Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-17-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
Arkansasboy

Drives: 2010 2SS
Fresno area shops?

Hey yall,
I'm in the market for headers for my 2010 SS and are currently looking for a good shop that will install and tune in the Fresno area. I live in lemoore. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Arkansasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
West Coast Exhaust does an excellent job on Exhaust work. Not sure if they can tune
Old 05-19-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
MattyBoySS

Drives: white with orange stripes 2SS/RS
Try Starkweather Performance in Turlock ask for Josh he's the owner. He worked with Andy from ADM prior to opening his own shop.
MattyBoySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:58 AM   #4
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
SS Motorsports in Fresno, hands down best shop in town. Great prices and great reputation.
Starkweather Performance now has Nate from AOP doing there tuning, and he is probably the worst in the state.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
damian559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #5
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian559 View Post
SS Motorsports in Fresno, hands down best shop in town. Great prices and great reputation.
Starkweather Performance now has Nate from AOP doing there tuning, and he is probably the worst in the state.
Hey Damian 559, I have a 2014 ZL1 and would like to do some light modding. Nothing too crazy since it's my DD, but wondering were they able to keep your car street legal? I'm also a bit worried about the warranty. The car is fast and I don't need it, but man when I see everybody else modding their cars it gives me the bug. Thanks.
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:41 PM   #6
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
I see Starkweather turning out some great ZL1 builds and have a couple of personal friends get built and tuned there. Care to provide some detail?
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #7
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I would like to know too as Josh will be doing a turbo build for me in a few weeks.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #8
Nor Cal ZL1

Plus Starkweather is an ADM rep which is well respected. Everyone I know who has had work done there is very satisfied with the results. Getyouone I would not be very concerned with your build there at all. He has a TT ZL1 and it is one of the fastest in the country.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #9
GetYouOne

I know I visited Josh last week great dude knows his stuff I just wanna make sure my tune is top notch. I'm under the impression Josh is doing the tuning which is the reason I'm going there.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #10
damian559

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
I know I visited Josh last week great dude knows his stuff I just wanna make sure my tune is top notch. I'm under the impression Josh is doing the tuning which is the reason I'm going there.
Josh is no longer doing the tuning. Nathan Schaldach is now doing the tuning. He was the former tuner at Fresno Performance and AOP (All Out Performance), both in Fresno. He got both shops shut down from so many lawsuits of him blowing up motors, not installing the parts and keeping them for himself. He is a very shady guy and should not be trusted. Go there at your own risk, or make sure for 100% that Josh is doing the tuning.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
Old 06-08-2015, 10:44 PM   #11
damian559

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post
Hey Damian 559, I have a 2014 ZL1 and would like to do some light modding. Nothing too crazy since it's my DD, but wondering were they able to keep your car street legal? I'm also a bit worried about the warranty. The car is fast and I don't need it, but man when I see everybody else modding their cars it gives me the bug. Thanks.
I'll send you a PM, but my car is street legal but not SMOG legal.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
Old 06-09-2015, 08:20 AM   #12
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Josh is no longer doing the tuning. Nathan Schaldach is now doing the tuning. He was the former tuner at Fresno Performance and AOP (All Out Performance), both in Fresno. He got both shops shut down from so many lawsuits of him blowing up motors, not installing the parts and keeping them for himself. He is a very shady guy and should not be trusted. Go there at your own risk, or make sure for 100% that Josh is doing the tuning.
Thanks for the input. I will insist Josh does all my work and stay in town if need be. As I said I have friends who are very happy with thier builds.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #13
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Quote:
Wow! Nothing that was just said by you Damien is true! You have never stepped foot in my shop & I'm guessing you've never seen a build that has came out of my shop in person. We bend over backwards to make sure our customers are happy, that every build is detailed to perfection, makes good usable power & drives perfectly! Talk to any of my customers (some of them already commented) & they'll tell you the same thing. All I know about you is that you sent Nate a pm asking for a price on an LSA blower install, I'm the sole owner & the only person that gives out quotes, Nate told you that & gave you my number. Nathan left AOP 9 months ago & turned sole ownership over to his former partner, what has happened there since has nothing to do with Nathan or my shop, I have no affiliation with them. You obviously have a problem with Nate, I don't think it's fair or even a little called for to bring my shop into it, you don't know me & we've never met. Our work speaks for itself & our customers will speak for us also. I welcome anyone to come by the shop, it's the cleanest in the state & I'll gladly go over any questions you have, I will show you pictures of our builds & dyno sheets also, thanks, Joshua Starkweather.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:58 PM   #14
GetYouOne

Looking forward to the install Josh!