Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #21435
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Well a cel just kicked back on...

P2099

nothing feels wrong and this happened on a 2 hour trip and then 2 hour trip back (had to sign a leave form) and nothing seemed out of place
Old 02-18-2014, 07:46 AM   #21436
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Well a cel just kicked back on...

P2099

nothing feels wrong and this happened on a 2 hour trip and then 2 hour trip back (had to sign a leave form) and nothing seemed out of place

Have you installed your tune? Looking it up 2099 has to deal with running rich on bank 2 of the motor. Of course it's using Long Term fuel trims to calculate it and not AFR. If you have the tune I would into either getting something that measures LTFTs or AFR to see what your reading and then have IPF adjust your tune.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #21437
Aequitas & Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Have you installed your tune? Looking it up 2099 has to deal with running rich on bank 2 of the motor. Of course it's using Long Term fuel trims to calculate it and not AFR. If you have the tune I would into either getting something that measures LTFTs or AFR to see what your reading and then have IPF adjust your tune.
Yep tune is installed and still there since I take her past 7000. I'll send Matt an email about it
Old 02-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #21438
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
I finally got a response from trifecta! Took nearly four weeks. Unfortunately, they claim I have a leak? I don't hear anything odd and I could see any soot just by opening the hood but they said the ECM is adding an extra 30% gas at idle and low revs. Does that sound like a leak? If it's not a leak it's just s tune issue right? I'm going to check out in a few hours so I'll keep you guys posted.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #21439
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Yep tune is installed and still there since I take her past 7000. I'll send Matt an email about it

I'm sure Matt will get you all taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
I finally got a response from trifecta! Took nearly four weeks. Unfortunately, they claim I have a leak? I don't hear anything odd and I could see any soot just by opening the hood but they said the ECM is adding an extra 30% gas at idle and low revs. Does that sound like a leak? If it's not a leak it's just s tune issue right? I'm going to check out in a few hours so I'll keep you guys posted.

The only way a leak will cause a motor to run rich that I know of is pre O2 sensor leak so hopefully that helps you narrow it down. Make sure all bolts are torqued to speck and the gaskets are seated properly on the flanges.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #21440
SixCyl

It does man, thanks!
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #21441
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #21442
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
It does man, thanks!

Yea no problem. Do you have the tune installed on your car now? If so were you just waiting for results from the Datalog?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #21443
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Adding fuel at low RPM sounds like there could be a leak to me somewhere on the intake side. Generally, at low RPM there is maximum vacuum condition in the intake manifold, so any leak into the manifold will allow air in. Back in the old days a rough idle would be a symptom. Nowadays I suppose the ECM will adjust fueling based on input from the O2 sensors. If the sensors indicate a lean condition, then fuel is added. So unless the leak is really bad - beyond that for which the ECM can adjust - you might not notice or get a CEL. I'm not sure what issues you've been having, so forgive me if I've missed something. It's probably worthwhile to investigate for leaks around the IM/spacer seal, plenum cover gasket, loose IM bolts, coupling between the TB and cold-air intake, etc...

EDIT: Just noticed you are running the RX breather. Technically, that is a leak. I'm aware of the "metered check-valve" claim, whatever that means...
Old 02-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #21444
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Old 02-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #21445
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
But that isn't a tire in the top picture.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #21446
Aequitas & Veritas

Quote:
I'm sure Matt will get you all taken care of.
Yeah he's great. I'll update when I hear from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Haha I saw this this morning I like it, but what about an NSX? Honda made those and I love those still like the meme though
Old 02-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #21447
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yeah he's great. I'll update when I hear from him.

Haha I saw this this morning I like it, but what about an NSX? Honda made those and I love those still like the meme though
Haha love it!!
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #21448
SixCyl

Quote:
Yea no problem. Do you have the tune installed on your car now? If so were you just waiting for results from the Datalog?
Yeah I installed the headers a little over a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
Adding fuel at low RPM sounds like there could be a leak to me somewhere on the intake side. Generally, at low RPM there is maximum vacuum condition in the intake manifold, so any leak into the manifold will allow air in. Back in the old days a rough idle would be a symptom. Nowadays I suppose the ECM will adjust fueling based on input from the O2 sensors. If the sensors indicate a lean condition, then fuel is added. So unless the leak is really bad - beyond that for which the ECM can adjust - you might not notice or get a CEL. I'm not sure what issues you've been having, so forgive me if I've missed something. It's probably worthwhile to investigate for leaks around the IM/spacer seal, plenum cover gasket, loose IM bolts, coupling between the TB and cold-air intake, etc...

EDIT: Just noticed you are running the RX breather. Technically, that is a leak. I'm aware of the "metered check-valve" claim, whatever that means...

Well, we got the car on a lift and didn't hear anything out of the ordinary or see any soot over or under; everything was nice and tight. My guy said it may just be the ecm trying to overcome the increased flow of air and not doing a good job at it, in which case I really need a new tune than. Interestingly I opened up my hood just now and heard a slight hiss? I can't verify it wasn't there before, I may just be paranoid now. Can a leak come and go?

Why would a leak exist at low revs and idle but not mid and high revs?

Also would that throw an additional code? All I get is the O2 codes that come with the headers, but I'll check again.

UPDATE: The hissing sound was coming from the set of hoses connecting the catch can. So now I am 99.9% confident there is no leak. Let's see what trifecta has to say.

Last edited by SixCyl; 02-18-2014 at 05:10 PM.