Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #57
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
just the fact that he said "where did you learn that?" shows that he knew I had the right to do that.....Besides that I was compliant with the officers, so I don't see the problem
Old 03-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #58
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
I really don't understand any of this.

1st you stated that in Connecticut, tint is legal as long as its 30%. And you stated that you have it as 15%.......

2nd, you don't bother to roll down both of your windows? This is something that should have been explained to you when you first started driving.

3rd you crack your passenger side window when the Officer made clear to you to open it so the other Officer could hear.

Man, your really lucky you didn't get pulled over here in NY with that attitude.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #59
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
they were mad because I killed their power trip, it wasn't even intentional...part of my rights, I think it's crazy how many people let police take advantage of them but hey I guess I did pay the price....still I don't like how they treated me like a criminal
Your ego is so impressive. Have you invented something? CEO of a company? Solved world hunger?

No...you haven't. You haven't done anything to demand respect. You've done nothing to put on the errors you have.

So cool your jets kiddo.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #60
stt816

to "hear" all you need is a crack, what he really wanted to do was snoop in my vehicle....I know I am not "above the law" but I know I am an American citizen with rights...Yes I deserve to get the ticket, but turning all the way around to get someone with tints? that's laughable plus there is no way they "smelled weed" they said that so they had a reason to search my vehicle.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #61
stt816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Your ego is so impressive. Have you invented something? CEO of a company? Solved world hunger?

No...you haven't. You haven't done anything to demand respect. You've done nothing to put on the errors you have.

So cool your jets kiddo.

lol chill gramps
Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #62
Swacer

Quote:
to "hear" all you need is a crack, what he really wanted to do was snoop in my vehicle....I know I am not "above the law" but I know I am an American citizen with rights...Yes I deserve to get the ticket, but turning all the way around to get someone with tints? that's laughable plus there is no way they "smelled weed" they said that so they had a reason to search my vehicle.
And thats your issue.

To be an a hole...you crack your window. To be someone who doesn't want a ticket, you open the window and play by the rules.

They didn't NEED to snoop into your vehicle, your lack of respect, and self appointed cockiness is what got your car searched.

And who cares if they say they "smelled weed"? If you played by the rules, put your windows down, and acted normal, if you were innocent, you would have been treated as such.

Cops follow me all the time. As soon as they hear my pipes backfire. So you're story is nothing new. Only difference, I don't get tickets.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #63
Swacer

Quote:
lol chill gramps
Ha, i'm 26, but lightyears ahead of you in maturity.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #64
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Dude...What would you have been giving up by just opening your f'n window? You're one thick headed kid.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #65
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryble View Post
Go back and reread, I did not say record it fight the ticket. I said record so you can file a complaint. Tickets given out of spite (with definitive proof) are a valid complaint. This one would've in best case scenario given him a free vacation (paid administrative leave) but more likely he wouldn't even hear about it. However, enough valid complaints and he will lose his job. We don't need power hungry a-holes running around thinking they own the streets as cops. They are supposed to protect us, not harass us.
The kid was lawfully stopped, was a moron, got a ticket. No basis for a complaint. I don't know where you get the misconception that complaining about the officers conduct would do anything more than waste administrative assets looking into BS allegations from people that are pissed they got a ticket they deserved, but I would stop relying on that source of information.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #66
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
they were mad because I killed their power trip, it wasn't even intentional...part of my rights, I think it's crazy how many people let police take advantage of them but hey I guess I did pay the price....still I don't like how they treated me like a criminal
Wow... you killed their power trip because you didn't let them take advantage of your rights.
They ask you to do specific things for THEIR SAFETY. Try pulling strangers over all day long and then come across a car with dark tint not knowing what's inside, especially when the guy is not fully cooperating, and yes rolling down 1/4 is not cooperating.

Quote:
yeah that's crazy but they could of seen me it was sunny and they aren't that dark
So they did have probably cause because they could see you. Nice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
You have much to learn grasshopper.

Quote:
just the fact that he said "where did you learn that?" shows that he knew I had the right to do that.....Besides that I was compliant with the officers, so I don't see the problem
...and they gave you a ticket for illegal tint (which you admit is illegal) so I see no problem in that. Maybe if you're a little more flexible on your "rights" they will be a little more flexible on the "law". It goes both ways.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #67
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Get over it, pay the fine and get on with your life, it's nothing to stress over.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #68
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I won't get into the arguments on this, but I do have advice. Legal or illegal tint, here in Ohio the police are required to carry a tint card to check the tint. If they don't use it & write a ticket, you can get it thrown out. I don't know what the laws are there though.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #69
stt816

at the end of the day once again I repeat I opened the window enough for the officer to hear, he was mad ..that is my right to do whether I get a ticket or not. So I did it, do I regret it? HELL NO. I hate that this country is being whipped by the cops I was very respectful, had my hands on the wheel made no sudden movements or anything. Then they hit me out of spite no problem ill pay it or fight it, either way I am very proud of myself for it. Next stop Ill decide if I want to flex my rights and pay a ticket or just be whipped by the police.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #70
2SS2010

Drives: 2010 2 SS
All I got from this thread is the OP is a direspectful smart ass driving around with Illegal tint and he got his balls broken. Living in RI Ive had tint on all my vehicles and NEVER had any problems when I've gotten pulled over. Next time when a cop says roll your windows down roll them down! You got what you deserved now man up and pay the fine.
Closed Thread