Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
2011 Camaro V6 LS

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6 LS
VMax TB V6 R2: Review V6/Manual Transmission

Hi Forum , I know a lot of really excellent post have been made regarding the TB but I wanted to share my experience Before I begin I want to say a big Thank You to Tracy at RX Performance who graciously installed this TB at his shop along with my Catch Can

1) Having driven only 4 cylinder manual cars before, I found my quick clutch driving style in my Camaro produced an embarrassing stumble (go forward a very small ways, power drop out completely, car than surges forward) off the line if I was not careful with both. This TB is really incredible. I can now let the clutch up quickly and be pressing the gas pedal quite a ways down and I now smoothly launch of the line with no stumble and a lot more forward momentum.

Improvement: Smooth Line Starts

2) My daily commute includes a freeway driving portion (which is always my favorite). When going into 4th from 3rd my Camaro always feels very strong and just keeps surging forward. 1rst to 2nd, you can top out 1rst really really quick and shifting into 2nd at any rpm range I always felt that it wasn't on the same level as a 3rd to 4th shift. I didn't really get that feeling of continued power/surge. The TB for me was able to eliminate that 1rst to 2nd lag I felt and now from 1rst through 4th it one amazing smooth surge forward.

Improvement: Smooth Acceleration Through Each Gear Change

In closing, for me this TB from the elimination of the stumble at a green light to an unending flow of power through each gear change has made huge improvements over an already incredible driving experience.

On a side note, the RX Catch can is really incredible. An excellent designed system, very very efficient, and looks great sitting in the engine bay. At 3,500 miles my Camaro had a small amount of oil in the intake manifold oil catch, which will now be eliminated.

I am extremely happy with both of my purchases from RX Performance, and highly recommend RX Performance to those looking into purchasing both of these mods. Just send a pm to SC2150.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Sounds intriguing. May have to do this upgrade.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
I really cant wait till they get a 2012 version out. If I read correctly, this mod is pure torque,correct?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
I'm ready for th TB just got to get monies right. Then the tune. BTW someone has the tune on sale for 350 dollars.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
gman1970
gmans 10

Drives: 2010 victory red ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
I'm ready for th TB just got to get monies right. Then the tune. BTW someone has the tune on sale for 350 dollars.
300 and you keep the cable
Old 11-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Who has it on sale for 300 with the cable?

Are you selling your cable gman? Or is this through some provider? Would it include the free tweaks from Vince still?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Who has it on sale for 300 with the cable?

Are you selling your cable gman? Or is this through some provider? Would it include the free tweaks from Vince still?
Here ya go KM. Better hurry, good till 11/30

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183670

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
....I don't think I'll be able to resist this lol