Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #29
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
I thought warrantys were supposed to be a guarantee that nothing would break if you used it normally for the outlined period of time? Warranty's are usually denied on the basis that you were using the product in a way other than intended, no?

A usb port, especially that quick into service, should not just stop working. That's obviously a defect. They don't "wear out", unless you're repeatedly plugging in and removing the thing like 100 times a day every day for a year.

I do understand the idea behind wear and tear. I'm not going to make GM replace my brake pads and tires, that's obviously a part that wears out, but if my AUX port stops working, you bet they're fixing it.

I just don't understand how BB feels they have a leg to stand on there unless they've got the port specifically outlined in the fine print as a "wear/tear" item.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #30
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
They still have their online store. They closed all their stores for 90 days and re-opened online..
The online store isn't really "Circuit City". The actual company behind it and Comp USA is very dead. Tiger Direct bought both the Circuit City and Comp USA names and rebadged their online store as both. If you go to any of the 3 websites (compusa.com, circuitcity.com, or tigerdirect.com) they are practically identical, and all their prices and promos are the same. Tiger even had retail stores in Florida that they renamed to Circuit City.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 AM   #31
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
If I was working at Best Buy I wouldn't do something like that. But wait, I tried to get a job there and after me calling them 3 times, I gave up.

Sometimes the right people don't get hired for the right job I guess...

I'm also with Berean, I wish Circuit City was still around.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #32
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
UPDATE

So I got a email from the Geek Squad they need more questions. So I stopped by Best Buy today. They can't fix my broken camera. So they were talking about a exchange. Then they just gave me a store credit of $126. So I don't want to buy Fuji crap anymore so I got a brand new Cannon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS. So I'm going to try it out. I guess if I don't like it I can return it in a few days. I'm just soo happy after battling close to 3 weeks I finally got somewhere ha!
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #33
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
That sucks big time. But, look what happened to me at bestbuy the other day, may make u feel better about your misfortune. At least nothing happened to your car. Oh ya and they dont have security cameras outside. But, they sell millions cameras inside the store.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #34
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
That sucks big time. But, look what happened to me at bestbuy the other day, may make u feel better about your misfortune. At least nothing happened to your car. Oh ya and they dont have security cameras outside. But, they sell millions cameras inside the store.

OUCH! That sucks!! I work in retail 40 hours a week and park my camaro. I should be thankful 21 months and no hits on her. I park on the corner spot at work so I can avoid shopping carts and door dings.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #35
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
OUCH! That sucks!! I work in retail 40 hours a week and park my camaro. I should be thankful 21 months and no hits on her. I park on the corner spot at work so I can avoid shopping carts and door dings.
I parked in the very back of the lot, with no cars within 200 ft. And, i was only in bestbuy for 5min. Some people are just assholes.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #36
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
I parked in the very back of the lot, with no cars within 200 ft. And, i was only in bestbuy for 5min. Some people are just assholes.
I have been getting several dirty looks this weekend everytime I walk up to camaro or walk away from it It's funny the first 3 weeks I had it I got a number with a heart shoved under my wiper blade Then I would get people asking me several questions about it. Now all I get is dirty looks
Old 10-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #37
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
I have been getting several dirty looks this weekend everytime I walk up to camaro or walk away from it It's funny the first 3 weeks I had it I got a number with a heart shoved under my wiper blade Then I would get people asking me several questions about it. Now all I get is dirty looks
The upsides and downsides to owning a bad ass car i suppose.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #38
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
The upsides and downsides to owning a bad ass car i suppose.
Yep But the love note was some girl named Brittany. I texted her back and told her sorry I'm a married woman even though I'm single You have to be pretty stupid putting your name and number on a stranger's car
Old 10-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #39
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Yep But the love note was some girl named Brittany. I texted her back and told her sorry I'm a married woman even though I'm single You have to be pretty stupid putting your name and number on a stranger's car
haha for sure. but u should of texted her back your name was ted bundy.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #40
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
haha for sure. but u should of texted her back your name was ted bundy.
I should of played some funny games