Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:54 AM   #197
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Given the fact that the majority of people buying these cars aren't planning to be race heads, your point is moot. More non-racers will buy these cars then you think, the majority sold will be V6s so I'm pretty sure people buying the V6s aren't worried about being the fastest and worrying about the weight of the car.
I can attest to the fact that I will never race anyone with my Camaro , my life is much too valueble to me and others. I will however being backing up occasionally
Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 AM   #198
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
I spoke with my dealer about this today. He read directly from the same letter quoted in earlier posts. He then confirmed that, for my camaro (order status 3300, TPW 09/07), they will NOT be adding the rear parking assist sensors. Basically, if your order is currently in the system as of the day the letter came out (yesterday?), and if your are at or beyond status 2000, don't plan on seeing this addition to your car. Also, he did confirm that the price would increase by $295.00.

I asked if it could be special-ordered or added later...he thinks it would be one hell of an aftermarket add-on because of the wiring and rear bumper mods that would be needed. He was not optimistic.

I'm kind of bummed...would like to have the feature. He said I could cancel my current order and place a new order...I said NO THANKS!

I'll live without it and have my RJT by the end of Sep!
In the same situation exactly. I would have liked it, but so be it.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #199
Sstac

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
--I haven't had the chance to read thru the entire thread but I'll add my two cents....

We discussed this with our Camaro Disciples because we felt it was important to get the Enthusiast point of view. (It was my belief that more buyers who did not necessarily ever own a Camaro would want this feature....and I wish I'd held off buying Mom Settlemire her Camaro just to get this feature) The disciples felt that it was well worth offering.

In a perfect world, we'd offer every option as a 'free-standing' option.....but it would certainly add substantial cost if we didn't have packages -- further, it makes assembly much more difficult and more mistakes could occur.

We were the last manufacturer, I believe, to 'de-proliferate' -- the Imports have very few choices -- Stripped, Middle, Loaded -- that's it.......

So the decision was not made in a vacuum.....

We worked hard to make the system as concealed as possible. You receive an audible warning -- no lights.
maybe it will put some people at ease if we had a picture of what it will look like on our camaros?
2000, Accepted By GM
09-1-09
3000, Order accepted by production control 09-1-09 TPW 09-21-09
3300, Order scheduled for production 09/11/09
3400, Order broadcast 09-12-09
3800, Order produced 09-22-09
4000, Available to ship 09-23-09
4200, Shipped 09-24-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 10/12/09
* Picked up 10/12/09
Old 08-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #200
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ View Post
WHY, WHY, WHY...

all these lazy, spoiled, features to make our driving experience easier and more user friendly. I perfer to be in control, not some computer telling me what to do.

What this does do is make people become more dependant on safety features and gizmos instead of learning how to really drive a car. Like having a pair of training wheels on a bike..And we wonder why there are so many bad drivers out there today.. cause they dont have to learn how to really think & drive, the car freakin tells them what to do.

Use the freakin mirrors and learn how to drive, instead of depending on some sensor to tell you when to stop. It is like they are making the cars idoit proof now days.....

I want more muscle and less weight for a better driving experience!

I haven't used this in a while, but it's as good a time as any...

Old 08-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #201
bologdl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
I would rather have sensors in the front bumper as you have no idea wear it is. The after market web site has kits for both front and rear bumpers.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #202
JJB

Drives: '15 BMW 228i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post

go away, your part of the reason why the 4th gen went away to begin with (along with your whinning how things should be options and the way you want them which increases costs and when only so few people buy those things well then a car goes the way of the dodo)

Yeah, and while we're at it, how about a third row of seats and four doors? People love that stuff! They'll be ordering in droves! That'll cement the Camaro's place in the future.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #203
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post

in all honesty, who the **** are you?

are you the general public?
are you the panel of 12 gear heads that were the ones who suggested that this be a good idea?
i can not understand some of you people with your high ******* horse attitude that you need what you want and there's nothing else about it.
go away, your part of the reason why the 4th gen went away to begin with (along with your whinning how things should be options and the way you want them which increases costs and when only so few people buy those things well then a car goes the way of the dodo)
realize for once and for all that this car is meant to appeal to all people of all walks of life and that's the way it needs to be if you still want to drive a camaro in 5 years.

take it with a grain of salt that cause they add one or two features that it causese enough of the general public to buy enough camaro's that the next powerhouse is a feasible developement through GM.

pardon my language but i am so damn sick and tired of people bitching about things that in the end are the better for a car they supposedly care about (when in fact all they care about is themselves 94% of the time).

and one more thing. just for a second think that people might actually enjoy this feature. i drive perfectly well on my own and dont need a system, but if there's something that lets me know when i'm 1-2 feet away from a car behind me while i'm parellel parking, then i wont need to put the car in neutral and hike up my parking brake just so i can step outside and make sure that i'm not about to hit the guy behind me thanks to that beautiful high honched rear end.

and to those who put a damnation to technology that helps people (and in many cases gives people a crutch) go screw yourself and ride around on a LSX 454 sled with 4 wheels and a tranny, there's your barebones ride.

//end rant
I am sick of posers who claim to be enthusiest. Putting this lame system on the Camaro isn't going to make one person change their mind to buy it over a competitive vehicle. maybe not on the 1SS? Of course I am sure HUD won't be either.........sheesh

The list grows.

