Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #15
CTUnlimited

Drives: 2010 2LT Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
CTUnlimited,

My sincere apologizes for the miscommunication on our end.

There are a number of installation procedures which have we've personally documented and have had others document over the past months. The problem though is that we don't have these collated up on our site at moment though

Hopefully this will change in the short term

In the meantime though anyone is more then welcome to contact us direct in regards to after sales tech support 100%

If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve.
No need to apologize! I am just very new at this and paranoid about getting things right! But it seems as though i got it all right now and the people on here cleared things up for me! Thanks for making such good products for us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
Are you talking about the IM to the block or throttle body to the inlet of the IM ? I had nothing between the VMAX and the IM inlet. If I need to get one, that's good info, there was never one there when I changed the to the VMAX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Yeah never had a gasket between my tb and manifold
Yes, between the throttle body to the inlet of the IM there is a thin metal gasket. You guys probably never even noticed it cause it stayed attached to the IM side. Mine stayed stuck to that side but in the process of carrying it into work to ship it, it came off! If you guys take your TB off im sure you will notice there is a gasket there! If not you should probably order one. Only like 3 bucks.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #16
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
mine had the thin metal gasket between the TB and IM as well.
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #17
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTUnlimited View Post
Yes, between the throttle body to the inlet of the IM there is a thin metal gasket. You guys probably never even noticed it cause it stayed attached to the IM side. Mine stayed stuck to that side but in the process of carrying it into work to ship it, it came off! If you guys take your TB off im sure you will notice there is a gasket there! If not you should probably order one. Only like 3 bucks.
Damn, I'm pretty sure I looked it over well because I remember thinking there had to be some sort of seal, but never noted anything on the TB that came off and did not drop anything. Oh well, will order one, sure can't hurt.
Thanks
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #18
CTUnlimited

Id check to see if its stuck on the IM side before you order! Youd have to take it off to put the new on anyways. Mine was on there and I didnt notice it at all till i got to work and it started to come off. Its hard to notice.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #19
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Better to be safe then sorry CTUnlimited for sure
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
CT-
I'm sure you've seen the recommendation to disconnect the battery for a while when doing this many mods.

Still, be prepared for a likely CEL on initial start-up. Doesn't mean there's a real issue, just a little computer confusion caused by all your changes.

They'll clear, and your car is gonna run like a dfferent vehicle .
Have fun!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #21
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Yes, there is a gasket inbetween TB and IM.

Just put my Vmax TB on last week and there was a Gasket. Try the dealership I bought one for $5

Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
The throttle body to IM doesn't have any gaskets. It's a surface to surface installation. Pretty sure you are right on the torque. I read here on another thread about the torque. Do a search or check through the other threads on the MACE installations. Torque is listed here somewhere.
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
CTUnlimited

Ok so I'm putting it all back on and I'm confused on where 4 of the washers i received go. There are 9 washers total. 5 are larger and solid and I assume go with the 5 new bolts for the IM. Then there are 4 smaller washers....where do those go?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
Ventmaster

Those are likely locking washers- broken and a little bent?

Put those on top of the flat (bigger) washers, under the 4 center bolts.
They're designed to prevent the bolt from backing out.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #24
CTUnlimited

I emailed steve and apparently if you have the plenum spacer those washers are pointless and dont go on. I'm all set now. Too bad i cant get the IM bolted on. Got the back bolt on but none of the otgers will screw in. Tried for 45 minutes. So frustrating haha.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #25
Ventmaster

Are the bolts sliding most of the way in? And you're "110% sure" the spacers are in place?

Those spacers are tighter than the orig. bolt holes, probably holding the bolt just out of it's hole.

Can someone hold the IM up a bit so you can see which direction you need to move?

If not, move the front of the IM left and right a little, using the back bolt as a pivot. I'm sure a couple will find their "home".

Might be necessary to pry some of them (long screwdriver?) from underneath, now that the gasket maker is set up on the spacers. They won't move readily, but they'll move!

Good luck and enjoy!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #26
derek19

Drives: 2011 1LT RS
Installed mine today. Is it ok that I installed the manifold gasket on top of the 25mm insulator and not the bottom?
derek19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #27
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek19 View Post
Installed mine today. Is it ok that I installed the manifold gasket on top of the 25mm insulator and not the bottom?
It will be fine
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote