Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
vmcg

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS, Seat Leon
Buying a new ZL1

I'm looking to buy a ZL1 as soon as possible, the main rush being that I have to own it for 6 months in the US before I can ship it back to Ireland and not have to pay import tax, and I'm due to leave the US in October / November so have to move fast.

Like anyone I don't want to pay close to the MSRP then have it drop down when the 6th gen is revealed in 2 weeks. I rang the dealer and they were being usually keen to push the car, I know dealers don't really get too much of a heads up on discounts / pricing but their desperate attempts to deal with me has made me nervous!

Does anyone know if a new model reveal generally has a quick effect on pricing?
vmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Reveal won't.

The purchase price will be affected by the number of cars available and how long they have been on the lot. And that usually won't change until the new models (new model year or new version) start arriving on the lot.

The dealer in question could be just trying to move cars or the car in question may have been on the lot for awhile (or any number of other reasons).
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
vmcg

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS, Seat Leon
Just looking at ZL1's and maybe this is a sign that the prices are already dropping? Even has the Recaros!

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...0249/overview/
vmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Hard to say without seeing their inventory and/or knowing how long it's been on the lot.

Have you spoken with them? That price may include all current incentives, in which case the price isn't as low as it appears.

On a side note, for whatever reason, all of the ZL1's that I've seen on the lot have the polished wheels. Obviously whomever orders the cars prefer shiny wheels. I actually prefer the black. And that's the first yellow ZL1 that I've seen. And a good price, in my opinion.

Also, I just noticed it's a '14. So yes, with the countdown to the '16s in progress, they are likely motivated to move that 14.

Last edited by JimE; 05-01-2015 at 01:43 PM.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote