Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #57
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Highlighting in red allows anyone reading to understand why a comment is being made on a previous post.

Apparently your not quite so young as you refer to someone derogatorily as boy. Well, I'm not so young either and I'm definately not your "boy".
If you didn't care why the reply? And, thanks for schooling me on the Z/28 being a package and not just an engine upgrade.

Back on topic; I'm looking for GM to continue with their "Value" push. Just look at the performance per dollar of a stripped SS/1 Vs. a stripped GT. (Don't get me wrong I like the Mustang and if I could afford it as you I would own both and even a Challenger to boot.) This encourages me to believe they would price it quite competitively. Add to that the probability of 2 levels of optioning (ie. SS/1 & SS/2) and I believe it could very possibly "start" below $45K.

In closing, I agree it will be sweet!
You are forgetting that a 1SS is about $3k more expensive to a base mustang GT, The 2SS is $3k more expensive than a Mustang GT premium. The Base price of the GT-500 is $48k, and in 2011 the mustang is going UP IN PRICE POINT because of new powertrains. The 2011 GT-500 gets an alluminum block and will probaly go up in price aswell, So there is NO WAY Chevy is can make a Z/28 that can beat the GT-500 for under $50k. I am expecting the base price to be $50-52k. That is perfectly fine, because I am confident that chevy is going to be constantly improving the SS and V6 aswell.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote