Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #71
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Hey! That's what she said......
haha!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #72
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
I have a question about gmconnects, I keep checking and the status hasn't changed but my question has to do with the date at the bottom. It says last checked 3-27-12. Anyone else having the same issue? Usually it shows the current date, as in today
We have found that many of the Zl1 guys had actually entered the wrong state for their dealer when registering. Thus they end up getting spit out of the automatic updates and sent over for the manual updates which are done about every 4 or 5 days. Yours is one of these. I just discovered this issue this morning on another one that we could not figure out why it was not updated automatically. I have been trying to get hold of our IT guy and see how and if we can manually go in and make the corrections to this input error.
If not it will still be updated but it is updated manually and less frequently due to the volume. Eric manually updates over 450 cars each time and the system limits him to checking only 20 at a time. So its hours every time he updates them. Hopefully at some point in the future GM will provide all data to us automatically but I doubt if they will provide the data without a security check such as the dealer state code. In fact they use the same security descriptor on their own tracking site at chevrolet.com ordertracking.

Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #73
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Hey! That's what he said......
What? Bahahahahaahaha
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 04-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #74
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
We have found that many of the Zl1 guys had actually entered the wrong state for their dealer when registering. Thus they end up getting spit out of the automatic updates and sent over for the manual updates which are done about every 4 or 5 days. Yours is one of these. I just discovered this issue this morning on another one that we could not figure out why it was not updated automatically. I have been trying to get hold of our IT guy and see how and if we can manually go in and make the corrections to this input error.
If not it will still be updated but it is updated manually and less frequently due to the volume. Eric manually updates over 450 cars each time and the system limits him to checking only 20 at a time. So its hours every time he updates them. Hopefully at some point in the future GM will provide all data to us automatically but I doubt if they will provide the data without a security check such as the dealer state code. In fact they use the same security descriptor on their own tracking site at chevrolet.com ordertracking.

Larry
Hm, thanks for the info. I'm fairly sure the information I had put in was correct. All my statuses were fine since early February up to now. Either way thanks, hopefully I'll get the updates every so often.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #75
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL.. I looked back at my post and thought it was a bit negative..
Haha I didnt see it as negative lol haha(:
Old 04-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #76
Drake Heminger

Quote:
What? Bahahahahaahaha
what you didnt hear? she wouldnt stop talking about it! lol haha
Old 04-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #77
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
what you didnt hear? she wouldnt stop talking about it! lol haha
No go back and read his quote above my comment... I think he missed the s from she and referred to HE...lol In context I just thought it was humorous.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #78
2010 SS RS

see... just playing with my bro...lol
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #79
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Hm, thanks for the info. I'm fairly sure the information I had put in was correct. All my statuses were fine since early February up to now. Either way thanks, hopefully I'll get the updates every so often.
No you entered TX in the registration form but your Dealer is in NM so the security descriptor does not match for us to get automatic data. You have always been updated manually in our system just probably did not notice.

You are not alone.. I see this very same situation in about a dozen ZL1's right now. A lot of buyers live in different states than where they ordered from made the same simple mistake. I guess we need to make the dealer state request blink in neon or something...lol

Larry
Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #80
rrubio

Quote:
No you entered TX in the registration form but your Dealer is in NM so the security descriptor does not match for us to get automatic data. You have always been updated manually in our system just probably did not notice.

You are not alone.. I see this very same situation in about a dozen ZL1's right now. A lot of buyers live in different states than where they ordered from made the same simple mistake. I guess we need to make the dealer state request blink in neon or something...lol

Larry
i had an order in texas since december, but after it didnt move from 1102 status, that order was cancelled and i had another one in new mexico, which is the one i'm tracking right now. if i try looking up my status with my email address, it'll bring up both orders, the cancelled one at 0000 and the current one at 3000. you think that messed up the system?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #81
Drake Heminger

Quote:
see... just playing with my bro...lol
OMG YES!!! LOL haha!!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #82
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
i had an order in texas since december, but after it didnt move from 1102 status, that order was cancelled and i had another one in new mexico, which is the one i'm tracking right now. if i try looking up my status with my email address, it'll bring up both orders, the cancelled one at 0000 and the current one at 3000. you think that messed up the system?

Sorry Rubio, I hate to say it but, now that the system is messed up
your probably not even gonna get a

ZL1!!! Lol..

CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #83
rrubio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
Sorry Rubio, I hate to say it but, now that the system is messed up
your probably not even gonna get a

ZL1!!! Lol..