1. Remove Onstar
2. Remove shark fin
3. Remove parking assist.
4. Remove tq management.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #204
raptor_demon

Drives: 2009 Jetta SE
Personally i like the fact we are getting new features. I'd rather have the option to remove them myself than not have the option at all.

Everyone has ideas of what they want and don't want. It doesn't come down to driving skill, its just a convienince that some people would like.

The HUD would be cool, needed no, but still a cool feature that we might want to have as an option.

I am a tech guy so any technology for me is a great to have.

Alot of people like creature comforts, choice is key.

Raptor
Old 08-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #205
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDOG View Post
Back up sensors on your muscle cars, not good. I have them on our minivan and thats where they belong. Bet ya the Mustang and Challenger forums will have a field day with this option.
Just ask the Challenger owners if they received oars with their "boats" when they bought em.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #206
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
HUD won't be free either....the more goodies, the more price gets out of reach.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #207
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ View Post
WHY, WHY, WHY...

all these lazy, spoiled, features to make our driving experience easier and more user friendly. I perfer to be in control, not some computer telling me what to do.

What this does do is make people become more dependant on safety features and gizmos instead of learning how to really drive a car. Like having a pair of training wheels on a bike..And we wonder why there are so many bad drivers out there today.. cause they dont have to learn how to really think & drive, the car freakin tells them what to do.

Use the freakin mirrors and learn how to drive, instead of depending on some sensor to tell you when to stop. It is like they are making the cars idoit proof now days.....

I want more muscle and less weight for a better driving experience!
People on the internet sure do love to bitch and complain. This thread was meant to be an informative thread by the respected CamaroScotty, not a place for you to stand up and announce your better-than-everyone-else driving skills. Stop living in the past, people. As I said earlier... I don't see anyone complaining about power windows, power mirrors, etc... You people just have to have something to complain about, so you can stand out from the crowd and look "cool" in front of everyone. But instead, you just look like pure ass. Congratulations.

Clearly you missed it, so here you go:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=100

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
This is getting really irritating...

For people like this... The "anti-technology" people... Along with the "gotta-be-a-manual" people... Trying to keep everything old school, and do-it-yourself... Why not get rid of power windows while you're at it? You have arms, you can crank them windows down manually! And power mirrors? Screw 'em! I'm sure you have a friend that wouldn't mind sitting in the passenger seat and adjust them for you. What about power steering? Don't you want to "feel" like you're actually steering the car? And no key fobs for you either. How about manually unlocking your door with your key from now on... That should make you feel more comfortable.

You see... technology is moving forward... little by little, car manufacturers are adding new features to help us... That does not mean people don't know how to do stuff. Do we not know how to roll up an old-school window? Or adjust a mirror? Of course we can, if necessary. But these new technologies are there to help. Do you think people bitched and complained about the first wheel being invented? "You're using what?! To make transporting stuff easier?! You fail at life! You have arms and legs, just walk and carry that stuff over your shoulder!"

Meanwhile, you are sitting on the internet... the most technologically advanced and "convenient" form of communication we currently have... Why don't you go back to hand-writing letters and sending them in the mail?

Or better yet, just go back into your cave while the rest of the world advances around you.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #208
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Well said. I know I don't want to go back to roll-up windows and non-power steering. That sucked.
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Old 08-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #209
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB View Post
Yeah, and while we're at it, how about a third row of seats and four doors? People love that stuff! They'll be ordering in droves! That'll cement the Camaro's place in the future.
were talking about mid MY changes, not revamps of the platform... think in terms of the overall idea. can you really compare a 2 door addition to a pack of 4 sensors the size of quarters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
I am sick of posers who claim to be enthusiest. Putting this lame system on the Camaro isn't going to make one person change their mind to buy it over a competitive vehicle. maybe not on the 1SS? Of course I am sure HUD won't be either.........sheesh

The list grows.

1. Remove Onstar
2. Remove shark fin
4. Remove tq management.
pardon me good sir but you dont even drive a camaro, you drive it's cousin. poser i am not with my restored 73 z and my 2010 2ss.

you may think it wont change any minds. but why would the people (15 of 12) that helped make this car what it is agree with the idea if it was sooooo off beat?

again, think overall and not just your own needs and wants. think of what a new camaro owner would want, not the one who is through and throughout bred to love this car.

for the love of all things camaro please read the above two comments!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #210
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB View Post
Thanks for trying but, you fail. Two extra doors and a third row of seats fundamentally changes what type of car it is. The addition of a sensor does not.

Honestly, your only real beef is "I don't like it so it shouldn't be in there."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post

The list grows.

1. Remove Onstar
2. Remove shark fin
4. Remove tq management.
And just who died and made you the god of all things enthusiast? Just because someone else may like and want those things does not mean they're not an enthusiast, it just means they have different taste than you are.

Its getting to the point, it seems like people are just looking for things to bitch about. If all you can do is look for things to bitch about, and especially if that bitching is about included features, perhaps you need to look into another vehicle, like maybe one made before 1970. If you buy a modern ****ing car, don't be surprised when it has modern ****ing features...

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...

Closed Thread