Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
1SexySS

Drives: 2012 Triple BLK 2SS/RS Vert
Squeaking sound coming from the back

Anyone else dealt with a squeaking sound coming from somewhere in the back fender area, around where the top is mounted?? It seems to be coming from both sides & it's driving me NUTS!! Yes, I can turn the radio up loud enough so I don't hear it but I am concerned there may be a bigger issue. Just to clarify, this is while driving and the top is up. I bought the car used so I have no idea if there were any prior issues or warranty work done to it (prolly should have asked!). Hoping someone knows a simple fix, if not, I'll probably just have to cave in & let a dealer figure it out.
1SexySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
69supersport396
Rick

Drives: 2012 IBM RS 'Vert
I had a squeaking noise coming from the right rear of the car. These braces under the rear have 4 15mm bolts securing them the the body. On the right side, 2 of mine were loose and the front most bolt backed out about 1/2 inch. One bolt on the right side was loose.

I'm told these braces are only on convertibles.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
1SexySS

Drives: 2012 Triple BLK 2SS/RS Vert
Thanks for the reply!! I'll check those out tonight. Maybe I'll get lucky and making sure those are tight gets rid of the noise!!
1SexySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I'm going to check mine this weekend. The squeaking sound on mine seems like it's on the rear driver's side.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Fieryfight

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT IBM Convertible
Had the same issue and found another thread were they said to lubricate the rubber nubs on the back after doing that saw an immediate lack of squeaking/rattle

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=Top+rattle

Near the bottom they show a picture of the nubs and you will need to put the top about half way up to see
Fieryfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SexySS View Post
Anyone else dealt with a squeaking sound coming from somewhere in the back fender area, around where the top is mounted?? It seems to be coming from both sides & it's driving me NUTS!! Yes, I can turn the radio up loud enough so I don't hear it but I am concerned there may be a bigger issue. Just to clarify, this is while driving and the top is up. I bought the car used so I have no idea if there were any prior issues or warranty work done to it (prolly should have asked!). Hoping someone knows a simple fix, if not, I'll probably just have to cave in & let a dealer figure it out.
1SexySS,

Sincere apologies to hear about the sound you're experiencing. Please keep us updated if you make a dealer visit. You can contact us anytime if you need additional assistance.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
boxguy

Drives: 2011 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SexySS View Post
Mine does that as well. It is does drive me crazy! I will call the dealer tomorrow and have them check it out. She's there because of water in the drivers side back seat floor board. There's a water bag in the top that captures water and the tubes can become crumpled. Now that sucks!
boxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
Fieryfight

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT IBM Convertible
Ever figure out what was squeaking?
Fieryfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #9
Lsiedman

Drives: 2012 SS
Yep, one bolt was backed out by 1/2 inch. Put some lock tight on it and tightened it up.
Squeak all gone. I see another recall in chevy's future.
Lsiedman is offline   Reply With Quote