Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #15
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladykiller View Post
Still awaiting your response. I sent you PM's with the required info.
I asked the same question way back, they just say ask the dealer.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Have you checked out http://www.proclipusa.com/ ?

Here's my proclip setup. (though I don't think my particular mount is compatible with 2012+ newer Camaros due to the leather trim on the dash.)

I have the Garmin 50LM that I bought for $100 on sale. Lifetime maps for free and works awesome! The proclip ran me around $60 I believe.
I like this one better:
http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-...705-13241.cmsv

It doesn't block the vent and is higher and easier to see while driving even than factory Nav.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #17
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1

It can be done, was quoted like 1700 for the upgrade. See the video. ^^^ Contact Joc at Brookhaven Motors 972-322-0989.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladykiller View Post
Still awaiting your response. I sent you PM's with the required info.
Hello Ladykiller,

I was able to receive some information today I was waiting on and updated you via private message.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #19
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanti View Post
There are other posts on this subject. I had the aftermarket version professionally installed and couldn't be happier with it. You can find details on my install, who did it, cost, etc. in another post.
What version did you install? How much did it cost? Easy install?
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #20
Asanti

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1bro View Post
What version did you install? How much did it cost? Easy install?
I ordered this one, had it installed by a professional in the Indianapolis area at a total cost of around $1,500 parts and labor. It took them from around 10am to 4:30pm to complete. Although it doesn't tie into the HUD, it is super in all other ways. Would do it again.
Asanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #21
WLNY

Drives: ZL1
This http://www.waze.com/ is better than any Garmin or OEM Nav system you can get.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #22
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello Ladykiller,

I was able to receive some information today I was waiting on and updated you via private message.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Why can't you just post this? We all want to know what the options are. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #23
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnice View Post
Why can't you just post this? We all want to know what the options are. Thanks.
djnice,

We handle all vehicle concerns on a case by case basis generally. For this issue, there is no option at this point to upgrade to the navigation feature once the vehicle has left the factory. It is possible for this to change in the future, but nothing is available presently.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #25
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
djnice,

We handle all vehicle concerns on a case by case basis generally. For this issue, there is no option at this point to upgrade to the navigation feature once the vehicle has left the factory. It is possible for this to change in the future, but nothing is available presently.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Okay. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #26
Xiclutchz--
YG.Trece

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro z28 2015
I know I’m late but does some one knows if I can just switch the face on my non nav mylink and just replace it with one with hard Nav button?? Or do I need radio to ? Which I have but if I bought both used will I be able to work just installing it do I still need a harness/reprogramming ?I don’t want that aftermarket crap no offense but I like the car looking gm from inside
Xiclutchz-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:44 PM   #27
Crn2

Drives: blxk
in california my link up grade

hi I want to upgrade to my link stereo I have 2010 any one knows of a place in California ???? please help
Crn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:09 AM   #28
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiclutchz-- View Post
I know I’m late but does some one knows if I can just switch the face on my non nav mylink and just replace it with one with hard Nav button?? Or do I need radio to ? Which I have but if I bought both used will I be able to work just installing it do I still need a harness/reprogramming ?I don’t want that aftermarket crap no offense but I like the car looking gm from inside
I have a 2014 Camaro that from the factory she had MyLink, rearview camera, heated seats but NO NAVIGATION. Like many I never thought I would need Navigation being I had a very nice 7" Garmin that I have used in both my 68 Charger and 96 SS. Problem was I could never find a location that was not truly distracting.

I quickly gave up on the dealership it that was far to costly, would have been cheaper to trade vehicles.

Another Forum Member led me to GEN5DIY (telephone as of May 2017 was 928-505-1383), there I dealt with "Jarod". I found Jarod to be "extremely" knowledgeable as well has very helpful. Jarod explained the entire procedure as well as directing me to a video of the install. Trust me it was easy!

From GEN5DIY I order a refurbished head unit (radio it's self) that would be programmed to my VIN number, included programing, map update, removal of motion lock as well as adding lines on the backup camera. The cost was $860.00.

You can actually use the navigation without changing the faceplate however I believe you will not have the "touch screen". From the Forum I was able to purchase just a used extremely nice face plate from another Forum member. Make sure if you go this route the face plate matches what your vehicle has for options, like heated seats!

With both parts in hand I would say the entire change over took me about one hour. Took a little longer because I kept stopping and admiring my work!

Once installed I turned the car on and there it was Navigation with touch screen, actually better than what would have come from the factory. Called XM radio to change over to the new unit, gave them the unit ID and that was done.

All together I spent about $1K, was it worth it, to me YES.

I believe there are times where service representatives make the task sound much more complicated than it actually is so they can get your business. This was not difficult by any means! I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground with it comes to electronics but I can read and follow directions.

You might want to call Jarod at GEN5DIY, I am sure he will give you some honest advise.