Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 AM   #533
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner98 View Post
I said no criticisizms.

I'm an Engineer, I do understand the point here. Race track car bla bla bla bla... Lighter weight = better performance. However most people will buy them and use them for street use only. Just like SUVs that have never gone off-road.

I don't think people should pay a premium for less.

If you want to gut out your car to make it faster, then by all means be my guest. Go ahead and gut out your 2010 Aqua Blue 2SS, you would of definately paid much much less and will be much faster, but I bet the radio and speakers is the LAST thing you'll get rid of.

To each his own though, we're all still part of the Chevy fam. Proud GM has put out another great product! Sales will definately be strong and Stock will rise.
So carbon ceramic brakes, forged aluminum wheels, 7.0 liter V8 hand built, Recaro seats, 305 tires on all four corners and an awesome suspension are less?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #534
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
I said no criticisizms.

I'm an Engineer, I do understand the point here. Race track car bla bla bla bla... Lighter weight = better performance. However most people will buy them and use them for street use only. Just like SUVs that have never gone off-road.

I don't think people should pay a premium for less.

If you want to gut out your car to make it faster, then by all means be my guest. Go ahead and gut out your 2010 Aqua Blue 2SS, you would of definately paid much much less and will be much faster, but I bet the radio and speakers is the LAST thing you'll get rid of.

To each his own though, we're all still part of the Chevy fam. Proud GM has put out another great product! Sales will definately be strong and Stock will rise.
You said it...you're an engineer. You said people shouldn't pay a premium for less? If you were in marketing you'd understand why the premium exists. AND the "less" exists because it is a niche car. Just as Al said, if you want creature comforts, THIS CAR IS NOT FOR YOU.
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #535
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
Just amazes me how many people are on the ZL1 Forum that don't even OWN ZL1s yet run their mouths and make comments like they have the money !
I have the money....and the car....care to chat?
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 AM   #536
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Looks = No
Performance = Yes

They should just get rid of the ZL1 since they don't need it now that this track beast is here!
Nope, they need to keep it. There are buyers out there that like to have it all
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #537
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
My take on the tail lights... this was a 10 min photoshop. I'd prefer something like this. The tail lights are the only thing I am not a fan of.
Attached Images

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #538
JR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
Funny how when a Z/28 name is attached to the redesigned body suddenly most people that hated on the redesigned front and rear yesterday are suddently in love with the 2014 Camaro and want a Z/28.
I think part of what helps the Z/28 look better than the reveal yesterday is the exterior color of the car. With the tail lights consuming a larger surface area of the rear end a color that contrasts with the red tails I think makes them look more appealing than they did on the red car from the TV show.

I still dont like the rear (Even with the Z/28 badge). The tail lights and back of the trunk area dont look right...

But i will admit, with that awful Pepboys chrome stuff gone from the Z/28 grill it helps it look a little better than the car from the Kelly show the other day... I dont know why, but that "cheap looking" chrome stuff on the grill of that red car just made me sick to look at it. It killed the entire front end.

Is that a Pearl White or Matte White on the Z/28 ???
Old 03-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #539
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
One more
Attached Images

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:22 AM   #540
JR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
only problem is, z/28 has no mylink, no halo's, only comes in manual, and ac is optional. lol this is mostly a track car.
Duh...

There's always the ZL1 for the owners that want everything

Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #541
JR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
My take on the tail lights... this was a 10 min photoshop. I'd prefer something like this. The tail lights are the only thing I am not a fan of.

You know, that tail light does look better split apart like that instead of one solid unit... The one solid unit just looks kinda plain looking.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 AM   #542
JR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
The front looks pretty good in this shot. The rear of this thing may not fly with me. Nothing the after market companies won't fix for me. The hood wasn't going to stay anyways, makes no difference to me.

Looks like a Stormtrooper's car.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #543
barryzz383

Drives: 1989 camaro
car is awesome!!
barryzz383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:53 AM   #544
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
The Z/28 completes the Camaro lineup. So whether you have the means to buy a Z/28, ZL1, 1LE, SS, LT, LS, the entire price range of Camaro availability is there for everyone to enjoy and be part of the Camaro family. Depends on how deep your pockets are is usually the limiting factor, but even if you can afford it but don't want the most expensive model, Chevy's got a Camaro that's right for you.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:03 AM   #545
JR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
I think the one thing that people seem to overlook is how much they will miss a decent sounding radio. With only one speaker in the entire car people that think they will enjoy driving this on the street just for bragging rights are going to quickly get tired of not having any good tunes to listen to. Then they will start trying to add their own stereo. Then the weight starts being piled back on. Then you may as well have gotten a ZL1 because that is the performance car for those that have to have comfort and performance.
Yup, The Z/28 is a nice Camaro name to have...

But i still gotta have all the goodies.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:06 AM   #546
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric n View Post
Mustang fan here saying that is one dead sexy automobile. Congrats to General Motors for hitting one all the way out of the park. The ZL is a great car.. this is beyond!
x2. I am beyond impressed with what GM has done with the 1LE, Z28 and ZL1.

Tags
2014 camaro z28, 2014 camaro z28 forum, 2014 camaro z28 forums, 2014 chevy camaro z28, 2014 z28, bad ass, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, chevy camaro z28, chevy camaro z28 forum, chevy camaro z28 forums, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new camaro z28 forums, z28 forum, z28 forums