Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Just a reminder -- Camaro vs Mustang = Wreck, totaled and Jail time

In case any one still thinks that street racing, especially in traffic, is safe...

http://www.mustangblog.com/blog/1052...major-accident
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Simply wow...that was an INTENSE VIDEO....turn your speakers up (warning NSFW language) - the impact is ugly.

This is why you should NEVER do this on the street...ever.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
HumanWiki

catch the "delete that video" at the end?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
I mean, that wasn't really racing, the one car sped up and the camaro tried to catch up....

and it seems that the camaro was slowing down, and the other car either caused the accident or the driver drove into the mustang, causing the accident.

Scary video, but seems more like the 2 cars were speeding "safely" where another car happened to cut them off.
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
mustang won...damn

I was cheering for the camaro

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Scary, lol
Old 12-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
Irnwkrkev

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
When there's a chance for a car to pull out I wouldn't call that "speeding safely".
Irnwkrkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
HumanWiki

I'm not a lawyer, but I would think that if one car took off and the other did nothing and then was involved in the wreck, one could argue he wasn't at fault.

However, by stating "the camaro tried to catch up" that pretty much creates a contest of acceleration which is what I've seen most LEOs refer to it as and is racing.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT 79 View Post
I mean, that wasn't really racing, the one car sped up and the camaro tried to catch up....

and it seems that the camaro was slowing down, and the other car either caused the accident or the driver drove into the mustang, causing the accident.

Scary video, but seems more like the 2 cars were speeding "safely" where another car happened to cut them off.
agreed. that wasnt what i would call "street racing"...more like goofing off and some dickhole who thinks hes the only car on the road just decides to pull out in front of everyone. good thing he was hit by a mustang and a camaro so they can use the "street racing" angle, because if it had been a chevy impala and a ford fusion it wouldve been the crown vics fault
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
It's sort of street racing but still a terrible video!
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
err..... did the driver of the car who pulled in front of 2 oncoming cars lose their license for ever? they have clearly displayed they are incapable of driving......
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #12
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Look how fast they were passing traffic out the drivers window... They were driving WAY too fast.

Don't be trying to justify this... A judge heard both sides, AND saw the vid... punishment fit the crime. Dumba$$ kids
Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
agreed. that wasnt what i would call "street racing"...more like goofing off and some dickhole who thinks hes the only car on the road just decides to pull out in front of everyone. good thing he was hit by a mustang and a camaro so they can use the "street racing" angle, because if it had been a chevy impala and a ford fusion it wouldve been the crown vics fault
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
err..... did the driver of the car who pulled in front of 2 oncoming cars lose their license for ever? they have clearly displayed they are incapable of driving......
Old 12-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #14
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Look how fast they were passing traffic out the drivers window... They were driving WAY too fast.

Don't be trying to justify this... A judge heard both sides, AND saw the vid... punishment fit the crime. Dumba$$ kids
You can't use other cars in the video to judge the actual speed they were going. Considering the guy only floored it in second and never really sped up from there i would venture to guess they were only going about 55-60 mph (i dont know the gearing of the car so feel free to correct). were the kids going to fast for the given situation? sure. Would i consider this vid street racing? only if you consider any form of speeding/ driving spiritedly street racing.

however that does NOT explain wtf the other driver was doing. no matter which way you look at the video the person making the left (unless they were attempting to take the law into their own hands...which is still stupid.) should not be driving AT ALL. what Gap was he trying to fit in? the guy who made a right in front of the camera would have caused the person turning left to have stopped in the middle of the busy road.

were the kids went through a spurt of speed, they were already almost back down to the speed "zone" driving a bit wrecklessly given the traffic in the area? yes. but to me the person who was the immediate cause of the accident was the person turning left, a serious case of bad judgement and all around incompetency on their part. Im actually a bit disturbed that, according to the article, they got away with nothing.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote