Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #57
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
...Just got this video link from Fitz, ...so I'll post here.
...worth listening to.

KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #58
KevinK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalefj View Post
When you are at these meetings do you discuss small changes that could be made from one model year to the next (such as a passenger seat that isnt so low, paint chipping from the back spoiler, things that are easily fixed with small additions to the car) in addition to the big things like color or should there be a firebird or how good is our convertible.

Obviously you cant give away very much information but I think that a session like this would be a great way to inform GM of the little problems or quirks if you will in the camaro that are only revealed after miles driven and years owned. Obviously GM isnt about to go and shrink the C-pillars for better visibility but it would be very reasonable and feasible to make small changes to fix the little quirks.

But you all deserve a for helping out the camaro community like this
Pretty much yes to what you've mentioned above. Some of those items very specifically were brought up, ...AND are being addressed. The interest and committment they have to improving the car is incredible. As well, ...you would be AMAZED at the attention that 'problem' issues are given, ...the detailed review of ANY issue with the car. All of this is discussed...
Old 09-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #59
KevinK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoGM View Post
...Kevin I have one ask, at some point I would love to hear the conversations you had that can not be revealed now but once the product is out can be. How decisions were reached, why the engineers did what they did and why. And, how your input was used.
Thanks
great question!, ...and one (you have NO idea on how much) we would love to ellaborate on.
We joked with Scott about this on 'one of the items' that came up. IF people knew the extent of some of the changes, ...and level of determinatoin by these engineers to make this car better than the competition, ...you would simply be amazed.
The fact that there IS a focus group, ...AND to know they are listening (ie. HUD), ...
Hopefully Scott will have all this in the book he writes (as we all joke with him about...)
Old 09-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #60
illiceman

Drives: 2012 ZL 1
Z 28 YES

LET ME SEE.YOU DROVE A GRAND SPORT,A CTSV WHICH COULD EQUAL A Z=28
CAMARO.gRANDSPORT HANDLING WITH CTS-V POWER.
illiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #61
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I may be wrong but I have not seen any others do this. Sure they may have a few well known people Like Shelby, Roush etc... say a word or two, but to actually have common everyday folks be a part of this ( This is not meant to be a slight) is absolutely amazing.

I.

To my knowledge, no one else does. Yes - -everyone does 'focus groups' - but the disciples go far beyond a focus group. I felt very strongly way back in the late 90s that when we started to work on the next car that we absolutely had to involve representatives of the Camaro and Firebird Communities. -- and we added Corvette as well. Fitz and Cheryl and I feel very strongly that the enthusiast community is an invaluable asset. It's beyond me that other manufacturers tend to ignore this treasure trove of ideas and thoughts and passions.

As I said - each of the disciples was picked for a reason.......and we (I think I can speak for the entire team when I say this..) could not be happier with them.

(......and they DO have some VERY strong opinions and feelings about this 'hallowed' nameplate!)

Old 09-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #62
2010victoryredss_ron
Born: August 27, 2009

Drives: 10CAMARO SS,12CRUZE RS,07 YAM R6
Send a message via MSN to 2010victoryredss_ron
so where do i sign up to be on the disciples list????? that would have been very interesting get together....darn..i missed out again..
Old 09-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #63
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
I have been following Jason Debler via camaroz28.com's podcast for years as I owned asecond gen Camaro previous to this G5 Camaro. Him and Chris Frezzeta are truly hardcore Camaro afficionados and Jason can most certainly add to this group's credentials.

eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #64
KevinK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver View Post
I have been following Jason Debler via camaroz28.com's podcast for years as I owned asecond gen Camaro previous to this G5 Camaro. Him and Chris Frezzeta are truly hardcore Camaro afficionados and Jason can most certainly add to this group's credentials.

eB
Each and every one of us 'Disciples' knows we are SO blessed to have been selected for this unique and surely unforgettable opportunity. I know without a doubt I speak for all of us when I say that.

What's important to note here is that we are the messengers.......
The input and feedback we provide to the Camaro Team comes through us from YOU. The comments and suggestions (Good AND bad) we bring forth are the voice of the entire community not simply ours alone. THAT ultimately is a responsibility we have to you, ...AND to the Team...
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #65
jhorne
CAMAROSRULE!

Drives: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z T-TOP 5.7L BLACK
Camaro Disciples

I would like to know how many Camaro's each of these "Disciples" have owned? My first car at 16 was a 1978 Z. I have always owned a Camaro
since I was 16 and am now 42. I have personally owned seven
Camaro's from all from 1978-1995 and have driven all the models from 1967-2013. I am have been selling new Chevrolets since 1994 to present.
The new Camaro needs to have Houndstooth interior, hideaway headlamp
option with RS package and different wheel package for each model. The LT V6 should not share the same wheels as any SS. The SS needs to have much cooler wheels. Check out the Mustang V8 wheel options!
A much brighter Orange is needed. Inferno Orange is too dark and dull.
How about the Topaz blue that is one the Cruze and Truck models. Where
is the Dark Green for heaven sake? The Mean Green is legendary on classic Camaro's with Black or white stripes. Make an affordable low option
Z/28 just like in 67-69 for us who really don't care about all these funky gadgets and want horsepower and handling and could care less about Onstar and Navigation. Put some cool badging and bigger rear decklid spoilers and hood scoops for us 40 somethings who like the Juvenile look!

Respectfully
Jeff Horne
jhorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #66
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhorne View Post
I would like to know how many Camaro's each of these "Disciples" have owned?
Camaros currently owned:
  • 1967 6-cyl Camaro Convertible (currently for sale $25k)
  • 1968 V8 Camaro Convertible
  • 1968 LS1 Camaro Coupe
  • 1983 Camaro Coupe (a shell for a Chump Car?)
  • 1999 Camaro SS Convertible #69
  • 4th Gen Body in White

We also have:
  • 1967 Chevelle Wagon with a 502 in it
  • 1968 Chevelle Malibu (I've owned it since 1982. It was my first car at 16 years old. Purchased new by my aunt & uncle so I have all the paperwork, etc.)
  • 2002 Supercharged Corvette Z06

Camaros we've owned, but are now loved by someone else:
  • 1967 RS Convertible
  • 1969 V8 Camaro RS Coupe
  • 1972 Camaro Z28
  • 1990 5.7 IROC Coupe
  • 1998 SLP Engineering Development Camaro #12
  • 2010 Camaro SS Coupe

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote