Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
I painted because it's there...the triangular peice by the side mirrors.

There's a little triangular piece of plastic right by the side mirrors (on the glass side). I want to remove (it has to be painted ). I bought the 3 set manual but did it the "MAN" way. Just tear into it. I've replaced plenty of speakers in my time...so not sweat....RIGHT! Turns out you have to pull the door skin off and loosen the mirror frame to remove said piece for additional clearance.....jeeeeeezzzz....Pics to follow. I hope I've gotten better at taking pictures of airborne tools.... Hope this helps for those that want to bump up the speakers system since that's one of my other mods. More to follow. Please post questions while I have it open. I can take pics to show the guts. Should be finished painting and re-assembling this weekend. Send any thoughts if you've done this and had speed bumps on the way. I'm planning to smooth it out and get ride of the texture and thoughts on that? The car is IOM the part will be CGM following the theme. Just did my XM antenna IOM yesterday.....sweeeeet! Thanks for any advice!
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote