Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
RSm1thX

Drives: 2005 Acura RSX
price gouging dealer - munday chevrolet in houston

yesterday...my mom and i went to go check on my new camaro that had arrived earlier that day at munday chevrolet in houston. while looking at the camaro...we noticed that the invoice sticker did not have the high wing spoiler that i had ordered with the car (i did not really want it but thats what started everything). we were there to just get the paperwork ready to go in the next day and sign and drive away with the camaro. easier said than done.

i ordered a black on black with cyber gray rally stripes 2ss/rs...while looking at the price they handed us we noticed that they still had the high wing spoiler on the price which the car did not have and they refused to take it off because the tail spoiler (the ss automatically comes with) "had to be worth something". after about 30 minutes of arguing that they better take that off and the dealer threatening to sale the car...we came to a conclusion on the price.

we began to talk about my trade in...a 2005 acura rsx which is easily worth at least 12k, but they would only give us 8500. we told them that we would sell it outside unless they made a better offer for my car. the dealer then began to threaten us again saying "there have been about 30 people wanting to buy this car and i could sell this car easily if you do not want it". we never said we never wanted the camaro, as this dealer may have already had his mind set on to not sell me my own pre-ordered camaro.

...finally before we left we concluded with a set price on just the camaro.

today...my mom and i called around for the best credit union rates. after picking a credit union it took about 3 hours to finish all the paperwork that was needed. when the credit union tried to call munday chevrolet for information about the car, they refused to give our own credit union some information. we then called munday to share the information as the credit union had called to tell us munday was not being helpful.
...finally munday then sent the invoice to both the credit union and myself via fax. my mom then noticed that munday had added a protection plan which we did not sign up for nor knew anything about which was 1500. this plan was supposably to protect the paint and make it shinier...the fact the a black car is already shiny...how would we know if they actually added what they said they added? my mom then called munday to ask what was going on with that protection plan as we had already agreed on a price the night before. the dealer repeated again, "you either pay the 1500 extra or leave the car and we will sell it to another customer". my mom then asked for the manager which was not there at the time but later returned her call saying that "we either take it as is or leave it". we also called another local dealership to confirm if it was a standard protection and robbins chevrolet confirmed that it was an optional plan.

we had already got a loan for 24k and now we would have to redo it to get a 26k loan instead because of this add on. we had also put down 2k when we pre-ordered the car back in january. we were planning on putting 3k more down plus the money we would get for the acura rsx.

...my mom will call gm tomorrow to complain about the situation while im at work to see how this will be settled and if nothing would happen...even though ive waited for this camaro since it debuted i will look to get another car thats not a gm vehicle.
RSm1thX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #2
WySilverado

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro M6 Synergy Green
That sucks but GM has nothing to do with it,some of these Dealers are creeps.Maybe you can work it out with the Dealership,a complaint to GM won't hurt but the Dealer is praying you walk away from the Car so they can hit someone else up for 3grand.........
WySilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:06 AM   #3
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Is that the Black LS they have?

VIN 2G1FA1EV4A9108011

WTF 34 grand like 10 over?

Fail detected...

Ford dealers in Houston have base 2010 Mustangs for 18-19.. well under sticker
and offering zero apr deals.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:03 AM   #4
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
SH*T Here we go again!
RSm1thX - The Camaro5 members have done battle for folks who've gotten the same BS that you have, BUT sometimes there is a piece of info the OP left out. I think we can do the same for you but I think you'd need to post copies of your paperwork (omitting the confidential stuff) before we start a "gentleman's (or gentleperson's to be PC) non threatening" email campaign directed towards the dealer.
It's sometimes worked out in the end.
BTW - while the dealer is price gouging you, this term has generally been used by forum members pre-sale, not after. You may want to either start another thread and ask the moderators to merge this with the new one, calling the new one something like "Munday Chevy in Houston Screwed Me on Delivery Day". Your thread may get more attention.

Mine at sunset

Last edited by KJS; 05-29-2009 at 06:33 AM.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #5
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSm1thX View Post
yesterday...my mom and i went to go check on my new camaro that had arrived earlier that day at munday chevrolet in houston. while looking at the camaro...we noticed that the invoice sticker did not have the high wing spoiler that i had ordered with the car (i did not really want it but thats what started everything). we were there to just get the paperwork ready to go in the next day and sign and drive away with the camaro. easier said than done.

i ordered a black on black with cyber gray rally stripes 2ss/rs...while looking at the price they handed us we noticed that they still had the high wing spoiler on the price which the car did not have and they refused to take it off because the tail spoiler (the ss automatically comes with) "had to be worth something". after about 30 minutes of arguing that they better take that off and the dealer threatening to sale the car...we came to a conclusion on the price.

we began to talk about my trade in...a 2005 acura rsx which is easily worth at least 12k, but they would only give us 8500. we told them that we would sell it outside unless they made a better offer for my car. the dealer then began to threaten us again saying "there have been about 30 people wanting to buy this car and i could sell this car easily if you do not want it". we never said we never wanted the camaro, as this dealer may have already had his mind set on to not sell me my own pre-ordered camaro.

today...my mom and i called around for the best credit union rates. after picking a credit union it took about 3 hours to finish all the paperwork that was needed. when the credit union tried to call munday chevrolet for information about the car, they refused to give our own credit union some information. we then called munday to share the information as the credit union had called to tell us munday was not being helpful.
...finally munday then sent the invoice to both the credit union and myself via fax. my mom then noticed that munday had added a protection plan which we did not sign up for nor knew anything about which was 1500. this plan was supposably to protect the paint and make it shinier...the fact the a black car is already shiny...how would we know if they actually added what they said they added? my mom then called munday to ask what was going on with that protection plan as we had already agreed on a price the night before. the dealer repeated again, "you either pay the 1500 extra or leave the car and we will sell it to another customer". my mom then asked for the manager which was not there at the time but later returned her call saying that "we either take it as is or leave it". we also called another local dealership to confirm if it was a standard protection and robbins chevrolet confirmed that it was an optional plan.

we had already got a loan for 24k and now we would have to redo it to get a 26k loan instead because of this add on. we had also put down 2k when we pre-ordered the car back in january. we were planning on putting 3k more down plus the money we would get for the acura rsx.

