Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #15
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler20c View Post
It's so annoying how everyone always says "take it to the track". He did ONE donut in a parking lot. Great idea, lets go to the track to do a single donut. Its not a big deal, its not like he's doing donuts on an elementary school playground.

no. he did not do a donut in a parking lot. he did manage to spin the car 180*, but he didnt do a donut. and who knows.... in a parking lot that small, if it had been a little more wet, he could have slid right back into someone elses car.

not saying I've never done stuff like this in the past, but its come back to bite me more than once. next time, find a bigger parking lot.

preferably an empty one
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
07MonteSS

Drives: 1985 Red Corvette 1978 Lotus
lets just break it down here..."oh look at me..look what I can do on a rainy day" I wouldnt say thats something to be proud of.
Ford F350 7.3 Diesel Super Duty

07MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #17
usmcbmw

Drives: 2LT Camaro RS, Land Rover LR2
hahah awsomeee videoo perfect 180
usmcbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
tyler20c

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
no. he did not do a donut in a parking lot. he did manage to spin the car 180*, but he didnt do a donut. and who knows.... in a parking lot that small, if it had been a little more wet, he could have slid right back into someone elses car.

not saying I've never done stuff like this in the past, but its come back to bite me more than once. next time, find a bigger parking lot.

preferably an empty one
Oh ya excuse me I forgot the numeric degree value of a donut.
tyler20c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #19
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
You didn't stall the car...the effects of the cars rotation will temporarily starve the car for fuel. Same effects as a PIT maneuver used by police.

If you would have done a full donut (insert cop joke here) you wouldn't have stalled the car.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #20
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
let's just chalk this up to youthful exuberance and the sense of invincibility. nice job with the 180 and it is great that you didn't slide back into the other cars. now, go forth and try to survive until you're >30 and mentally grow into that body.

SWH Rule #7 - It is always better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #21
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Nice 180, but seriously on a wet surface you could do that in a Yugo...lol
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #22
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
You didn't stall the car...the effects of the cars rotation will temporarily starve the car for fuel. Same effects as a PIT maneuver used by police.

If you would have done a full donut (insert cop joke here) you wouldn't have stalled the car.
OK I'll insert the cop joke...

Hey, take it from Banshee, as a cop he is an expert on donuts!

There you go!

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #23
nickruta

Drives: 2010 black camaro
haha It just looks close to the other cars it really wasnt and the parking lot is where I work before hours the people who where filming owned the vans in the back as far as the guy who says he can read the plate thats not true because the car has no plates just a temp sticker i DOUBT you can read with the low resolution. But anyway it was just a one time fun thing that looks cool and was a PERFECT 180'. I just love this thing.
nickruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #24
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickruta View Post
haha It just looks close to the other cars it really wasnt and the parking lot is where I work before hours the people who where filming owned the vans in the back as far as the guy who says he can read the plate thats not true because the car has no plates just a temp sticker i DOUBT you can read with the low resolution. But anyway it was just a one time fun thing that looks cool and was a PERFECT 180'. I just love this thing.
Enjoy it man, that is what they build these for, not driving it like a granny, otherwise all cars would be Camry's!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #25
Metal Camaro

Drives: The beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Enjoy it man, that is what they build these for, not driving it like a granny, otherwise all cars would be Camry's!
I agree with this guy. Just enjoy brother....I have to wait till late spring/ early summer...I dream about doing that or driving through tunnels hearing the exhaust echo.

Just dont let your boss see you lmao.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #26
glazr69

Drives: 2011 Charger R/T
nickruta, you ever been on rt 22 in Union? its possible i've seen (and given a thumbs up and honk) you and your camaro..
Old 11-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #27
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Choose a walmart or home depot parking lot if you're gonna try this stuff more room less likely to get into trouble. As for Xmicro's burn out. I hope you realized you just burned about $200 worth of tread on that one lol

LOL, more like $500! Great burnout and donuts. damn, that was like "f these Pirellis, I got money to burn!" heck, this car already costs me enough without having to get new tires!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #28
nickruta

Drives: 2010 black camaro
Very possible
nickruta is offline   Reply With Quote