Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

View Poll Results: T Tops or Carbon Fiber?
T Tops 14 73.68%
Carbon Fiber Conversion (Fenders, doors, etc) 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #729
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
+1, I noticed a few things like the red halos, white blinker lights, missing zl1 fog light bezels, but I didnt put it together whose car it was

Old 07-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #730
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Whoa Pyro! I never knew that your car was the Tron car!
Quote:
+1, I noticed a few things like the red halos, white blinker lights, missing zl1 fog light bezels, but I didnt put it together whose car it was
Quote:
Yup, my little monster lol. Surprised how viral it went!

Haven't been posting whats going on with the car lately because havent really touched it in a while! Upcoming on the car, is installing the intake when I get some time, getting it tuned to a solid 900-950whp.

We're also modifying the wastegates sometime in early august. instead of having the wastegates dump directly into the exhaust, we will be having the waste gates dump out through their own pipe.

Also working on a way to create a side exhaust exit, similiar to the the SLR. At this point, I still need to figure out how to get a 3" pipe around my skidplate with out going under it. I found a company that makes exhaust piping that is oval, and "frame clearance" piping.

They make a 3" pipe that is only 2 1/4" height wise! I think this might be my best bet at getting around my skidplate. Anyone who has tranny mount turbos know what huge ground clearance issues we have!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #731
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Josh, those oval pipes are the shit. Good stuff!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #732
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Whoa Pyro! I never knew that your car was the Tron car!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Josh, those oval pipes are the shit. Good stuff!
lol I hope they work. Have you heard anything good or bad about them? This is the only company I know of that does this!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #733
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Good: they fit in tight spaces, quality stainless. Iirc

Bad: $$$$ and a little more difficult for turns/bends etc. but sure Luke can handle it!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #734
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Well I'll be getting started on installing the intake this week! Pictures will be posted tomorrow. I'll also be polishing the valve covers for a cleaner look!

Another small project I'll be getting started on will be redesigning the coil pack mounting brackets on Solidworks and getting the new design CNC'd in aluminum and tilting the coil packs 45* for a little different look. I finally have the chance to get back into CAD! pretty exciting for me lol.

Over the next month, I'll be working on cleaning up the engine bay, thanks to this very helpful thread! If you haven't seen it yet check it out!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188393

Old 08-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #735
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Got the Ozmo carbon fiber intake installed over this past week. We ran into a couple issues, but nothing big. The intake tube needed to be modified a tad because the TB sticks out a little further than stock; nothing a little welding cant help! We also switched from the red aeromotive fuel rails to polished fuel rails for a cleaner look.

I was able to do a lot myself, taking off the intake, swapping injectors, and reconnecting the fuel rails and system up.

All I can say about the intake is.....wow! looks freaking awesome in my engine bay!

Once I get some time, the heads will be coming off as well as the valley cover, so I can polish them to a shine to match the runners!

Here's a couple pictures of the install and what it looks like right now.

Removing the stock intake manifold

Modifiying the intake pipe

Finished product.....sorta!

From the last picture, a small part of the tube is hitting the hood. I will be taking off a little more of the intake tube on the bottom so hopefully it won't rub anymore. I will also be taking off the intake tube, removing the powercoating, and polishing it myself for a cleaner look.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #736
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

If you take a look at some of the pictures in the last post, you'll notice my fuel system fittings are red and blue. I never really cared for the color because it never went with the theme of the car. I've ordered black anodized fittings and line to clean up the look of the engine bay.

I have also popped off the valve covers to polish them to match my intake. They should be done later this week if I have time.

The more I look at the engine bay, I realize how much I can clean it up. The coil pack mounting plates are now off. I have taken measurements of them and am redesigning them in Solidworks so they have a slight angle to them. I used to work at a machine shop, so the new design for the mounting plates will be CNC'd in aluminum, then polished by me to match the valve covers.

The spark plug wires will also be black to match my fuel system fittings.

I'm also going to be redoing the wiring for the fuel injectors. I'll be replacing the terminals with black ones, and wrapping the exposed wires with black heat shrink so they don't stand out.

I obviously have quite the list of what I would like to do, but I think it will have an awesome end result!

Old 08-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #737
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
awesome looking intake, will no doubt change your tune some

nice car bro.....
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #738
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBDesigns View Post
awesome looking intake, will no doubt change your tune some

nice car bro.....
Thanks, if everything goes as planned, it should get tuned on Wednesday in SoCal. I'm shooting for a minimum of 850whp and pretty damn close to 1000tq!

Already said it, but can't wait to see your car at SEMA. Trying to get mine in too, but nothing has worked out so far....

Old 08-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #739
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Well looks like im off to SoCal for tuning tonight. I should have some numbers Wednesday or Thursday!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #740
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Well looks like im off to SoCal for tuning tonight. I should have some numbers Wednesday or Thursday!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #741
AutoBot Racing
V8

Drives: ss

Last edited by AutoBot Racing; 08-25-2012 at 12:22 AM.
AutoBot Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #742
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

No tuning this week.....tuner was pretty busy so hoping for early next week. On the bright side, ordered a new set of hose ends and line to redo my fuel system in the engine bay. All the red/blue fittings will be replaced with black anodized fittings. For today, the intake is off, valve covers and valley cover will be polished depending on time today. I'll post some pics later in the day on my progress!

Since I have some free time, I might actually get around to installing my backup camera this weekend!

Tags
carbon fiber intake, goldrush rally 4, the neighbor hater, tron camaro, twin turbo