Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #99
Johnnie Mac

Drives: N/A
Dusk Ordering

I tried to go into my local dealer today and order a Dusk Camaro but the system would not push it through. Said they would have to get with their rep Monday and try and work it. I did notice this site was updated the other day with the new DUSK options.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...&page=&butID=1
Johnnie Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #100
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie Mac View Post
I tried to go into my local dealer today and order a Dusk Camaro but the system would not push it through. Said they would have to get with their rep Monday and try and work it. I did notice this site was updated the other day with the new DUSK options.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...&page=&butID=1
Depends on how they were trying to do it.

Price: TBD (will include cost of RS Package)
• Available for ordering starting Sat, July 7 through Quick Order & Thurs, July 12, through Order Workbench Configurator

Sometimes they need a little guidance.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #101
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing View Post
We have a 2013 Corvette here in that color, there is a lot of pearl in it, so it shifts a little depending on lighting, in full sun it really sparkles.
Can you post some pictures? (please)
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #102
H0peful1

Drives: --
I wonder if the tonneau for the vert w/b blue. Anyone seen anything about a rear diffuser? It wasn't referenced in the initial info release.

Hope someone will post the hero card once it's out this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
I was refering to interior bezels. Its a matter of opinion, but I find the silver paint GM uses inside the Camaro looks like a rattle can, pep boys special silver hue.

Heres the Dusk interior bezels I was referring to. The finish is matte chrome, which is a plated finish that looks like a brushed stainless or aluminum.

Good catch on these. Hadn't noticed the difference before, but I like it.

New pix are always good, but if you do a forum search on Sema Dusk or Blue Ray Metallic, you'll find some pix. Maybe we need a Dusk pix consolidation thread in the Pix sub forum?? Just a thought...
H0peful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #103
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0peful1 View Post
I wonder if the tonneau for the vert w/b blue. Anyone seen anything about a rear diffuser? It wasn't referenced in the initial info release.

Hope someone will post the hero card once it's out this week.

Good catch on these. Hadn't noticed the difference before, but I like it.

New pix are always good, but if you do a forum search on Sema Dusk or Blue Ray Metallic, you'll find some pix. Maybe we need a Dusk pix consolidation thread in the Pix sub forum?? Just a thought...
So, no leather on the dash on the passenger side? Some folks are having dash pad bubble issues with that trim piece, and it's missing in this photo...
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #104
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawk823 View Post
So, no leather on the dash on the passenger side? Some folks are having dash pad bubble issues with that trim piece, and it's missing in this photo...

Those photos are from the prototype which was out way before the dash changes. I seem to recall the photos are from 2010 or 2011, but I don't know for sure. So basically any interior/exterior changes since then won't be present in the photos. For example, the radio.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #105
H0peful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawk823 View Post
Idk. Pic is of Dusk concept at Sema that someone else posted. Per the OP,

Quote:
Original 2010 SEMA Concept Model shown – Actual production model varies.
Not sure how much or what varies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The dash will also have the beige on the soft touch area so the interior should really pop.
Per this post & OP, there'll also be a Mojave I/P insert, but I'm not sure where, in relation to the bubbling issue.

Maybe the Hero Card will have some interior pix??
Old 07-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #106
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0peful1 View Post

Not sure how much or what varies.
The SEMA concept car was a 2011 model that had the old I.P. Obviously the 2013 model will have the leather insert.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #107
H0peful1

^^what happens when you don't fully read the post you're responding to. Per GM, it's a 2010. And the dash bubbling issues have been under the center vents. Link Do you know where the Mojave inserts will/won't be/whether it's still an issue in 2013? That's the question.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #108
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
^^Read your own responses before criticizing. Everyone knows where the insert will be. Here's an example of the beige interior. Wherever you see beige on the I.P., you'll see mohave. The plastic strip will be Dusk Blue:

Old 07-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #109
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
This is good news.....I like this front splitter better than any others I've seen . I hope the part number shows up in the system soon .
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #110
H0peful1

Your post was inaccurate. It's a 2010, per GM. And I think you mean Blue Ray Metallic.

"Obviously", "everyone" does not know, or the question wouldn't have come up.

And there are no interior pics of the 2013 Dusk Special Edition, yet. Good pic. Thx for posting. That prob is where the Mojave w/b, but when someone posts "obviously" or "everyone", logic dictates skepticism (esp if other info is in error). The Mojave seats are full Mojave color, as opposed to the beige seats, which are black & beige. The beige has black door armrests. The Dusk Concept has Mojave armrests. The current Mojave interior option and Dusk SE write-ups that I've seen refer only to armrest stitching, but not whether the armrest w/b Mojave. (Hope so!) As you pointed out, the I/P plastic strip here is beige, but w/b BRM in the Dusk SE. Same with the door panels. So we know there are differences between the beige and the Dusk SE interior. So the dash may well resemble the beige (esp given factory assembly procedures) but it's not a 100% certainty.

Prev posts indicate the Mojave may be a higher grade leather. If so, that may address the bubbling?? Or GM may have already addressed it in all the 2013s.

Last edited by H0peful1; 07-08-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #111
H0peful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
This is good news.....I like this front splitter better than any others I've seen . I hope the part number shows up in the system soon .
+1. I liked the GM ground fx, but the splitter, less so. Def improvement.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #112
Firerader

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary/Hennessey
What color is mojave?