Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-14-2015, 11:40 PM   #1
injector

Drives: LS3
Talking D1sc w/helical Gearset video clip

Hi everyone,

For the past couple of months, I have been thinking seriously of replacing my d1sc w/straight gearset with the same unit but w/helical option. I basically like my car to be a sleeper (or think it is a sleeper ) and hate the grinding/whining sound from my D1 at idle.

I tried doing my research looking specifically for a Camaro but all I could find are clips for various other cars i.e. Mustang, SRT jeep etc.

So was wondering if anyone here have a unit w/helical gear and would be able to share a clip with the hood open and/or closed. This clip would be a reference for lots of Camaro owners looking to hear it before pulling the trigger or deciding which option is more suited to their preference.

From my side I'm willing to share a clip for a D1SC w/straight cut gears to have a comparison in one thread.

Thanks all
Texas Speed & Performance Custom Built Forged 408 CID, PRC LS3 260CC,Fast Intake & NW 102 TB, Alky Methanol kit, ID850, LPE Dual pumps,,Melling HV oil Pump. D1SC 10PSI, Stage 2 Air Intake,Magnaflow Axle back, Mcleod clutch, Pedders XA coilovers and sway bars, HD bushings, Hurst shifter, ACS bumper and hood ports, DSS aluminum drive shaft, CSF radiator .

Last edited by injector; 07-15-2015 at 01:20 AM.
injector is offline   Reply With Quote