Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #127
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Bunny, now is that comparison graph from a completely stock car? I do know from my experience and from what I been seeing the dynojet 248x which ARD use seem to dyno a little lower then the smaller or newer dynojet models. 248x is consistent but they seem to dyno stock v6 camaros consistently lower then usual, between 230-240. Rolnslo and another member here also have dynoed at ARD and got a consistent stock number in the 230's, but what I don't get is the gain you got. I think you should have gotten way more then that unless there was some type of minor tweaking issue from the first time you was there to this latest time. Either way, the gain does seem very low if in fact the first graph is from a complete stock.

This is my dyno on the same 248x with long tube header but with no cats, full exhaust, vince's tune, and with factory intake.
No that was not stock - well Airaid V2 and MRT V2. Just pre-headesr. It does seem like a low gain indeed. And I'm just stumped.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #128
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
No that was not stock - well Airaid V2 and MRT V2. Just pre-headesr. It does seem like a low gain indeed. And I'm just stumped.
Oh..ok, so the first dyno was with airaid v2 intake and exhaust. I know when mods are added up you are not going to see if you was to dyno with just header only for an example, but overall it does seem a little low.

This is my run on the same 248x with header, no cats, exhaust, tune, but with factory intake. So if you take out the tune I guess it would look similar.
Attached Images

bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #129
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Oh..ok, so the first dyno was with airaid v2 intake and exhaust. I know when mods are added up you are not going to see if you was to dyno with just header only for an example, but overall it does seem a little low.

This is my run on the same 248x with header, no cats, exhaust, tune, but with factory intake. So if you take out the tune I guess it would look similar.
Once I get my tune all done the way I want maybe I will dyno again and see if there is a change.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #130
bmorecam
Account Suspended

On a 248x, I think around 250ish to 265ish rwhp is the norm for the usual long tube, intake, tune, and exhaust on our v6 camaro, but just remember that dyno numbers does not always equate to the actual power of your car but I'm sure you already know that.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #131
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
On a 248x, I think around 250ish to 265ish rwhp is the norm for the usual long tube, intake, tune, and exhaust on our v6 camaro, but just remember that dyno numbers does not always equate to the actual power of your car but I'm sure you already know that.
Yeah. I was hoping for 250s at least and I mean I'm close its just weird that there was no torque gain at all. Vince said he is looking at my data log so we will see.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #132
TexasCamaro5
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Yeah I know Vince had me datalog after each tweak he did to the tune he gave me to get it right for my configuration but he got it nailed down after one revision and just had me datalog to make sure everything was the way it was suppose to be.
TexasCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #133
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
You dynoed that ported intake yet? I haven't seen anything on it yet.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #134
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
You dynoed that ported intake yet? I haven't seen anything on it yet.
where have you been lol?

http://camaro5.com/forums/showpost.p...&postcount=202
Old 11-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #135
jeff4946

Quote:
Bahamas! I hadn't even seen that thread.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #136
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Bahamas! I hadn't even seen that thread.
I would have switched places with you anyday! I'm sure you had lots of fun

Went in with my AFR in the 11's and with ecm pulling 11-12 degrees of timing pass 4k rpm to redline so I definitely lost some power. I plan to go back once I get a few things straighten out. I was very impressed to still see solid gains.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #137
jeff4946

Quote:
I would have switched places with you anyday! I'm sure you had lots of fun

Went in with my AFR in the 11's and with ecm pulling 11-12 degrees of timing pass 4k rpm to redline so I definitely lost some power. I plan to go back once I get a few things straighten out. I was very impressed to still see solid gains.
Wow! I haven't read the whole thread. Was that just from the intake, or intake and insulator? And did you say LOST some power?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #138
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Wow! I haven't read the whole thread. Was that just from the intake, or intake and insulator? And did you say LOST some power?
I was not able to get an update to fix the AFR and timing until after the dyno so I went in with 11-12* timing pulled up top and my AFR in the high 11's.

I can't say where the majority of the power came from since the graph does not have a single footprint from mace's advertised 10% tq gain. As far as I know it could have been from the combination of both.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #139
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Just wanted to make a little comment conerning the BBK headers that Badgebunny just had installed. I've seen several dynos with these installed now with gains from 10 to 20 at peak...and usually a TQ gain as well. I'm sure they perform equally as well as the other LT headers out there.

But I can understand your dissapointment in the numbers....it looks as though you gained TQ in the higher RPMs, but not peak TQ. I'm really suprised there wasn't a TQ gain in the lower RPMs.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:23 AM   #140
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Just wanted to make a little comment conerning the BBK headers that Badgebunny just had installed. I've seen several dynos with these installed now with gains from 10 to 20 at peak...and usually a TQ gain as well. I'm sure they perform equally as well as the other LT headers out there.

But I can understand your dissapointment in the numbers....it looks as though you gained TQ in the higher RPMs, but not peak TQ. I'm really suprised there wasn't a TQ gain in the lower RPMs.
I know thats why I'm like what the hell? Why did I get jipped?!