Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2015, 10:35 AM   #127
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Ok, here's my story (sorry it's long). In High School I got my Dad's 1978 Firebird Formula. My dad is a car guy and it rubbed off. I loved that Firebird and I kept it as nice as I could being in High School and college. My Junior year in college we had a pretty bad winter and I decided I needed an SUV. I traded the Firebird for a GMC Jimmy. It was a great truck but it wasn't a Firebird. Fast forward 18 years, several SUVs, a truck and a Jeep later and approaching 40, I wanted a sports car again. My wife had gotten the last "newer" car and I was driving my $4k Jeep as a daily driver. Since it was my turn for a car, I started saving up for a down payment. In March of 2013 on my day off I went to a Chevy dealership that I had used in the past and wanted to see about test driving a Camaro. The salesman there pretty much blew me off since I told him up front I was just wanting to test drive one and see if it was what I liked. After being put off for a test drive and frankly being irritated, I went to another Chevy dealership in town and as I pulled up, a salesman approached me. I said, "What's a guy have to do to test drive a Camaro?" and the salesman replied, "I've got one, gimme a second to grab the keys". So he takes me to a used 2013 gray SS with a manual tranny. I'm not a pro at a manual at this point but what hell right? I get in the Camaro and I'm in heaven from the minute I start it up! I'm grinning ear to ear when it's over. I call up my dad and tell him I finally test drove one and that it was awesome. My dad then calls up my uncle (who worked for Allison Transmission) to see if he would be able to get me employee pricing on a new Camaro. My uncle says "no problem" and to just let him know when I'm ready. At this point I still can't afford it just yet. In August, I start looking seriously but I just can't seem to find the right one. At this point, I tell my self that I'm only doing this once so I need to get what I want. In mid-September, I order exactly what I want from the dealership that actually let me test drive one. On Halloween, I picked up my 2014 2SS AGM 1LE. This is the first new car I've ever purchased! Yeah, I only drive it on nice days but it can put a smile on my face on the worst of them. My uncle that helped me get into my 1LE died in January. I really wished I could have gotten it back to Indiana so he could have seen it and taken a ride with me. I did send him a framed photo (copy of the photo is in my profile) that I took of it last year for helping me but I'm sure he's smiling down each time it starts up!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:11 PM   #128
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Had a '68 SS 396 as a teenager in 1975. Sold it in 1976 when I went in the Army. 2nd, 3rd, 4th Gen never interested me much. When I saw the 5th Gen concept in 2006 I said then if they build it I would get one.

When Oct 13, 2008 came around I placed my order and took possession on June 25, 2009. 91K miles and still drives like new but with more power. Need to see 6th Gen to decide if I want to trade or add to the stable.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:21 PM   #129
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I aquired (ordered new) my first camaro as a result of trying to talk my brother out of the same camaro back in '01. He says to me, "Just look at what this car comes with", which was (back then) a 325 hp ls1, leather interior, 500 watt Monsoon stereo, t-tops, and outrageously quick acceleration. I caught "Camaro Fever" that same afternoon. The rest was history.

Fast forward to 2010, and after my first camaro and then a muscular SUV, I got the craving for an even more powerful camaro. My first deep fling for a 5th gen was with the SLP ZL575. I was really hot for this car; It was a fantasy for me, but the asking price was really out of reach at that time. I waited, and then Chevy introduced its ZL1; At that moment I was in love again. The asking price was still a stretch, but I waited and saved my coins until the right moment.

2013 was the year that I figured that I needed to make my move. I waited a bit, and then when the refresh of the 5th gen arrived in April of '13, I decided to get ready for the purchase. I was even going to wait a bit longer before buying a ZL1, but by August and with the news of Recaros being added to the Camaros, I knew it was time to buy one. I shopped around for my best deal, and by October I scored a deal, and the rest was history!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:03 PM   #130
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
First one was a Z28 back in 2000. Toss up between a Trans Am and the Camaro. Didn't like the spoiler on the TA.

2013: 12/13. GM had bumped my GM card $$ from $800 to $3K, due to expire at the end of year. Found another $1K coupon online. Wanted the old taillights on a white or blue 1SS with M6 and dual mode. Found just one within reasonable distance. During a break in bad weather took my '08 Mustang down, got top dollar for it in trade, plus under invoice for the Camaro, minus all the rebates, etc. Drove the SS home and have been delighted with it ever since.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:36 PM   #131
chevyboy01438

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Always wanted one, and my wife said no. Convinced her to finally let me get a firebird. After a month of having the bird a newer camaro pulled up beside me and reved his engine. We took off and he left me instantly lol. 2 weeks later i just went and bought my camaro, and begged for forgiveness Now she enjoys it just as much

11/30/17 | Club F1FTY
chevyboy01438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #132
dmaxwellh

Drives: 2015 ZL-1
My story....

I was the happy owner of a '13 GT500. But in December, I just wanted to sit inside of a C7. I stopped at the local Chevy dealer and hopped into a white C7 just to try it on for size. Then, sitting next to the Corvette was a bright yellow ZL1 with a 20% off window sticker. After a few days of deliberation, I just couldn't pass on this deal. I took home a 2015 ZL1 with navigation, carbon fiber, and suede package for $46,212 plus tax. Now I understand why the Camaro has come out on top in most comparisons. I, too, think it is better, much better...
Attached Images

dmaxwellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:08 PM   #133
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Black Friday two years ago, my wife wanted to get some deals on things. We don't do a lot of shopping for unnecessary stuff, but this seemed like a good opportunity to get a few things. Some of the businesses demonstrated respect to America's Thanksgiving holiday and opened early on Friday instead of late on Thursday, so we stuck to those.

