Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #85
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Ill never drive a black car again. Especially after getting one with some color.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #86
Jonzmaro

Drives: 2013 RS M6
Black - and would do it again.

Ever notice in all the commercials featuring the new Camaro - they always use a black car. It looks downright mean, and sexy.

I think the truth is, when owning black, is we obsess a little too much on it. It does not have to be perfect all the time, to look great, and impress. My son's b-ball coach has an 2011 black RS. He does not obsess on it, looks like he's never waxed it, and yet when he rolled up for games with it fairly clean (and my perspective looking at some else's car), I always smile, cause it looks killer, no matter what!

My 13 is the same. A good coat of wax, and then a bi-weekly wash, if that, and a wipe of the wheels in between, and again,...not perfect, but killer all the same. I have had black Trans-Am's (77-78), black Mustangs (03-05), and black Camaro's (74 LT, 98, 01, 13). Loved them all.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #87
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
Black sucks. The body lines are nearly invisible. Its like one big black blob. And too many of them.
You need to get new eye glasses.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #88
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post
I traded my silver 10' SS (that hid everything) for a black 13' 1LE. Its only been about a month and still not sure how I feel about it. When its clean it looks amazing for about 5 minutes otherwise it just looks awful. Not sure I would get black again... Its definitely a love hate relationship.. I need a polisher and some type of sealant that works asap.

Chris, Just when I thought u were coming around by getting BLK 1LE

It ain't easy being this good looking, & it is actually a little dirty, lol
Attached Images

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 07-22-2013 at 12:55 PM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #89
Jonzmaro

Drives: 2013 RS M6
AdamZ wrote: "Black sucks. The body lines are nearly invisible. Its like one big black blob. And too many of them."

Uh, yeah Chief, that's pretty funny from someone who has a "matte grey" Camaro. LOL
If black is a big blob,....you are driving a large sardine can. By far, the most boring color for ANY of the new pony cars.......is GREY....lol

Challenger, Mustang, Camaro.......all look like gun-ships in grey.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #90
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Thanks, but my vision is nearly perfect. My neighbor has a black Camaro. Its a black blob.
Does he at least have the V8?
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #91
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Black is probably my favorite color 1LE to look at, but I already own a black car that demands a lot of attention so I went the other way. A clay bar and some regular wax are all you need on white.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #92
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Its Matte Grey Aluminum Metallic. See my body lines. Show me another like mine. Ill show you THOUSANDS that are black. Cheif. Anyone else?
I'll agree with you that the silvers show the the body lines better in most conditions. That is why most of the brochures and magazine advertisements, including one of the original Camaro concept cars are in Silver. Silvers and greys are easy to take care of and do not show dirt much either. That being said, Silver has no depth and IMO, black, when clean, is one of the most attractive colors on the Camaro. That is why there is so many of them.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #93
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzmaro View Post
AdamZ wrote: "Black sucks. The body lines are nearly invisible. Its like one big black blob. And too many of them."

Uh, yeah Chief, that's pretty funny from someone who has a "matte grey" Camaro. LOL
If black is a big blob,....you are driving a large sardine can. By far, the most boring color for ANY of the new pony cars.......is GREY....lol

Challenger, Mustang, Camaro.......all look like gun-ships in grey.

Grey?????? id say silver.. Cyber grey and ashen grey are definitely not boring.
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #94
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Its one of the two colors that only got one coat. Hence paint peels under the spoiler (TSB) and paint peels in any crevice of the body after time (TSB also). Never again. I owned a black Dodge and it looked show room condition when I traded it. A few scratches but nothing peeling. It was an 08. It's not the color, it's the quality used on the color. Look at Harley Davidson. Their black bike paint seems to last forever, even with the added heat of an air cooled engine.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #95
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
before ordering my Synergy Green 2011, I only owned black cars. They sure look good when they are clean, which doesn't last long. I was probably going to get another black camaro , but then I saw synergy green and quickly made my mind up. it looks good dirty, and still stands out from all the other colors. if i had to buy a new camaro today, would probably get AGM, looks black at night, but has some color and hides the dirt better than black. plus looks really good with black wheels and accents. Black sure is beautiful though

Last edited by dr damon; 07-22-2013 at 06:34 PM.
dr damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #96
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
I wouldn't own another gloss black car, but a metallic black, yes.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #97
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Only two colors work for me... black or medium/bright blue. I reallllly wanted a blue like JSB or KBM but alas, it wasn't possible. So my 2010 1LT (RIP) was black, and my 2012 SS is black.
When it looks right, it looks sooooooo right.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #98
ametallichick
Met4Life \m/\m/

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
My Suburban is black and although I love the look of all black, I will never buy black again. I'm looking at Summit White or the red (can't think of the name of it off hand) as we speak.
ametallichick is offline   Reply With Quote