Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 08-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #29
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Not Nashvile native but if we make it state wide I'm game! Had my baby 3 months now and love her! I'm even got my Tenn. Colors IOM with white stripes! Go Vols!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #30
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBLBEE View Post
I have an e-mail set up for those that wish to start a middle TN. generation club. It's at midtngen5@yahoo.com I am also in the process of setting up a Facebook page for us. Having problems with the name but will have it worked out soon. I wanted MidTNgen5 on Facebook but it won't accept the name and the administrator is working on it. I'll be at the Murfreesboro cruise-in tonight if anyone wants to come!
It was nice meeting you last night. Good luck with getting a local group/club together.

garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #31
SECjunky
Penelope is here!

Drives: 2010 2SS Black
shooting you an email !! thanksss
Old 08-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #32
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
looks like we only have 1 racer in this thread...

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #33
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CAMARO7 View Post
looks like we only have 1 racer in this thread...
What makes you think that?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #34
Looking Good in Red

Drives: Pewter 2000 T/A
Send a message via AIM to Looking Good in Red
Aww, come on guys. Leaving out the gen 4s?
We are just the older brother.
Anyways, I'm representing the little town of Thompsons Station, 15 minutes south of Franklin.
So far, I've only seen a Red Jewel, a Black, and a Rally Yellow. I'd love to see more though.
I have a buddy with another 4th gen that I know would go with me to a few shows/meets.
Looking Good in Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #35
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #36
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
guys, i welcome any camaro to any of the sites we go to.
4th gen, 1st gen, it doesn't matter....
point is, we all enjoy ownership and pride in our cars...
I sat last night and thought of how lucky i was to own several different years of camaros. i have had a 68,69,73,75,95,98 and now the 2010 camaro.
I've met a lot of nice people on here and got to talk to a lot of folks about our passion for the car. I don't think anyone should look down on anyone who doesn't own the new 5th gen car. I still love the 1st gens, but i absolutely love my new car. I live in Maryville, Tn and would love to get an east tn group of guys that can hang out and just share our passion of the car.
I am married with a great wife and son, i just turned 40 in July and for the 1st time in many years, i feel fairly young again. Guys, don't forget, we're only here for a little while, so enjoy the ride and be humble when u go out in your rides.............we're lucky to have 'em....
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #37
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
I mentioned racing and NO ONE responded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by light-my-firebyrd View Post
guys, i welcome any camaro to any of the sites we go to.
4th gen, 1st gen, it doesn't matter....
point is, we all enjoy ownership and pride in our cars...
I sat last night and thought of how lucky i was to own several different years of camaros. i have had a 68,69,73,75,95,98 and now the 2010 camaro.
I've met a lot of nice people on here and got to talk to a lot of folks about our passion for the car. I don't think anyone should look down on anyone who doesn't own the new 5th gen car. I still love the 1st gens, but i absolutely love my new car. I live in Maryville, Tn and would love to get an east tn group of guys that can hang out and just share our passion of the car.
I am married with a great wife and son, i just turned 40 in July and for the 1st time in many years, i feel fairly young again. Guys, don't forget, we're only here for a little while, so enjoy the ride and be humble when u go out in your rides.............we're lucky to have 'em....
Yea to me it is starting to look like the 5th gen owners (99.999%) of them are elitists. It feels like most of them feel as though their car fell out of the sky and has no relation to the other generations. You can tell most of the people on this site JUST got into cars and the Camaro is it for them. They barely know how to check their oil. They seem to mostly ONLY meet up with other 5th gen owners. And think about it... FOR WHAT? The only thing those people have in common with each other is that they own the same damn car with maybe different paint. Its kinda like some owners who say they only wave at other ls1 owners but if its a 6 they won't wave on the road. I just think some stuff people do is stupid. I'm the type of person who can be cool with almost anyone. I don't care if you drive a busted ass civic or a Bugatti Veyron. If you're cool, then you're cool. If you're not cool, don't worry I'll stay away from you.

I don't get off standing in a parking lot talking about cars anymore. I prefer driving and racing anyway.

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #38
Vladamire

Drives: 1977 & 2010 Camaros
I’m in for the car club. I only live an hour from Nashville in Clarksville and my wife works up there so it wouldn’t be that long of a drive. Mine should be here in the next couple of weeks i got a TPW of 8/31. Anyone know about how long after it’s built it takes to get delivered in our area. I’m coming home on leave from the desert the same week it gets built and am hoping to take delivery before I have to go back. If not I’m sure the wife will have fun driving it around getting it broken in for me.
3000, Order accepted by production control Aug 6 TPW Aug 31
3300, Order scheduled for production Aug 21
3400, Order broadcast 26 Aug
3800, Order produced 3 Sep VIN # 43712
4000, Available to Ship 4 Sep
4200, Shipped 8 Sep
5000, Delivered to the dealer 18 Sep,
6000, Delivered to the customer 28 Oct
Vladamire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #39
BMBLBEE
What a sweet ride!

Drives: Drives a sweet 2010 2SS RY 6mn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CAMARO7 View Post
I mentioned racing and NO ONE responded.
Yea to me it is starting to look like the 5th gen owners (99.999%) of them are elitists. It feels like most of them feel as though their car fell out of the sky and has no relation to the other generations. You can tell most of the people on this site JUST got into cars and the Camaro is it for them. They barely know how to check their oil. They seem to mostly ONLY meet up with other 5th gen owners. And think about it... FOR WHAT? The only thing those people have in common with each other is that they own the same damn car with maybe different paint. Its kinda like some owners who say they only wave at other ls1 owners but if its a 6 they won't wave on the road. I just think some stuff people do is stupid. I'm the type of person who can be cool with almost anyone. I don't care if you drive a busted ass civic or a Bugatti Veyron. If you're cool, then you're cool. If you're not cool, don't worry I'll stay away from you.

I don't get off standing in a parking lot talking about cars anymore. I prefer driving and racing anyway.
Not hardly "elitists"... In fact most of the owners of 5th gens have owned Camaros in the past. I just sold my restored and "BUILT" (by myself) 4th gen Z28 to buy this car. I have owned several Camaros in the past and have waited for years for this one to finally come out. I only want to start a 5th gen club to be able to get ideas from other owners as this car is so new and has many unanswered questions and mods that a group like this would be very helpful! Did not want to offend other gens. owners and did not mean only gen5s can get together. But a local forum with people with a commonality just makes sense! You know, there is a club for all F-bodies in middle TN, MTFBA so why would we start a club that would compete with them???

I have drag raced every one of my Camaro's in the past and as recently as last season with my 4th gen. Just not ready to put this machine on the track yet.. The majority of the 5th gen owners are 45 years old and up and may be past wanting to race theirs every week. This is a pretty big investment for us and maybe not everyone is ready to race them. Mine will see the track one day, but not now! For you to say we are elitists and most of us "just got into cars" is totally untrue!
Did you just get your feelings hurt that no one took you up on the offer of a race. Hell, most of these guys are still waiting for their cars. And the ones that do have their cars are probably a little more mature...
Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #40
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
the first SS i saw back in may was in mt juliet. the guy brought it to the cruise-in & almost seemed surprised and annoyed that everybody would be asking about his car. he was pretty short with everybody & from what he did say, he obviously didn't really know much about it. he even tried to argue that it had the RS package (that's what his dealer told him, so it had to be true) when it obviously didn't & i told him so by explaining what the differences were.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #41
STYLER

Drives: 2LT/RS/IOM/WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dduncan13 View Post
Well Ive ordered mine from Serra in Jackson and gettin allocations is not a problem there... theyre flying through them as well... One was ordered about two weeks before me and its already been delivered..however im just upset that theyre not informing me about anything at all... i have no clue if what is happening. Im only 23 years old and they probably arent taking me serious ha... anyways im just wanted to be informed every couple of weeks but they arent doing a thing
I THOUGHT YOU ORDERED FROM WHERE I DID AND WAS THE ONE BEHIND ME??? AM I MISTAKEN?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #42
STYLER

Drives: 2LT/RS/IOM/WHITE
I WOULD LIKE TO GET TOGETHER ALSO. SUPPOSE TO HAVE MINE BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER. SO WHO EVER GETS IT TOGETHER WOULD YOU LET ME KNOW????