Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Warranty almost up

So, my 2010 Camaro's 3rd birthday will be this April 23rd, and thus the end of the bumper to bumper warranty. I've got about 46,000km on it, and I really haven't had any trouble. I think I had the clutch replaced in its first year because it wouldn't pop up all the way when cold.

Anyway, are there any bulletins or things I should get checked "just in case" before the warranty is up?

Thanks in advance!
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
NFRNOSS

/me hears crickets
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Great question...I was wondering same thing. My 3 year warranty is up in may. Anybody chime in?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
my warranty was gone back in 2009, lol
Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Tune time for Pumpkin this spring, so the warranty is definately going to be up.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
I'd take it for a semi annual inspection at the dealership...normally about $150, I'm sure they be happy to bill GM for anything they can get under warranty
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
NFRNOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
I'd take it for a semi annual inspection at the dealership...normally about $150, I'm sure they be happy to bill GM for anything they can get under warranty
Oh, great idea!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
Robd
Robs SS

Drives: 2011 camaro ss synergy
If your brakes squeal and yo got the ones without weighted pads there's a tsb on them and they will replace under warranty especially if you call gm directly if dealer won't do it for you and at 400 $ for a front brake pad change and rotor turned I'd do it while you can
[COLOR=lime]my kinda going green POWER 605 RWHP powered by maggie chrome tsv 2300 supercharger,ar long tube headers high flow cats b and b exhaust ,roto fab intake ,lingenfelter cam , upgraded sc reservoir ,Comp cams
performance valve springs, Comp cams Titanium retainers,Heavy duty valve locks,MSD ignition wires, Kool Sox heat resistant heat sleeves , Larger fuel injectors, high flow fuel rails,American racing rims ,hurst short throw shifter,led footwell and grille lighting,pfadt suspension upgrades
Robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
Robd
Robs SS

Drives: 2011 camaro ss synergy
They're also known for 2 nd gear grind at high rpm shifts this is because bad blocker rings (syncros)this is what gm mechanic told me and they replaced mine free while they're in there get your clutch checked ,cleaned , or replaced if need be since its all apart already this issue drove me crazy on the drag strip , now it works great!
[COLOR=lime]my kinda going green POWER 605 RWHP powered by maggie chrome tsv 2300 supercharger,ar long tube headers high flow cats b and b exhaust ,roto fab intake ,lingenfelter cam , upgraded sc reservoir ,Comp cams
performance valve springs, Comp cams Titanium retainers,Heavy duty valve locks,MSD ignition wires, Kool Sox heat resistant heat sleeves , Larger fuel injectors, high flow fuel rails,American racing rims ,hurst short throw shifter,led footwell and grille lighting,pfadt suspension upgrades
Robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
NFRNOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robd View Post
If your brakes squeal and yo got the ones without weighted pads there's a tsb on them and they will replace under warranty especially if you call gm directly if dealer won't do it for you and at 400 $ for a front brake pad change and rotor turned I'd do it while you can
My brakes have squealed since I've got the car. I've had it in at least 2 or 3 times to different dealerships. They all tell me it's normal for performance brakes. I'll post a pic of them.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
NFRNOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robd View Post
They're also known for 2 nd gear grind at high rpm shifts this is because bad blocker rings (syncros)this is what gm mechanic told me and they replaced mine free while they're in there get your clutch checked ,cleaned , or replaced if need be since its all apart already this issue drove me crazy on the drag strip , now it works great!
Hrm, I think I've had that happen once or twice on aggresive shifting, but I'm not 100% positive if it was 2nd gear...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
NFRNOSS

Here's a pic of my brakes
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #13
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Best way to get rid of the brake squeal is to take it out a do some aggressive stops, our brakes get glazed. Normally driving like you stole it every once in a while helps. If its a good dealership they are quite happy to do as much warranty work as possible. There's lots of tsb's for out cars, you can normally find them all on Edmonds.com see if you think any apply to you and mention them when you bring them in for that semi annual. If you need a good service department I really recommend Southgate, ask for Tyler in the service department and tell him I sent you, he'll take good care of you.
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #14
NFRNOSS

Thanks melt. I went through the list on Edmonds.com, and there are a couple things that may apply to me.

I hear 5 or 6 ticks in a row coming from the rear passenger side of the car some times, especially when cold, about 5 minutes in to the drive. I'm curious if it could be PI-0137A chatter from rear of vehicle.

Also every blue moon, the service stabilitrac will come on, but goes off after a few minutes or next startup.

As for the dealership, I live in Calgary, but bought the car in Lacombe (cuz they found it for me). Service dept in Lacombe was horrible, so I haven't been back. Actually got a call back from GM cause I rated them so poorly.

I think I've brought it to CMP, but wasnt happy with them either. I've brought it to shagannapi the last couple of times and was pretty happy there.

Anyway, thanks for all the info, and once it warms up again, I'll try and book it in for that semi-annual.