Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #393
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I like the meaty ass tires on there man . That's badass! Have you got a chance to test the pads a little more? I am trying to decide between the HPS or HP+. Also, I can't wait to see what you do with the front end of the car.
Yeah hopefully gonna get some better pics tomorrow I'll roll it out of the garage. Other than the short drive I took and mashing of the go pedal I'd say they work pretty good. For some reason I feel the stock pads might have had more bite but i'll reserve me judgement until I can get her upto about 60 and slam on the brakes.

Front end is coming along now that the weather seems to be holding out for the most part I'll probably make my way to have the fuel system buttoned up. ATCO is open now starting on the 23rd test and tunes. So I'll shake it down for a few runs.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #394
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Ok, I'll ask.... Why do you need 1000 rwhp?

3/10 @ Atco is GM modern muscle vs Mopar.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #395
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Ok, I'll ask.... Why do you need 1000 rwhp?

3/10 @ Atco is GM modern muscle vs Mopar.
Not that I NEED a 1000 its more of a want. How else am I gonna spend my money

I think i'll be ready by then for sure gonna see where they can squeeze me in it should be quick 2-3 days to button up the fuel and my boost controller.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #396
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post

I think i'll be ready by then for sure gonna see where they can squeeze me in it should be quick 2-3 days to button up the fuel and my boost controller.
Well I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money but I've yet to see a 1000 rwhp make a good driver. I'd hate to see you sacrifice the driveability since you do drive it. I'd leave it alone, power wise.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #397
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Well I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money but I've yet to see a 1000 rwhp make a good driver. I'd hate to see you sacrifice the driveability since you do drive it. I'd leave it alone, power wise.
Exactly man I do drive it and I already had this conversation with the guys down at ECS. The end conclusion is that even if I strive for more power say 1000rwhp I'll be running a AEM TRU-Boost Controller. I plan to have a very streetable upper 500whp tune I'll leave it in probably 90% of the time so I can hookup on my 22s. Then i'll have a high 600s or low 700s mid tune, and then full tilt for when i'm at the strip with proper tires. Tuning it down with the controller will help the rear live a bit longer I hope as well.

So even if I go higher in the power level i'll be able to tame it down for streetability at the click of a few buttons
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #398
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregp View Post
huh? what about mine...its a good driver and with more than 1000 rwhp.
60 mile highway trips don't count. Take it on a 200 mile trip then get back to me.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #399
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Exactly man I do drive it and I already had this conversation with the guys down at ECS. The end conclusion is that even if I strive for more power say 1000rwhp I'll be running a AEM TRU-Boost Controller. I plan to have a very streetable upper 500whp tune I'll leave it in probably 90% of the time so I can hookup on my 22s. Then i'll have a high 600s or low 700s mid tune, and then full tilt for when i'm at the strip with proper tires. Tuning it down with the controller will help the rear live a bit longer I hope as well.

So even if I go higher in the power level i'll be able to tame it down for streetability at the click of a few buttons
That's a nice option to have. 500 for cruising around, especially with all the traffic up here, is plenty.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #400
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
That's really cool that you can select different tunes at a touch of a button or 2! Nice set up!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #401
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
That's really cool that you can select different tunes at a touch of a button or 2! Nice set up!
Not sure if it switches tunes frankly I don't really know how it works haha as weird as it sounds I'm looking forward to making less power and then all if it when I want
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #402
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Are you keeping the car again?

You change your mind more than I change toilet paper rolls..
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #403
Sickwitit

Drives: Fast, Faster, and O My God...!
Quote:

Hey Chris...I got you my dude you could easily speed your money on some of my dreams...:bellyro ll::be llyroll::bellyrol l: .
Hahahaha...man you crazy but I respect your live now attitude bro, you only live once.

Went through the thread again man as it is a freaking beast, those tires look meaty as hell...also had to look at the bikes again...I am now a Ducati fan thanks to you, bikes are like a work of art bro.
Sickwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #404
Sickwitit

Drives: Fast, Faster, and O My God...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post

Wow....that's too funny, Lol...hahahahaha.
Sickwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #405
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post

. You know drive the car again....mash the go pedal.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #406
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickwitit View Post
Hey Chris...I got you my dude you could easily speed your money on some of my dreams...:bellyro ll::be llyroll::bellyrol l: .
Hahahaha...man you crazy but I respect your live now attitude bro, you only live once.

Went through the thread again man as it is a freaking beast, those tires look meaty as hell...also had to look at the bikes again...I am now a Ducati fan thanks to you, bikes are like a work of art bro.
LOL I got you man I told you I'd let you borrow the "Whip" when I acquire it .

Tires are great man I forgot what it was like to ride on a tire with sidewall. I hit bumps and I was like, wow this isn't half bad now LOL. Yeah man Ducati is like a work of art nice to look at, good because its hella uncomfortable LOL.

Tags
camaro of the week