...my mom will call gm tomorrow to complain about the situation while im at work to see how this will be settled and if nothing would happen...even though ive waited for this camaro since it debuted i will look to get another car thats not a gm vehicle.
What a bunch of stupid moronic crooks that work at that dealership.. Time to boycott Munday Chevrolet in Houston..
Old 05-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #6
jking

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSm1thX View Post

Unfreakinbelievable. The dealer is basically blackmailing you into paying for more than you signed up for, not to mention adding options that you didn't order. Then threaten you to take it or leave it as they admitted they can sell it to someone else. That is simple blackmail!!!

If it were me, I'd raise holy hell and get the media and a lawyer involved. A load of emails from Camaro5 to the dealership will help as well. I will certainly be one of those emails!!! This dealership needs to be called out and held accountable for their actions.
jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #7
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
"Gotta have that True-Coat" -from (Fargo). Sorry, I know its not funny and hopefuly no one else will order or buy from this crummy dealer.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:02 AM   #8
RSm1thX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Is that the Black LS they have?

VIN 2G1FA1EV4A9108011

WTF 34 grand like 10 over?

Fail detected...

Ford dealers in Houston have base 2010 Mustangs for 18-19.. well under sticker
and offering zero apr deals.
no...its a black 2ss/rs - VIN A9106997
Old 05-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
RSm1thX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
SH*T Here we go again!
RSm1thX - The Camaro5 members have done battle for folks who've gotten the same BS that you have, BUT sometimes there is a piece of info the OP left out. I think we can do the same for you but I think you'd need to post copies of your paperwork (omitting the confidential stuff) before we start a "gentleman's (or gentleperson's to be PC) non threatening" email campaign directed towards the dealer.
It's sometimes worked out in the end.
BTW - while the dealer is price gouging you, this term has generally been used by forum members pre-sale, not after. You may want to either start another thread and ask the moderators to merge this with the new one, calling the new one something like "Munday Chevy in Houston Screwed Me on Delivery Day". Your thread may get more attention.
i will do that...thanks for the help.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #10
N6504X

Drives: 2007 F-150 KR
Just my opinion, and I don't know how old you are, but you seem rather young; I think the dealership is treating you this way because you're just a kid in their eyes, and your mom is "just a woman". Sad, but I think you are being disrespected by your dealer.

There are going to be several pre-ordered 2SS/RS cars that will become available, at sticker, in the coming weeks as they start to file into the dealerships and people back out for various reasons, so don't feel like you don't have options. You can see it starting already.

They had no right to spray anything extra on the paint (not that they actually did) on a special order car. If you have a workbench copy with a 3800 code on it, it will have your VIN# and build details, in addition to your name and order code. That is a valuable document, because if you put down a deposit, it became non-refundable once your order was assigned a VIN#, which was also the point at which your order became unchangeable.
At that point you are bound to purchase by the terms of your written sales agreement or risk losing your deposit, and they are bound, since they hold a non-refundable deposit, to sell you the vehicle as you ordered it at the price on your sales agreement, or for lack of a specific price, at the price described, i.e, MSRP, for example. If they renege, they breach a contract.
You need a middle aged man in a suit to accompany you to visit the manager. You are being railroaded because of your demographics. South Texas....DAMM
Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #11
RSm1thX

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6504X View Post
Just my opinion, and I don't know how old you are, but you seem rather young; I think the dealership is treating you this way because you're just a kid in their eyes, and your mom is "just a woman". Sad, but I think you are being disrespected by your dealer.

There are going to be several pre-ordered 2SS/RS cars that will become available, at sticker, in the coming weeks as they start to file into the dealerships and people back out for various reasons, so don't feel like you don't have options. You can see it starting already.

They had no right to spray anything extra on the paint (not that they actually did) on a special order car. If you have a workbench copy with a 3800 code on it, it will have your VIN# and build details, in addition to your name and order code. That is a valuable document, because if you put down a deposit, it became non-refundable once your order was assigned a VIN#, which was also the point at which your order became unchangeable.
At that point you are bound to purchase by the terms of your written sales agreement or risk losing your deposit, and they are bound, since they hold a non-refundable deposit, to sell you the vehicle as you ordered it at the price on your sales agreement, or for lack of a specific price, at the price described, i.e, MSRP, for example. If they renege, they breach a contract.
You need a middle aged man in a suit to accompany you to visit the manager. You are being railroaded because of your demographics. South Texas....DAMM
yes we believe that is the reason as well...because im buying my first car...i am 18 about to be 19 in a few weeks and my mother is of course a women.
we down right told that dealer that we hate that he is trying to take advantage of us because of that.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #12
jking

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6504X View Post
Yep, I agree, and it's BS! I also agree with bringing someone with you. Does your mother have a lawyer friend perhaps? That will help.

We're all on your side bud.
jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:25 AM   #13
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Are these dealers smoking crack or something(or the car is like crack to them)
Do dealers like this realize they are doing damage to GM's image and shooting themselves in the foot at the same time
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #14
Dukeboy01

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS; 2001 Silverado
It's the perfect storm of dealer douchebaggery. Hot Car + (currently) low supply + impending GM bankruptcy + potential dealership closings = normally unethical people behaving even more unethically.
Dukeboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote