Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #29
ABM 2SS

Drives: -
I also heard "the rooster crows at midnight".
Old 11-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #30
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Need a V8.....?

Not a problem.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #31
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM 2SS View Post
Some people think the 2011 model starts in January.
I think Ford is coming out with their 2011 in January and the 2012 in march... to try and keep interest up.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #32
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
OK guys this sounds ridic. There is NO WAY on earth a car manufacturer like GM would stop making the 2010 SS Models this early. Think about it for a minute.

This not a Nissan GT-R where Nissan announced that they were only gonna produce 1500 of them, but this is a sports coupe planned for the masses.

AND GM is still in a loss as of yesterday's report, do you think really think they are gonna stop making production models of their hottest selling car???? A car that some say will revive GM out of the financial trouble they are in?

This probably means Contsraints and it could also mean that they wont be making anymore 2010 SS models this year, because they are at full capacity till year end. Sounds about right, if you order a car today, you probably will have it shipped early Jan!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #33
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
If you don't like the info or believe it or want to hear it move on or don't stop.

Simple as that. I have not changed anything Conversation is all it has been never stated anything for fact only from what I would coinsider a very reliable source, a plant super.

If you can do better than that bring it on or move on to something you do care about.

Why do I keep defending someone elses statement ? I am an Idiot

I don't need this usless BS

I have revealed my source super60. Call him a liar and see what you get...

Bet he knows more than U
Actually I got to talk to Bob Lutz (I think he's more "in the know" than super60, correct me if I am wrong) but he said they were going to build 2010 models until mid-2010 AND they knew they were building "at least 100,000" but probably more as the demand rises. Maybe your friend was talking about they're building 19,000 more until the end of the year? Or maybe 19,000 2SS models but either way your info is wrong.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #34
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Super60... Where are you??

We just want it straight from the horses mouth...
Old 11-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #35
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I think Ford is coming out with their 2011 in January and the 2012 in march... to try and keep interest up.
The 2011 Mustang is going to have 315 HP in the V6 and around 425 from the V8, that's AUTOMATIC AND MANUAL, so in the automatic form both of them will be more powerful than the Automatic Camaro, just saying.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #36
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Not implying that at all...My take on what he said is...

Every car that will be a 2010 model, even if it hasn't been built yet,is sold !

Don't shoot the messenger and believe me trust the source.

I don't know if it is common knowledge or not. so, I am not revealing my source but it is from inside the four walls at Oshawa.

You can take from it what ever you want... I copied and pasted his reply as written without his name.

They just seem to have more orders than they can fill before the model year runs out.

Still taking orders just will be 2011's

Don't know when there model change happens but usually July for most cars.
Just guessing on that one....
HMMMMM.....I'd call as my local dealer has 4-6 cars on a daily basis that are FOR SALE-not sold. These aren't cancelled sold orders either as they would have names on the window stickers. I'm sure someone somewhere would love to think that every camaro going out the door is sold already...but it just isn't true. Will they sell every Camaro made for 2010? Yes...but they'll also sell every 2009 Corvette that is still on the lot. To say that every camaro for 2010 is already sold is just plain crazy.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #37
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Ok lets get something straight . I at no time said anything about V8s being SOLDOUT !!!! This carguy sends me a PM and asks a question with regards to his friend not being able to get one. Please look at my reply again .. This info about 19,000 was in the Toronto Star and made reference to how hard it was to buy a Camaro in Canada. DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH !! I do not appreciate a PM being splashed on this site with my NAME ATTACHED TO IT... We are building Camaros with both V6s & V8's and i have no idea when the model change is !!!

I'm i PISSED...... you bet i am..

Super60

Last edited by super60; 11-17-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Change of Heart....
Old 11-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #38
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
Quote:
One more Time Really....

They are still taking orders...They have 19000 sold orders in Que right now.
What? Are you saying there are 19000 sold orders in Quebec alone?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #39
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_2SS View Post
They are only up in the 50,000 production mark. My vin is 52396 and it was built 10/2009. Don't they share some production w/ the corvette for the ls3? That could also hold things back if they use the same engine plant!

**OOPS*** Sorry missed that last post. Well they were at the 50K mark in Oct, hows that.

Mine was built 10/31 VIN #63128
Old 11-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #40
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
super60 thank you sir for one bad a$$ car and dont let the newest panic set you off you guys up there have built one hell of a car
and no pm from me sir you have a job and a life again thanks for the car of my dreams

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
Old 11-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #41
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Ok lets get something straight . I at no time said anything about V8s being SOLDOUT !!!! This carguy sends me a PM and asks a question with regards to his friend not being able to get one. Please look at my reply again .. This info about 19,000 was in the Toronto Star and made reference to how hard it was to buy a Camaro in Canada. DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH !! I do not appreciate a PM being splashed on this site with my NAME ATTACHED TO IT... We are building Camaros with both V6s & V8's and i have no idea when the model change is !!! Because of this i will no longer relpy to PMs with regards to Oshawa or Camaro.... I will only contact members who i think deserve a signed litho print and will delete any requests for one .

I'm i PISSED...... you bet i am..

Super60
My Bad, People were putting words in my mouth I never posted anything but your quote to me. I was refered to you by someone who has helped in the past and didn't know it was sensative info like you said it was in the paper.

If you read my posts I NEVER put words in your mouth I only said as a matter of fact ..pasted what you said on the thread which by your own admission was in the paper. with out your name the first time.

As far as revealing your name for that I am truly sorry.

That is my bad and happened only because I was getting flamed so bad for what I believe to be true and public Knowledge.

My dealer is the one that said no more V8's for him not you. I never said that you said that. I would tell you to read my posts but I am deleting them in an effort to clean some of the mess I made up.

Unfortunately people are not reading or understanding and it is a mute point to me so it was stupid of me to make the thread...I just thought it was kinda a milestone...not really bad News.

Sorry for the Headaches I have caused you Super60 Please don't hold it against everyone else.

Its guys like you that keep us all up to speed and I don't want everyone else suffering because of my post...Which seems to have been grossly mis understood. ( And Not to smart on My part)

Again I thought it was more of a milestone to a guy that has owned at least one of every generation of Camaro.

I respect you and what you do and had no intention of causing you any problems

I will make everyone happy and get the heck outa here .

Sorry about the thread bad Judgement on my part...But I did Not put words in your mouth. I do take offense to that.

I should not have brought you into this though. Once again sorry and you have every right to be PO'd. on that issue.

Farewell, sorry and hope this smoke settles soon. Please Don't hold anything against all the other good people on this Forum because a few got under my skin.

By the way, I also posted My PM so everyone would know the context under which I asked the question and got the reply.

Sorry ...I still like the car though Kudos to Oshawa !

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #42
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Find a new dealer, because if that's what they told you -

Closed Thread

Tags
false information, rumors