Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #29
CTUnlimited

Drives: 2010 2LT Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
1.Yes headers really do bolt on. They are a pain in the rear to "bolt on" so if you're new to all of this and have money ivest in some headache insurance and have a reputable muffler shop install them. And no don't believe BBK's numbers. They are misleading.

2.Tough call. If you dig the sound and look then prolly best to not mess. However, headers especially long tube headers are going to make you quite a bit louder. You may want to look into a resonated or perforated X-pipe to keep it all under control soundwise.

3. I own the CAI so I'll try and refrain from fanboism. I have riden in a 2LT RS 6MT which at the time had only the Vararam intake installed. The car sounded great at WOT and the car felt strong. That said I had the same impression from my CAI intake back when I first put it on too. it was my first mod so it too was the only mod on the car. There have been fitment issues with the vararam. There are 0 fitment issues with the CAI intake.

4.As other's have mentioned it really depends on your dealer. Some are mod friendly, some are miserable bean counters. Simply keep all of your stock parts with their accompanying hardware and you should be good. Again the header swap is a pain so keep that in mind. Tip: removing the alternator is a good shortcut on the header project.

Welcome to the forum, and you won't get any V8 comments from me either. I too own the V6 for my own reasons and I feel very attatched to my car as well. I've owned a lot of really neat cars but his one for some reason has me captivated.
Thanks for the input, appreciate it! You're right I may have to have professionals do the headers if my friend cant help. So I guess I've determined that wednesday I will be ordering the CAI Inc. intake and the OBX headers. So can anyone else think of any simple performance mods I'm missing?
CTUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #30
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
If you plan on keeping the car for more than a few years, I'd get a catch can to keep the oil vapor from getting into the cylinders.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #31
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
+1 on the catch can.
I would also look into a V-Max ported throttle body. Both the catch can and T-body can be had from RXperformance (Tracy) from this forum.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #32
CTUnlimited

Great to know! I want to keep the car for the long haul so i will definitely get the catch can. Could you tell me more what a ported throttle body is/does? Also, would this cause any more possible warranty issues than the already discussed mods? And could I revert back?

Last edited by CTUnlimited; 08-22-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #33
BSR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTUnlimited View Post
Great to know! I want to keep the car for the long haul so i will definitely get the catch can. Could you tell me more what a ported throttle body is/does? Also, would this cause any more possible warranty issues than the already discussed mods? And could I revert back?
Throttle body gives improved throttle response and about 5 more HP. Plus it's only 150.00!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #34
CTUnlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
Throttle body gives improved throttle response and about 5 more HP. Plus it's only 150.00!
Sounds good to me! As long as I can always go back to 100% stock and I dont completely ruin my warranty? Thanks I'm glad you mentioned this!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #35
BSR-1

Quote:
Sounds good to me! As long as I can always go back to 100% stock and I dont completely ruin my warranty? Thanks I'm glad you mentioned this!
The T-body is a stock unit that has been ported you pay a 200.00 core deposit and then get that back when you send your stock unit back.
It would be hard for them to void your warranty because it looks exactly like the stock one.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #36
CTUnlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
The T-body is a stock unit that has been ported you pay a 200.00 core deposit and then get that back when you send your stock unit back.
It would be hard for them to void your warranty because it looks exactly like the stock one.
Perfect. Thanks again!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #37
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
So I guess I've determined that wednesday I will be ordering the CAI Inc. intake and the OBX headers.
So did you get them ordered? I want to hear the headers after you get them installed.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #38
CTUnlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
So did you get them ordered? I want to hear the headers after you get them installed.
Hey gordy! Really sorry it took me so long to get back to this ive been so busy ! But i have ordered the CAI. All the other parts (OBX headers, Vmaxx TB, RX catch can) will all be ordered for sure by the end of this week. I will post pics and videos on here and facebook as soon as its all installed!