

Nathan, after seeing EZSPEED's setup, I'm confident it would be simpler for you to do something similar to that if keeping the engine in the car. There is definitely a lot more wiggle room to bend and form the brake lines.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #546
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblacksls View Post
The red can is my coolant expansion tank.

Thanks, Where are you running the line too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
I have access to a machine shop and so if one of you can get all the dimensions of the coils and an idea of what you want (or just the dimensions and we can work on an idea) i may be able to make it. The only CNC equipment i have is a waterjet, but i do have a conventional mill and lathe

Let me know

P.S. i also have a powder coating gun and oven to finish the parts as well
Rockin you definitely have some resources. Thanks for offering! That whats make this community such a great place . I might have to take you up on that offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
I almost hate to follow up those awesome and beautiful radiator pics with this....

But...
I get a lot of questions on how I moved my ABS module. Especially from Nathan !! LOL

You know I'm going to have more question for you, LOL.

Please excuse the “Down and Dirty” way I did this.

And for the record…I replaced the kinked brake line in the second pic and cleaned up everything and it looks much nicer now…But I just haven’t found the time to remove the tire and inner fender to take new pics of how much better it looks now.

The wiring harness had to be extended 36” if I remember correctly ( sorry but its been over a year since I did this)

Did you splice the harness? I'm going to call Casper electronics to see if they can make us an extension.

Never had a problem since I moved it..no ABS light on the dash..no strange braking…nothing at all..you would never know it was moved.

Now if I could just get motivated to move the fusebox into the trunk..LOL

I can't wait to you tackle it. As soon as you start, I will do mine with you.

Here are a couple of pics.

In the first pic you can see the factory bracket from the ABS that I welded in place, and you can also see the seam that i cut and rewelded to make room for the brake lines to pass through.

Second pic is how it looked once I loosely assembled it all....I later removed everything and painted and replaced some of the brake lines I kinked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Lookin good Indy!

Nathan, after seeing EZSPEED's setup, I'm confident it would be simpler for you to do something similar to that if keeping the engine in the car. There is definitely a lot more wiggle room to bend and form the brake lines.
Kyle, just read your e-mail......THANKS bro, just know that when you get out here, you'll always have a place to crash.

Thanks again guys for all the help! I think I said this before but I'll say it again, I really love the direction the tread has taken. My initial vision for creating this tread was so that we can all help each other by sharing experiences, ideas, etc so that others could save time, money and avoid making mistakes, etc ......And this is what it's become, a community project. So thanks again to all for making this a reality. I love this community! Time for a group huge

Last edited by Moreno1; 03-15-2012 at 10:07 AM.