Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #85
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO_Chevy View Post
I completely agree. People jump to conclusions far too quickly without seeing it for themselves. I was a bit on the fence at first, but seeing these in the wild pics just confirms my liking of it.

The 5th gen refresh just blows my mind. People were so against it, and I was my top designs that I like. Either way, people are going to hate something and like it, your just going to hear the negative comments far more for some reason. Happens with everything I feel. Oh well, I know what I like and, to me, that's all that matters.

Can't wait to see the LT and SS more on the wild.

Maybe this one is meant to appeal more to the fans of the 5th Gen....It doesn't seem like they are always the same people.

I remember when the 14's were debuted at first I didn't like it either because I was so used to mine ('12) and the same design I had seen for so many years, but after a few days I came to really like it.

The refresh in '14 sold really good too, I hope these do as well !
Old 05-05-2018, 12:59 PM   #86
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
It’s growing on me I just need to see it in person.

Last edited by 01pewterz28; 05-07-2018 at 02:35 PM.
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:21 PM   #87
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
Maybe this one is meant to appeal more to the fans of the 5th Gen....It doesn't seem like they are always the same people.

I remember when the 14's were debuted at first I didn't like it either because I was so used to mine ('12) and the same design I had seen for so many years, but after a few days I came to really like it.

The refresh in '14 sold really good too, I hope these do as well !
Myself, I loved the '14 refresh from the get go. It had more of that '69 vibe, which you could clearly see in the tail lights and front end.

With this refresh though, I could see it catering to those types of buyers/owners. Though, I think it looks better than the 5th gen. Aggressive, sleek, and modern is what I see with this 6th gen. The 5th gen, of which I still love and had fallen in love with all over again with cars, says more: retro, big presence, and the catalyst that changed the pony car segment. Neither is wrong to like more than the other, however, to call this new design ugly I don't understand and couldn't disagree more..

I'm sure it'll sell though. We enthusiasts are a pretty damn small segment of the market. I'll be waiting on performance metrics and data for the 2019 models.
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #88
SinginHawk

Drives: 2015 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
It’s a matter of what you’re accustom to seeing. After being away from my 13 ZL1 two years, when is see a gen5 it looks portly and the interior shockingly cheap and dated.
Surely there are multiple factors influencing people's taste, however I admit that I am quite a bit biased since the Gen5 '14-15 Camaro is my favorite car to date, of all cars that I've ever seen.

I can always add creature comforts at a later date and would likely be doing a lot of that to my future Z/28, which came from the factory with much to be desired in that department.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:56 AM   #89
nearwater

Drives: '17 2SS 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Yep.... same verdict. No good.
Agree 100%
RS front looks really good.. while the SS gets the fugly face.
Shame.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #90
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Current one is better looking, this front fascia went way too overboard. The heat extractor too also doesn't fit the lines of the car. It worked with the 5th gen refresh because the 5th gen has more retro/less aerodynamic design. This Camaro was sleek/sport looking and the current design is almost perfect, especially with an appearance package like redline or ground effects .

They could have just changed the rear fascia and made slight changes to the front, including new headlights.

Although looking forward to what SEMA will bring, it can look pretty cool/specialty car with some modifications.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #91
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
I do appreciate that they made the upper grille wider and thus closer to the traditional large upper grille associated with muscle cars. I think the 2016 looks great, but that is one thing I would have enjoyed. The 2016 pinched it very tight. But I dislike the 2019 chome'y headlights in comparison to the blackness inside the 2016.

I love the rear end and taillights.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:49 PM   #92
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
On the road

I like it, but like I say.

"Move Bowtie or Remove Split dry"
Attached Images

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #93
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The overall look of the refresh isn't bad. The details are terrible.

The LED light piping around the headlights looks like a frying pan. Plus, its interrupted under the HID bulb. It just looks unfinished.

The placement of the bow tie make the fascia look droopy.

The heat extractor looks cheap, from what I've seen.
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the head lights look like frying pans!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #94
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the head lights look like frying pans!
I was thinking the big dipper.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #95
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I was thinking the big dipper.
I can see that as well
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #96
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Yea I am liking it more and more hoping to see one at the James Martin Chevrolet show this weekend.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #97
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
With sad tears. :-(

Lol
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #98
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
The more pictures I see the more I like it, really like that front shot the hood looks great.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote