Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-09-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Do you tip your delivery guys and gals over the holiday season?

How does everyone feel about the practice of tipping the delivery guys over the holidays? Without disclosing amounts, am I the only one that gives my delivery guys a card and tip around this time of the year?

I bring this up on the Camaro forum because I get more car stuff delivered to my house second only to Amazon. If I had to guess, the UPS guy alone is at my house 3-4 times a month, often more......then FedEx, then USPS (packages).

It’s easy with UPS because it’s the same guy 99% of the time, FEDEX is very irregular so I usually make that amount small and try to catch the one guy I see most often, and of course my rural mail carrier gets taken care of ‘cause he’s like family...(he has the code to get in my house and grabs Gatorades in the summer. Lol.)
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
I would give a tip but they just throw my stuff on the front porch and sometimes they knock but by the time I get to the door, they are already half way down my street
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Not delivery guys but I always give my mailman a gift card for Christmas.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I think the ubiquitous tip jar has hardened me. Tips should not be ASKED for, they should be a bonus for something exceptional in my opinion. I recently had some tree trimming work done. Upon paying the people I was asked, “What, no tip?” Not now!
Old 12-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #5
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I think the ubiquitous tip jar has hardened me. Tips should not be ASKED for, they should be a bonus for something exceptional in my opinion. I recently had some tree trimming work done. Upon paying the people I was asked, “What, no tip?” Not now!
I couldn’t agree more. My wife and I have a pretty strict tipping policy as in minimum tip at any restaurant and what industry workers get tips and for what work is done.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:35 AM   #6
c0r3yr0s3

LOL...next Friday when my boss gives me my paycheck, I'm gonna say "what, no tip"
Old 12-09-2017, 09:53 AM   #7
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Not delivery guys but I always give my mailman a gift card for Christmas.
mailman as well as trash man.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:56 AM   #8
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
The sweeties delivering ice cold drafts on a salted napkin will be generously tipped today. It's snowing and game day. Yes, there will be tips.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #9
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
The sweeties delivering ice cold drafts on a salted napkin will be generously tipped today. It's snowing and game day. Yes, there will be tips.
Somebody going to Hooters.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #10
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
UPS drivers make pretty good money so I’ve never thought about it, but even still nah
Old 12-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #11
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
You allow your rural mail carrier into your house? Uh, I don't think he needs any more tips from you. I think your wife is probably taking real good care of him, if you know what I mean. lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #12
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
You allow your rural mail carrier into your house? Uh, I don't think he needs any more tips from you. I think your wife is probably taking real good care of him, if you know what I mean. lol!

That may explain the rather large tip he gave me last year...oh well, as long as those car parts are on time.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #13
c0r3yr0s3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
That may explain the rather large tip he gave me last year...oh well, as long as those car parts are on time.
I see you have your priorities in order
Old 12-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #14
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
First off....delivery, mail, trash....all make damn good salaries. To have most my packages beat to death (recently ordered 3 of the same item fron 2 different companies and each time fedex delivered me a broken product). To have my mail and packages crammed in my mailbox ( mostly adds) any which way...and usually not delivered till after 5pm. To have trash thrown eveywhere....broken trash cans...and even hitting and damaging my mailbox without telling me.
TIPS?! HAHAHA! I fart in your general direction!
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote