Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #29
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
I have it in mine.
If you have it, give us a report. Don't leave us hangin!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:40 AM   #30
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I think it's sad they didn't put a little more thought into the sound system in the car. Terrible speakers front and rear. The sound system in my 2010 Ford Taurus sounds much better and I don't really care for Bose products.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #31
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
From reading in the audio section of the forum, the 2010s had a better sounding amp. However it was changed possibly due to people blowing speakers. There have been several people who've had their amps swapped under warranty or bought a newer car and said their older system sounded much better. I'm sure it all comes down to $, but a little better amp and no center speaker coming from the factory would have probably kept me from considering an amp swap. I hate to put $500+ into the stereo to get it to sound better and I already have a ******** amp board and FARK harness in the box waiting.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #32
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
With need for better sound and bass means the need for a sub woofer and amp which will drain both your battery and alternator sooner than later. When all the service lights begin to come on one by one you know it's the beginning of the end. This is one of the main reasons no matter how mediocre they stock system, I refuse to touch it. Nevertheless I wish you all the best of luck. Please let me know how the system upgrade works out for some of you guys. I'm too afraid to try it.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #33
darkrhett

Drives: 2011 blk lt with gray rally
Has anybody bought the Prefab box for a 12" from JL audio or IG Design?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=221177582946?

I have a JL Sub Already, so i am not really interested in buying the stealth box from JL, but the other one looks good to me, just wanted to know if some one has bought one of these.
darkrhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #34
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
I have it in mine.
How do you like it Sam?
- can we please see some pictures of your trunck space?

Thank you Sir.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #35
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
If you have it, give us a report. Don't leave us hangin!

OOPs... over here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261540
Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #36
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazenBeast View Post
Off topic but what part of PA are you in. Seems to be a lot of ZL1's in the Pittsburgh region.
central!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #37
s/c ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
From reading in the audio section of the forum, the 2010s had a better sounding amp. However it was changed possibly due to people blowing speakers. There have been several people who've had their amps swapped under warranty or bought a newer car and said their older system sounded much better. I'm sure it all comes down to $, but a little better amp and no center speaker coming from the factory would have probably kept me from considering an amp swap. I hate to put $500+ into the stereo to get it to sound better and I already have a ******** amp board and FARK harness in the box waiting.
I just ordered a Fark harness and I've got my old 200watt Sherwood Amp and two 10" subwoofers that I'm going to attempt to use first. If the amp doesn't work anymore I'll buy a new one and that's it.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #38
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I replaced the complete sound system
In my 06 MonteSS. It was
Supposed to be premium and it was junk. I suspect I'll need to upgrade the ZL1 system.
I'd keep the original radio and use an Audio Control proc to feed real amps and subs.
And as far as the battery and alt. someone mentioned
I'm on my 3rd battery but amazingly the original alt in the 7 year old Monte. Turns out it's Japanese.
The trick will be making it stealth, fitting good speaks and amps in without using up all the trunk space.
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #39
hypoxic

Drives: '12 ZL1 CRT
OK here is my .02. It's kind of about balance. The factory stereo is not the greatest but if you add the optional subwoofer it improves the sound considerably. In addition you get a really clean installation and most dealers will negotiate on the price. Plus in the long run you still have "factory parts". The trunk is still big enough and you can through stuff in the backseat. Are you really going to go on a road trip with 4 adults in this car? Personally, I think this car is more about engine and exhaust sounds rather than stereo sounds. You can still listen to it LOUD. The sub is an easy install. Can you get better sound quality? Absolutely. But as a consumer or seller I think you're better off if the wiring harness has not been hacked up.
hypoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #40
s/c ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF1 View Post
The trick will be making it stealth, fitting good speaks and amps in without using up all the trunk space.
And what exactly are you planning on putting in your trunk that you feel is not worth using the trunk space on speakers? It's not a pick-up truck, it's a sports car. LMFAO.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #41
darkrhett

Drives: 2011 blk lt with gray rally
stelath box camaro jl audio other

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrhett View Post
Has anybody bought the Prefab box for a 12" from JL audio or IG Design?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=221177582946?

I have a JL Sub Already, so i am not really interested in buying the stealth box from JL, but the other one looks good to me, just wanted to know if some one has bought one of these.
I am gonna pull the trigger on the carpeted prefab on ebay. I will keep you posted when it comes in.
darkrhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #42
Xavier1421

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
The sound system wasn't worth even turning on, I think you could get a better stereo in a Hyundai.
The Lexicon system in the Genesis is incredibly balanced and sounds phenomenal, light years ahead of the BA system in our cars.
Xavier1421 is offline   Reply With Quote