After hitting several stores in Mrs. Blur's Chevy Sonic, she drove us to the next destination. I sat in the passenger seat, reading Camaro5 posts as she drove. We turned right, hitting the typical bumps marking the separation of a lot from a Pensacola road.

I looked up and saw a huge Chevrolet sign and asked, "Are you sure?"
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #134
jclax01

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
I walked into a dealers office on May 26th around 3 pm. took a test drive. signed a few papers. drove home with the 2015 Camaro around 5:30 pm..... end of story.
jclax01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #135
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Lease was up on my Cruz. Needed to pick up something else. Since having relocated to the south, it was no longer a necessity to have, at a minimum, front wheel drive. Test drove my car, was pleasantly surprised. Going from 32mpg to 21-24 or so would kinda suck with the amount of mileage I was doing at the time, but figured... what the hell. Told myself it'll just be a daily, no need to mess with it. Yeah that lasted all of a week.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #136
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Nov 28 2014. A date which will forever be etched in my memory.

Went up to a Chevy dealer deliberately looking to buy a Camaro. The original sales rep i was speaking to over the phone, couldnt show up so i was dealing with another rep. I told him it specifically had to be yellow with black stripes, a manual transmission and have the 7 inch my link display screen. He couldn't locate an SS in that color combination anywhere in the country, so he went to look for a LT or LS. Long story short, he found a '14 2LT at a local dealer in Atlanta. Signed the paper work, toured the dealership lot and facilities and went back on the road. Had to wait 5 LONG, and i mean LONG days until i had enough time in between loads to go up to the dealership to get Bee. I haul ass into the dealership going straight for the reps desk, when out of the corner of my eye I see a yellow and black Camaro sitting underneath the deck. I dam near blow out an ACL stopping mid stride to go see if it was my car. Go outside and see Bee for the first time and dam near faint. Wanted one ever since 7-4-7 and finally after 7+ years a dream came true.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #137
BkinBlk

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
I wrecked my truck on a patch of black ice. Insurance gave me $10,000 plus for my 2004 GMC. Was a toss up between the Camaro and the Challenger. I have owned older models of both, to include a 1974 'Cuda. Went in and test drove the Camaro first....and last....didn't even drive the Challenger. Withdrew another $19,000 out of my savings account and drove away with a brand new 2015 Camaro....all MINE! No regrets!
BkinBlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #138
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
So, there I was just minding my own beeezZzwax when my co-workers went into my office and asked, "When am I getting a real car?" I responded, "I have a real car and it's paid in full and I also do all the maintenance. Then they pulled up a ZL1 video -- doing all sorts of good stuff on the road and track! Yeah, pretty much NC-17 stuff Thought to myself... I like IT that -- I do

...and now look at the parking lot

ZL1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #139
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
First Camaro was a 2011. My old beater car I had through college died the day I went to turn in my job offer. So, I had to find something and quick. The one I found was the only manual trans V6 2LT within 100 miles. Got it for $500 under invoice plus $4200 off in GM credits. At that time I didn't want to spend the $$ on a V8, being my first job and not sure how things would go. This was June 2011.

Last winter rolled around and the 20% off deal was available on a ZL1 about 80 miles away. After some negotiation I got a deal that I couldn't resist. Essentially what I got for trade in on my 2011 made my actual cost per month on it $149/month (depreciation hit per month) plus I obviously got a crazy deal on the Z. Got another $1600 off on GM Card credits on the Z as well.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:20 AM   #140
MaNiaK

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS RS
Wanted a Camaro since I was 15 years old. There was a 78' for sale up by my friends house back in 1992, it was all juiced up, traction bars, engine mods, wide slicks out back, you name it, it was done up ! I worked 20hrs a week at a grocery store for 9 bucks an hour, so it wasn't easy coming up with 5 grand in a hurry, especially for a grade 12 student. Went back a week later to try and make a deal on it but it was gone. A few weeks later, I bought a Jeep CJ7 in candy apple red with a 305 Chev engine and dual exhaust, and was on top of the world, but I still longed for a Camaro. Fast forward to 2009, the same good buddy who lived near the Camaro I dreamed about back in 92' calls me and says "I'm ordering a Camaro, and I'm trying to decide what color I like best." We go through pics of the available colors, and he decides he likes the Charcoal best. I say "no man, get something bright that stands out, you wanna be seen in a car like that !" So then we noticed the Inferno Orange Metallic, and even better, you can get it with matching leather, yeahhhh ! He orders his IOM 2SS RS, and I am truly happy for him. A year and a half ago, my mom passed away very suddenly, and just 2 months ago, my best buddy, my Golden Retriever "Rossi" passes away very suddenly as well. To keep my mind occupied, another good buddy of mine says he wants his high school dream car, a Blue Iroc Camaro, so I start looking for one for him. Not even thinking of myself, I find a 2010 Camaro 2SS RS in Inferno Orange Metallic with matching leather interior with the LS3 and only 4500 kms and almost 10g in mods. I knew right then that I had to have it ! Life is too short, folks, don't wait til it's too late, because it's all about enjoying yourself while you can

Last edited by MaNiaK; 06-16-2015 at 07:41 AM.
MaNiaK is offline   Reply With Quote