Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
DoubleARS

Drives: 2010 Dodge Challenger
Custom Tunes and Factory Updates

I can't seem to find the information in this forum but I'm sorry if I missed it.

I have letters for my 09 Acadia and my 11 Camaro from GM suggesting that I take my vehicles in for service. On the Acadia, they want to update the ECM because of a premature timing chain wear issue. On the Camaro, they want to update the Body Control Module because of an issue with the AC compressor getting stuck on or not turning off.

If I get custom tunes, will the tuners (either custom tuners like Jannetty or ADM or SCT or Diablosport) be able to provide these same updates?
DoubleARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
bluetorp

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM M6
I don't know what the Acadia update entails, so I can't say. For the Camaro- I'm not aware of any tuning software that really does anything with the BCM, aside from VATS/BCM re-linking, which you can do with HPT and EFI Live.