Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 04-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #29
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Not enough balls to go around in Houston if Mello comes to town; and he'd lose money. I doubt LaLa is gonna cosign on that.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #30
Texan_Camaro

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro LS Summit White
2014 NBA Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 View Post
The series is over. Harden is ice cold, McHale is terrible coach, and the our overall lack of defense is showing. I look forward to a new head coach next year and hopefully Carmelo Anthony (He reportedly wants to go to Houston or Chicago)

I'd say he goes to Chicago. Chicago needs a scorer and Melo needs Chicago. Hopefully he realizes that there's not enough balls to go around like ^ said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texan_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #31
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Camaro View Post
I'd say he goes to Chicago. Chicago needs a scorer and Melo needs Chicago. Hopefully he realizes that there's not enough balls to go around like ^ said.

Harden, Howard and Melo all know each other. I would assume that they are pretty good friends or Melo wouldn't be considering coming to Houston. I think Houston has a much better roster than Chicago, especially with the Bulls best player coming off major knee injuries. In order for it to work, all 3 of them would have to make sacrifices in order to win a ring, like the Heat did. If Melo signed here, I would assume that they are all on the same page. To the money point, it isn't important. Howard made the same move to Houston. That money goes a lot farther in Houston than it does in NY or LA. Also, Melo is already rich. He will make a great amount in endorsements as well if the Rockets acquired the best big 3 in the NBA.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #32
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
I highly doubt Melo goes to CHI, I'd say HOU or NY.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #33
Texan_Camaro

Quote:
Harden, Howard and Melo all know each other. I would assume that they are pretty good friends or Melo wouldn't be considering coming to Houston. I think Houston has a much better roster than Chicago, especially with the Bulls best player coming off major knee injuries. In order for it to work, all 3 of them would have to make sacrifices in order to win a ring, like the Heat did. If Melo signed here, I would assume that they are all on the same page. To the money point, it isn't important. Howard made the same move to Houston. That money goes a lot farther in Houston than it does in NY or LA. Also, Melo is already rich. He will make a great amount in endorsements as well if the Rockets acquired the best big 3 in the NBA.

Say he does go, what then? Houston doesn't need him, as you can see Harden shooting 9-22. Carmelo shoots the same amount of shots and percentage. It's not about the money as you say, it's about a championship and Houston can't provide that with their system and unfortunately neither can their head coach (BostonCeltics!!) lol

Old 04-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #34
Burn Notice24

Quote:
Say he does go, what then? Houston doesn't need him, as you can see Harden shooting 9-22. Carmelo shoots the same amount of shots and percentage. It's not about the money as you say, it's about a championship and Houston can't provide that with their system and unfortunately neither can their head coach (BostonCeltics!!) lol

McHale should, and based on reports likely will be, fired if they don't win this series. It's safe to say the Rockets will lose, so let's just assume McHale is out. IMO, Morey is the best GM in basketball and he will find the right HC to run Melo, Dwight and Harden together. Imagine trying to guard a lineup of Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Carmelo and Howard. Everyone's percentage should go up with that much talent out there. You can only double team 1 player. No defense would match up with that line up. and they would be the hardest to stop in the NBA. I would assume that if they came together, they would be willing to share the ball in an effort to win a ring. Carmelo isn't getting any younger and this is likely his last contract of being a key player on a top team. It could work and if it happens, I think it will.

Edit- Apparently Oscar Robertson thinks it would result in a championship for the Rockets. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...194945289.html

Last edited by Burn Notice24; 04-24-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #35
Texan_Camaro

Quote:
McHale should, and based on reports likely will be, fired if they don't win this series. It's safe to say the Rockets will lose, so let's just assume McHale is out. IMO, Morey is the best GM in basketball and he will find the right HC to run Melo, Dwight and Harden together. Imagine trying to guard a lineup of Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Carmelo and Howard. Everyone's percentage should go up with that much talent out there. You can only double team 1 player. No defense would match up with that line up. and they would be the hardest to stop in the NBA. I would assume that if they came together, they would be willing to share the ball in an effort to win a ring. Carmelo isn't getting any younger and this is likely his last contract of being a key player on a top team. It could work and if it happens, I think it will.

Edit- Apparently Oscar Robertson thinks it would result in a championship for the Rockets. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...194945289.html

That is a scary lineup, I agree. Remember all the hype the Lakers received when Nash and Howard joined? Let's see how it all plays out but good analysis

Old 04-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #36
Burn Notice24

Quote:
That is a scary lineup, I agree. Remember all the hype the Lakers received when Nash and Howard joined? Let's see how it all plays out but good analysis

Nash was too old and past his prime and Kobe is too arrogant to play with Dwight. Combine that with a coach who ran an offense that didn't utilize their talents, and you get failure. Thanks. It will be an interesting summer here in Houston with NBA free agency and the #1 pick in the NFL draft.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #37
Texan_Camaro

Quote:
Nash was too old and past his prime and Kobe is too arrogant to play with Dwight. Combine that with a coach who ran an offense that didn't utilize their talents, and you get failure. Thanks. It will be an interesting summer here in Houston with NBA free agency and the #1 pick in the NFL draft.

I am also looking forward to the Celtics offseason! Slow and Painful Rebuild hopefully a Top Three Pick!!

Old 04-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #38
Burn Notice24

Quote:
I am also looking forward to the Celtics offseason! Slow and Painful Rebuild hopefully a Top Three Pick!!

What prospect do you like for them? It looks like Rondo is going to leave, whether they make the smart move and trade him or let him walk, so I think every position is in play. I like what I have seen from Exum out of Australia.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:17 AM   #39
Texan_Camaro

I've seen him and he seems like a bust, to be honest. No one knows how he played except for this past college season. I really like Jabari Parker as we look to trade the inconsistent Green, but I would also take the risk on Joel Embiid. The Celtics need a legit big man and if they don't get Omer Asik via trade, Embiid is the guy. So Parker, if not Embiid, then it would be Exum. (Celtics have Bayless at the 2, so he'd play PG?). Julius Randle is a Laker fan and Andrew Wiggins is overhyped.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #40
Texan_Camaro

Hopefully Doug McDermott slides at the 17th pick for us.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:07 AM   #41
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Let's go HEAT!!! 3PEAT!!! We gonna win the SHIP!
Old 04-26-2014, 01:00 AM   #42
Burn Notice24

It feels good to win a play off game!

Thank you Troy Daniels